Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Column_sl

shitlord
Rofl, Glad I quit this game right when I saw the writing on the wall. What garbage

Derek Carroll: "With Taken King we are moving to a more event-based model - things like Festival of the Lost and Sparrow racing, which is our winter event, and then smaller events such as Iron Banner and Trials of Osiris every weekend.

Rather than doing these giant, monolithic DLC packs, this way everybody who's an owner of Taken King can enjoy these things."
Bungie Confirms That They're Not Doing Big Destiny DLC This Year

spronk

FPS noob
played one round of sparrow racing, it shows up as a new icon on the bottom left destination page like nightfall, daily pve mission, etc. fun i guess, felt like a weird f2p wipeout game or something. Its a nice little addition to taken king for free, i certainly wouldn't pay any money to play it. there are a couple of new cosmetic items that are all level 3 that the ship vendor sells for legendary marks, and 4 bounties that give "event standing" and xp, and a single quest that gives you a new sparrow if you finish 5 races.

all in all feels kind of bizarre, like not enough really to make me want to play destiny again but i guess if you play weekly its a nice little bonus.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
What a fiasco with the weapon balance. This whole time the AR buff that was supposed to be anywhere from 4%-9% , according to the pre patch notes and original patch notes themselves, was actually a 'typo' and Bungie intended the buff to be 0.04% - 0.09%. How does a 0.04% damage increase do ANYTHING? Good lord Bungie. ..and then to tell us this was the intended buffage all along in your weekly update, after you spoke multiple times about 4%, 7% etc leading up to the update...unbelievable.

I don't really care how they buff or don't buff weapons but to try and tell us an inperceptible damage increase of far less than 1% is the intended precentage all along is an insult to the playerbase. With such a small, unnoticeable change why bother in the first place?

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Anyone still playing that could help me and my brother out tonight? We want to get a black spindle and we don't quite have the DPS as a duo to do it. We are on PSN. Hunter/Warlock both about 295 light. My PSN ID is Gankak123. We should be on around 830PM EST tonight.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
What a fiasco with the weapon balance. This whole time the AR buff that was supposed to be anywhere from 4%-9% , according to the pre patch notes and original patch notes themselves, was actually a 'typo' and Bungie intended the buff to be 0.04% - 0.09%. How does a 0.04% damage increase do ANYTHING? Good lord Bungie. ..and then to tell us this was the intended buffage all along in your weekly update, after you spoke multiple times about 4%, 7% etc leading up to the update...unbelievable.

I don't really care how they buff or don't buff weapons but to try and tell us an inperceptible damage increase of far less than 1% is the intended precentage all along is an insult to the playerbase. With such a small, unnoticeable change why bother in the first place?
If you look athttps://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePla...lance_and_the/there is an interview with Wisniewski about the latest patch. and the way he explains it is that it does make a difference. The .04% or whatever quoted is not the output number, its the internal number used on spreadsheets to come up with the final values. Also the UI does not show decimals, so a gun doing 20.223 that does 20.334 after patch will still be displayed as doing 20 dmg, but over time your TTK does go down and the guns are more powerful. And think about it, ARs, while weaker than Prs still put in work in crucible before patch, now imagine if they got the supposed 8-9% buff they were claiming before. They would be way over the top OP especially the bullet hoses that already were pretty OP and melting people, like the Doctrine.

Still does not explain and excuse why they were touting those numbers for months before the patch.

what I think happened is they adjusted the PRs and noticed that they no longer needed to boost the other gun types like they thought they needed to. And if you go into crucible right now it seems they are getting good representations... Look at stats from guardian.gg, People are using way more hand cannons, ARs use went up and PR use went down, but people are still using them. Oh and the introduction of Mida shot up the stats for scout usage too.

