Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Really surprised Bungie didnt announce something today to keep people playing. Tons of people going to play COD and with Bungie relying on the silver store to make money you think they would dangle at least a carrot on a stick to keep interest. I was actually expecting some content release of some sort.
I think it is because of the "no more DLC" thing. As they ramp up the development of Destiny 2 for release next autumn their content production team has probl. been tasked with work on that. Was it not stated that the silver store was there to provide cash for a "live team" for events and such? (This ties in neatly with my tinfoil-hat theory that the only "events" we will see is Crota 310 and VoG 310 versions until then, maybe with a sprinkle of holliday events for xmas, easter and such).

I think it is because of the "no more DLC" thing. As they ramp up the development of Destiny 2 for release next autumn their content production team has probl. been tasked with work on that. Was it not stated that the silver store was there to provide cash for a "live team" for events and such? (This ties in neatly with my tinfoil-hat theory that the only "events" we will see is Crota 310 and VoG 310 versions until then, maybe with a sprinkle of holliday events for xmas, easter and such).
Yes but if noone is playing the silver store will not make any money, they need something to keep the players logging in to even see the new dances. They will also need to modify the emote functions, no one wants to buy a ton of emotes if they can only use one at a time.

No 320 Skolas?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Destiny 2? I thought this was their forever 15 year journey or whatever. Guess that went out the window along with all the content at launch.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
They always intended for even-numbered years to be box releases and odd numbered years to be DLC releases as part of the whole 10 year plan. They had no intention of the same engine necessarily surviving all 10 years and so only committed that your overall character would pass from one to the next. Think of the annual Call of Duty release only with a player character.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I dont know where you guys are getting the no more dlc thing. One of the big wigs overthere was just quoted that more dlc and more cash shop are coming because its working and they are making mad stacks.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So trials is back. I know the last one sucked and we didn't do so well, still managed 5 wins though and get the bounties done, but anyone wanna try again? Maybe all the sweaties will be off playing blops3 and halo?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I'll give it a shot with you tonight. I'm PST and should be on around 9pm.
Hit me up when you get on evaneezer110. Anyone for a third? Just to warn you guys though, this is just a fun run, not sweaty. Although im decent in crucible 1.1 KD trials not so much. But still want to try, at least practice.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Exodus Blue is the TOO map, PS exclsive from yr one. The one where B point is the tunnel wearhouse thing that everyone gets killed at in 6s. Heavy spawns close to A and C, C being the long warehouse portion with steps and A being out in the open. Totally asymmetric map too, should be interesting. Much smaller map this time with less sniping lanes than the first map.

rrr_img_115478.jpg

People reporting helmets as 5th game win.
Edit: 7th win is sniper

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
I dont know where you guys are getting the no more dlc thing. One of the big wigs overthere was just quoted that more dlc and more cash shop are coming because its working and they are making mad stacks.
If its this you are speaking about (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/des.../1100-6423373/) it says nothing about DLCs. New Destiny "full game" and future expansions.

According to another article (The Messy, True Story Behind The Making Of Destiny) they are now going to a: "Instead of it going Destiny, DLC1, DLC2, Comet, DLC1, DLC2, they're actually just gonna go [big] release and then incremental release. So it'll just be Destiny, Comet, Destiny, Comet every year. It's basically just switching the game to an annual model.".

From that I read "We are now making Destiny 2 and working on more full expansions like TTK"

Looking at their other IPs like COD and so on, it would actually fit Activision better to skip the DLCs and milk a cash-shop between expansions. Destiny has near perfect gameplay, what they lack is a team who knows how to make content that lasts, a loot system that is ok (funny that they seem to have the Diablo III guys for a visit to improve the RNG loot system, its much improved in TTK but needs tweaks like if you are 310+ you should have a chance at getting 310+ legendarys from engrams and so on), and HOST FUCKING SERVERS for PVP (this will not happen, just look at COD...).

Needless

Toe Sucker
Thats kind of whack if you use that auto level 25 item you get for buying the expansion, it doesn't give you any experience in your subclass lol

Whats a good way to grind a subclass up quickly?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Thats kind of whack if you use that auto level 25 item you get for buying the expansion, it doesn't give you any experience in your subclass lol

Whats a good way to grind a subclass up quickly?
Yeah its definitely a fuck up on their part. What good is a lv25 dude that does not even have a good jump yet? Unfortunately there isnt some magic way of leveling them, you just gotta play and grind them out.

sl4ck3r_sl

shitlord
Bounties and quests that give +experience. It sucks even if you start out at 1 right now. When I first ran Taken King, I was no where near to getting Weapons of Light because fuck the bubble titan, I wanted to throw hammers.

Sumi_sl

shitlord
I have a friend that is already back on Destiny after a day with Fallout 4. I'm recovering from a Tattoo session on my elbow/ditch anyway, but I bet I'm going to skip Fallout as well just because I would rather play a multiplayer game anyday. Hopefully I'll get three shield bro nightfalls on Sunday.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I honestly only log in or Xur and Gunsmith - the last time i did 3 nightfalls i got 3 ghost shells and said f that.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
I log in on wednesdays to do one hard raid, then log out and play Fallout 4 the rest of the week with a short break to do trials of osiris on mondays when the fanatics are done and you can breeze through 5 wins to get the armor part.

If they dont get another raid out the door in a month or so I think Im done with this until Destiny 2 or whatever they will call it. Gameplay is amazing, content..not so much, it took less then 2 weeks for TTK to become a "log in to raid, then play something else" chore.On the positive side, I got into a really nice clan with cool people that I play other things with now, so not wasted time!
smile.png