Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finally got my crux last night. Now if i can just get a word of crota to drop i can say good riddance to hard mode of CE forever!

Is anyone planning to run NF this week? I'll look you guys up before i start a run. Valus no burn is going to be fun...

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Doubt it for me, I really only log in anymore if Xur has something I want.

Almost done with bloodborne and then I'll probably catch up on some games I never got to play. Have AC frenchie edition and GTA V just sitting there, plus I still want to get DS2.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Weekly update out. Patch 1.1.2 coming very soon (next week is the speculation).

Coming in patch (in addition to the stuff mentioned in the last update by deej):

Pvp adjustments (less ammo spawns )

You can now lock weapons and armor to avoid accidental dismantle

You can toggle your helmet on/off in social spaces (ie the tower)

Weekly update out. Patch 1.1.2 coming very soon (next week is the speculation).

Coming in patch (in addition to the stuff mentioned in the last update by deej):

Pvp adjustments (less ammo spawns )

You can now lock weapons and armor to avoid accidental dismantle

You can toggle your helmet on/off in social spaces (ie the tower)
wow, this list might just turn things around for Destiny!

Bungie must be rolling around in the pile of cash they made because they sure do move fucking slow on everything. I was blaming the fact updates were so slow on Sony, but it seems all my other games get updates much faster. Seriously though, what the fuck to their programmers do all day?

spronk

FPS noob
[News] Xûr Megathread 04/10/15 - 04/12/15 : DestinyTheGame

for anyone else who doesn't login anymore - xur is selling suros, armantenium (titan), starfire (warlock), ats/8 (hunter). suros worth grabbing i guess if you don't have it

most of bungie is almost certainly working on destiny 2, some people will rotate into HoW/comet as needed but its one or the other. I doubt they have multiple teams, very inefficient since there will be lots of downtime in D2 as they prototype stuff and designers iterate and lots of downtime on Destiny as QA tests stuff

Goatface

sorta sad nearly everything that takes them months to do, modders could had it done in a week.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
When is the wolves den coming? WTF is happening to this game?

Hopefully Bungie have leaned that releasing a game like this needs tons of content to have people keep playing. Even the most hardcore can only do the same shit over and over for so long until they finally say fuck you Im done.

Izuldan_sl

shitlord
Yeah I really enjoyed this game, I certainly put many, many hours into it. It's a shame because the game has/had so much potential. At least there isn't a monthly subscription fee otherwise I would have un-subbed months ago. As it stands I haven't even logged in the past few weeks.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Once HOW comes out, I'm sure a lot of people will come back. I will for awhile at least.

I'm guessing that they learned a lot during Crota's End and realized that if they had released HOW on time (back in March) it would have resulted in a ton of people quitting the game. So I'm really hoping that the delay was to fix the DLC (but what that entails I have no idea).

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
most of bungie is almost certainly working on destiny 2, some people will rotate into HoW/comet as needed but its one or the other. I doubt they have multiple teams, very inefficient since there will be lots of downtime in D2 as they prototype stuff and designers iterate and lots of downtime on Destiny as QA tests stuff
Problem is, who the fuck will buy Destiny 2 after the mess of things they have made in Destiny?

Dont get me wrong, I love the gameplay but it seems they screwed up every single other thing that is in the game;

*Storage space
*The billion diffrent currency system
*No random instances
*Slow as fuck release of content patches (yeah its not a fucking DLC if you include 40 min of missions then throw in a raid, its a PATCH)
*RNG loot without enough chances to get to roll the RNG
*Missing in-game match making for raids (they claim the raids are "too hard" for randoms to do, thats why everyone is throwing together random groups though private forums.....)
*Building the PvE game around 2 weapons of which one is RNG and the other is frequently for sale at the weekend vendor
*No custom looks for anything, every fucking player is a clone of every other of that class

I could go on but lets not. Simply put they would have needed to hire some guy with actual experience for a RNG loot game for this from start.

They have not had a PvE event since what, the 1st month of the game? Its the same old tired fucking PvP event that rolls around. Something is seriously wrong with their project management or higher up in the chain, a IP that you have poured this much cash into and so much prestige should under no circumstances be handled this way.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Once HOW comes out, I'm sure a lot of people will come back. I will for awhile at least.

I'm guessing that they learned a lot during Crota's End and realized that if they had released HOW on time (back in March) it would have resulted in a ton of people quitting the game. So I'm really hoping that the delay was to fix the DLC (but what that entails I have no idea).
The irony is that a lot of people already quit the game due to lack of content, sorta damned if you do and damned if you dont.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Keep in mind that Destiny is a first of it's kind game. Bungie had to learn a lot of things the hard way and I'm positive that Destiny 2 will be a stronger experience as a result of the lessons they learned in Destiny 1. A lot of the mistakes may seem obvious in hindsight but weren't quite as obvious while developing the entire game.

I'm not giving Bungie a free pass but I do believe that Destiny 2 won't be the clusterfuck that 1 was. And despite that clustfuck, 1 was still a really good game.

Column_sl

shitlord
Despite what you guys think of Destiny, it was I believe one of the highest grossing games of that year, as well as the Crota being the top paid DLC.

And in all honestly, gamers don't care about past performances anyway they care about what can you do for me now.

If Destiny 2 catches the excitement of the masses again it will be another success story.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Keep in mind that Destiny is a first of it's kind game. Bungie had to learn a lot of things the hard way and I'm positive that Destiny 2 will be a stronger experience as a result of the lessons they learned in Destiny 1. A lot of the mistakes may seem obvious in hindsight but weren't quite as obvious while developing the entire game.

I'm not giving Bungie a free pass but I do believe that Destiny 2 won't be the clusterfuck that 1 was. And despite that clustfuck, 1 was still a really good game.
It's not so much that they made mistakes, it's their absolute unwillingness to correct them in anything approaching a timely manner

Antithesis

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Love the game, still play ALOT but part of the problem with the loot reward system(the MMO side of the game) is that other MMO's learned years ago that RNG is extremely flawed, its like Bungie didn't take notes. Add to that, the FPS players that came in, saw the exotics and said 'ohh shiny' weren't prepared for the (little though it is) grind and constant disappointment that is raiding. With no story/lore worth caring about, lackluster pvp, no crafting, and no real sense of community anywhere in the game there is nothing else to retain players.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Putting significant resources into a random strike generator would go so far in giving players something to do. I mean, like diablo style random dungeons. Different layout, different enemies, different modifiers. Its all but impossible at this point as the current infrastructure wouldn't support that at all. But it would be nice

Column_sl

shitlord
It really isn't a MMO it is more Hub based gaming, and RNG can work you just have to add the content with the skill systems to foster creativity with the Builds.

All they had to do was copy Diablo imo, have gear with random stats that you can roll in different ways, and a skill tree that can be put together to make different builds.

Then you have randomly generated strikes with themes with many different difficulties. Same with the raiding.

Basically just make it a FPS version of Diablo 3 and you would have enough things to do to last people a very long time. Then add in a reset feature every 3-4 monthes that people can compete on the ladder with just like Diablo 3 seasons.