ARs are in a god place now, as are all other gun types except maybe fusions (dont know why they fucked with fusions, making them even worse when they were not a problem to begin with). Its just down to how you want to play and what is your play style. I have played with all the archetypes since patch and they are all viable, but now range and how you play is more important than ever to see what gun to bring.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just got a ps4. I haven't played destiny since taken king came out... Any reason to drop $40 on this?

Tilluin

Molten Core Raider
I was in a similar position - I quit playing after beating hard mode Athlon a year ago. I picked up TTK last month when a buddy did and we've been having a blast. Granted in a month of casual playing I've now completed TTK hard mode so will probably stop playing soon but it's been good fun and worth the money.

j00t

Fair enough. I had $80 in psn cards lying around and the console came with a 20% off your entire psn cart. So that, mixed with the flash sale I picked up just cause 3, arkham knight and taken king for $10 out of pocket.

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I finally broke down and bought this game when I upgraded the kids console to the PS4 for Christmas. I normally (as in never) play console games, but I have been bored and there is really nothing on the PC to play. I sucked mightily at the controller since I have been a keyboard mouse guy forever. But I am getting the hang of it. I've managed to get to level 8 but it's getting harder to solo.

If there are any others getting a late start give me a shout my game ID is Greyform.

I got the Uncharted bundle and that has been a blast, I worked through the first one already, that helped a lot to get used to the controls.

j00t

Uncharted series is the jewel of the ps3 if you haven't played it. Grats. As for destiny, a big part is really just taking your time. A lot of guys will make fun of you for not burning to max level in 5 hours, but that's nonsense. Enjoy the game. Like I said earlier, I've been gone for a few months so I'm lost on the current weapon balances and content, but weapons have always been personal flavor anyways. Even when one weapon is the best on paper, I have always used the type that *I* personally could use well. If that meant using an underpowered pulse rifle just because I could balance 1 body shot and 2 headshots easily, then that's what that meant.

Also, don't feel bad about redoing or skipping content. Do a strike 2 or 3 times if its at level, but your next mission is just a little too challenging. Or vice versa. In the few hours that i played last night, the game has improved greatly since launch so I think things are a bit more streamlined

Also, the mods you start getting on guns help significantly with auto aim, so that helps playing an fps with a controller. At level 8 you probably haven't seen or noticed it much but its there

Greyform

cool, I don't see myself burning through content since I share the console with the kids and play it at night for my turn, plus I started uncharted 2 and that's been a lot of fun, but I do like that Destiny has the mmo feel when you're in town and I see all the level 40's running around.

Greyform

man, finally got a decent weapon to drop this game sucks when you can't do any damage. I had 3 blues drop on one run it made a huge difference in the fun factor.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
man, finally got a decent weapon to drop this game sucks when you can't do any damage. I had 3 blues drop on one run it made a huge difference in the fun factor.
Just wait until you hit the end game and all your weapon upgrades are stagnant, and thanks to an RNG system 50 times worse than original Diablo 3 that kicks in, you get no upgrades, and it most definitely isn't fun any more.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Started playing this with a friend now. Picked a new class, so we going Titan/warlock. Have no experience with either of them, and not played since house of wolves was released.

Was wondering if there are any things like "this faction is clearly better for that class/subclass" I should be aware of? Should I start getting faction up with anyone before 40, or is it simply based on what we like to do so it doesn't really matter? We're both around level 18/19 at this point.

Guessing maybe intellect / discipline is best for a defender? Future war cult? Or are there any new factions that are better?

Greyform

Started playing this with a friend now. Picked a new class, so we going Titan/warlock. Have no experience with either of them, and not played since house of wolves was released.

Was wondering if there are any things like "this faction is clearly better for that class/subclass" I should be aware of? Should I start getting faction up with anyone before 40, or is it simply based on what we like to do so it doesn't really matter? We're both around level 18/19 at this point.

Guessing maybe intellect / discipline is best for a defender? Future war cult? Or are there any new factions that are better?
my titan just hit level 20 so if you guys want to add a third on any runs let me know same name in game. Some of these quests are hard as hell to solo.