Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

spronk

FPS noob
bought 20 exotic engram's from xur, like 14 decoded to saint 14 or obsidian mind. 0 to DLC2 titan or warlock helms, which is what I wanted
frown.png
oh well, basically bought 20 exotic shards for 460 motes.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sounds like the best weapons are locked behind pvp this expansion. If you go a perfect 9-0 in ToO, you get access to a social space on mercury that has a chest with exotics, exotic emblem, motes, and most importantly, the elemental legendary HoW weapons.

I'm terrible at pvp and have virtually no shot at getting 9 wins, let alone 9 wins with zero losses.

spronk

FPS noob
They are PVP geared elemental weapons that drop from ToO, there is a different set of primary elemental with anti-fallen modifiers that drop only from the last boss in 35 PoE (not chest, the boss itself). Its extremely rare though, like maybe 2 drops out of 30+ kills I've heard about.

All in all yeah if you are an awesome PVPer ToO is fantastic but if you are a scrub (like me) its a non starter, there is no way I'd ever hold my own in small teams just too old and slow
frown.png
On the plus side HoW is done really fast, I am 34 already and next week will be 34 on all my chars with 0 etheric light random drops. While TDB was weaker overall it did seem to be more fun with crota.

Level advantages don't matter too much in PVP by the way, as long as you are 2-3 levels within cap. A level 33 does 99% of the dmg against a 34, a level 32 does like 95%. Its not at all like PVE where a 32 is only doing 50% dmg against a 34. This is for both ToO and Iron Banner.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I am fairly weak in pvp as well but I dont think it will be impossible considering the team size. If it was 6 on 6, then we would all be fucked. But finding two other people decent enough should not be too bad.

Is anyone still running the raids? Thanks to work I had to be super casual through TDB and have literally never done either of the raids. I hit 32 this afternoon on my huntard though and want to check them out. Gamertag is Setekhra.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I was curious to see if they might put Xur in the reef today selling something impossible to pass up like gjallerhorn, so people like me may motivate to pony up for the expansion. They didn't, I didn't, and I probably won't.

spronk

FPS noob
I was curious to see if they might put Xur in the reef today selling something impossible to pass up like gjallerhorn, so people like me may motivate to pony up for the expansion. They didn't, I didn't, and I probably won't.
if all you want is gallahorn its a lot easier to get it seems, the first chest you loot in PoE gives an exotic (every week? not sure) per character. I've gotten an extra gallahorn that way. Also Last Word that xur is selling this week is probably the top PVP gun outside of the new ToO guns.

been doing 35 skelos boss for 90 minutes now with a pickup group using the 3 gallahorn strat, its a lot tougher than it seems. gotten him to 5% like half a dozen times but something goes wrong, but we're close

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
In PoE, once I've used a treasure key and gotten the big chest, is there any reason to use a key on the chest again before reset if I do poe again on a different dofficulty? Also, does it matter which difficulty I use the treasure key on? (ie if I use the key on the 28 chest, are the rewards different than the 32 chest)

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
ok, so the first key use for week is queen weapon + exotic, and after that you still get weapons? Sounds good! Thanks

edit: just did nightfall on my 3rd character and got my first etheric light. Gotta figure out which armor slot to upgrade first

Column_sl

shitlord
Make sure you save one key for the level 35 prison. You get a 100% ship,emblem, and shader when you open the treasure chest.

spronk

FPS noob
its a huge difference between all 34s and two 34s and one 33 for POE 35, I got a kill today after just 3 tries with all 34s (two titans and a warlock, as long as there is 1 titan it doesn't matter too much imo). But yeah the boss goes down way, way faster with all 34s w/ maxxed gallahorns. Didn't get the exotic bounty unfortunately, and I doubt I'll be killing the boss much if they mix up the burns since without solar its going to be a royal pain in the ass. I find the bubble at the very bottom of the stairs the best, and two people start shooting rockets right away at him when they get to that spot so he doesn't move too far towards the group (third person goes up and shotguns servitor and stays up there). We had our warlock run to the mine at 12 secs while boss was at 3% and that saved us a wipe.

The ship is cool but you can buy the same model from pirate lady for 17k glimmer at rank 3, its aquamarine instead of the shiny blue the POE 35 drop is. I got a key from a side chest too.

anyone playing ToO? Friend wants to do it but i'm one of those PVPers that loves running in and suicide jihading so focusing on defense and staying alive may not be my playstyle. maybe i'll screw around with it on sunday, it looks fun but i don't think there is any chance of me getting 9 wins without a loss
frown.png

Column_sl

shitlord
Just a tip on that fight, if you keep him staggered he never moves forward or warps.

If you just time your reloads so there is always damage on him, he will never even get close to that ramp.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
So... once you beat 35 thats it then (excluding camping-for-the-win ToO)? *golfclap* Nice work Bungie, I am impressed that your content level is still below what 5 interns can produce in a week.

They cant be fucking serious about this, hell even the Reef map has two "circles" that should be new zones on it.....

Faize_sl

shitlord
Looking for 2 more 34s with gjallarhorns for 35 PoE tonight if anyones interested, i can be 34 on my warlock or titan. Looking to get at least one done this week will be on around 8pm est if anyone wants to shoot me a friend request at faize4986

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Did my first 34 poe. Man that boss was tough (did it with 3 33 warlocks). Don't think I'll have time to try the 35 version before reset. Hopefully some of you guys will be on for this coming week's poe cycle.

So... once you beat 35 thats it then (excluding camping-for-the-win ToO)? *golfclap* Nice work Bungie, I am impressed that your content level is still below what 5 interns can produce in a week.

They cant be fucking serious about this, hell even the Reef map has two "circles" that should be new zones on it.....
Seems like they are serious unless they have a few content patches that are unannounced as of yet. I get even get into it knowing how shitty the whole things is. Friends all beat 35 on day 1, the new weapons are a joke and the only way to get a weapon with a burn is beat TOO with a 9 win streak (bad connection fuck you). Beating the new content got me an exotic from release, come on bungie, how many fucking thunder-lords etc do we need.

Extremely underwhelmed at Bungies effort, the new stories are old zones backwards with scripted content. At this point I honestly think this is an experiment by Bungie/Activision to see how little they can get people to pay for. It's really the gamers fault for buying into all the pre-order BS nowadays. They hang a tiny carrot and people give them money and get screwed.

What was the last game released that people felt they got their money worth, wasnt buggy as hell or missing content and didn't have a day 1 super patch (meaning they released knowing game wasnt ready) fuck the internet for making game developers lazy, we used to have to test shit til we bled to release to consoles because their was no patching. We also had meetings to discuss if we were giving gamers what they wanted for their money.

Now it goes something like this:

Exec: "Hey guys, release date is two weeks, we ready?"
DEv1: "Uhh, honestly, not quite. We only have single player level 1, 2, 3, and 6 done, we have about 1/4 the player and monster models ready, 50% of the animations, 3 out of nine classes, and online stuff is still about a month out"
Exec: "Great! Marketing to go all out!"
Marketing: "Rushes out of room"
Dev2: "The games only really about 20% done and not even fun yet, the story is full of holes at this point"
Exec: "Can we patch it?"
Devs: "Yes"
Exec: "Perfect, see you all at the launch party in 2 weeks!"

Week after launch:
Exec: "Well this is a clusterfuck, what happened"
Devs: "<Silence>"
Exec: "How we gonna fix it?"
Marketing: "Well, We can vaguely announce something about something huge, coming sometime. Maybe something that the players all expected at launch that we almost have done anyhow"
Exec: "Yes... and lets charge them 29 dollars, great get to work!"

Why do we all put up with it?