Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just bust out the crucible, you can try hitting without heavy ammo if you want, but I just waited for heavy to spawn, then hung back for about 30 sec until rocket guys are dead. Then wait around corners for people. The next step of the quest is even more tedious imo.

Supercell is a random drop, I got mine from nightfall this week.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Just got my zhalo supercell lasg night. Last strike of the night. Used like 13 coins with no dice all night. I figured wtf ill run another on my warlock for a quest to do the brothers strike. Didnt even get to use it because it was likr 4am lol.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
The worst is getting flayers over and over. They don't even count for the buff. Waste of time.

You can still speed run old strikes right? Just not farm rapid fire?

Xevy

Log Wizard
FYI do your exotic sword quest before Wednesday as the step after the heinous gather part requires you to talk to the armsday merchant on Wednesday.

spronk

FPS noob
do legacy rumble 3v3 for the exotic sword quest, i suck balls at pvp but got my 25 kills in 2 games with that. a bunch of people running around without heavy guns makes it easy to pick up all the heavy

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Just did our first try at the raid going in blind. Downed the totems and warpriest..... and we have gotten a total of ONE fucking weapon and some shards spread amongst all players. Is this some kind of joke? I was not expecting loot to rain from heaven (even tho engrams did, but of course they become 260-70 shit) but come on, 1 item on 6 chars doing 2 encounters?

Edit; oh and it was a 304 weapon, so the guy will not use it. Good job Bungie!

jdfording

Trakanon Raider
Anyway to change the sword type? I picked the solar one as a warlock which is ok but I would like to get the void version. Wonder what would happen if I deleted it.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Anyway to change the sword type? I picked the solar one as a warlock which is ok but I would like to get the void version. Wonder what would happen if I deleted it.
You can get the others with other characters. I got two now. And supposedly if you have all three lv 280 in your inventory when you hand in the pvp 25 kills and the 50 taken step you only have to do this once for all 3. Then the farming shit has to be done separately for all three.

Xevy

Log Wizard
You can get the others with other characters. I got two now. And supposedly if you have all three lv 280 in your inventory when you hand in the pvp 25 kills and the 50 taken step you only have to do this once for all 3. Then the farming shit has to be done separately for all three.
I can semi attest to this. My friend had done the Void Drinker quest and wanted to do the Bolt Caster and when he went to get his pvp/pve kills it auto completed. He used the same character though, so maybe it's tied to characters.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Played with a_skeleton_03 as a replacement for someone in their raid. Hilarious because a_skeleton_03 went "AFK" for like 25 minutes, so the rest of us were making fun of him for that period of time, and then also pushing his character into the Abyss to kill him where Onyx spawns at first.

Also, a_skeleton_03 seems to vanish when he has to go get a water. And he is gone for a while. So this resulted in me telling everyone that he is part of the Yanomamo tribe and he gets water for the tribe from a well 5 miles away and has to carry the bucket on his head on the way back to his hut. Others think that he squeezes the water from the soil. The jury is out.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
My own running joke in my last wow guild was to always announce "pooping" for any sort of AFK. After a while I was able to establish a pattern where they just assumed flash shits could strike at any moment - such as during trash, or whenever they were talking for too long, or if I fucked up something mid fight. Incontinence is a convenient alibi.

In Destiny, it's the opposite. I'm never afk! Wireless PS4 headset with no PTT = keep talking like I'm in the game, even while flushing and washing my hands or stirring a cocktail.

Praetorian

Golden Knight of the Realm
Played with a_skeleton_03 as a replacement for someone in their raid. Hilarious because a_skeleton_03 went "AFK" for like 25 minutes, so the rest of us were making fun of him for that period of time, and then also pushing his character into the Abyss to kill him where Onyx spawns at first.

Also, a_skeleton_03 seems to vanish when he has to go get a water. And he is gone for a while. So this resulted in me telling everyone that he is part of the Yanomamo tribe and he gets water for the tribe from a well 5 miles away and has to carry the bucket on his head on the way back to his hut. Others think that he squeezes the water from the soil. The jury is out.
That's a great story. Thanks for sharing with the class.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>

That is my 14 year old son by the way!!

I was at work yesterday so no clue what he was doing when he was getting water
biggrin.png

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Did the raid up through Warpriest. We couldn't seem to get enough DPS to take him down, though we kept getting close. It's been too long since I've raided.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
This was Saturday afternoon!
I was home that day. He kept coming in and watching me play on the Xbox and said some raid leader was telling him to use an auto rifle instead of sniper on a bunch of things. I guess a hunter was also doing the jumping parts because "hunter are better at jumping".

He was quite frustrated with how little experience/knowledge this raid leader had.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Man fuck that jump puzzle in Kings Fall. I must have spent a goddamn hour crossing those stupid ships.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I was home that day. He kept coming in and watching me play on the Xbox and said some raid leader was telling him to use an auto rifle instead of sniper on a bunch of things. I guess a hunter was also doing the jumping parts because "hunter are better at jumping".

He was quite frustrated with how little experience/knowledge this raid leader had.
Oh. Yeah I had no clue what I was doing either. So I am guessing that didn't help. I was the hunter on platform 1 and drinking Stella.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Oh. Yeah I had no clue what I was doing either. So I am guessing that didn't help. I was the hunter on platform 1 and drinking Stella.
He doesn't understand the fun of screwing around while raiding. That kid is too serious about his video games! I told him to lighten up and stick it out.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Did the raid up through Warpriest. We couldn't seem to get enough DPS to take him down, though we kept getting close. It's been too long since I've raided.
A tip for warpriest:

Always do the left aura in the middle. When the aura spawns left, rather than having the entire team jump up to the left ledge, the left guys go middle. When the Occulus (or whatever it is) comes, there is a small ledge on the left wall that is partially covered by the shadow of the obelisk, enough to fit all 6 people if they don't push. Also, whichever side is the third to go will be getting the aura (we still all move right if it spawns there and the obelisk is up, some people always go mid), anyways, only 1 person needs to stay so the 2 free people from other runes can begin moving right away, to increase maximum uptime on damage.

The left was always a pain in the ass, but doing this helps.