Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I will say the loading / zoning times are pretty epic. I figure it has to be a server load and allocation queue because there is no way in hell The Tower needs that long to load from a local resources standpoint

spronk

FPS noob
I wonder what portion beta will be...
How Bungie is using the Destiny alpha to polish its sci-fi epic - PlayStation.Blog.Europe

Whilst the alpha was the first opportunity for a lot of players to get into Destiny early, it won?t be your only chance before launch, ?The beta test later in the year will contain different content ? there will be a difference but what?s key is that every bit of information we?re gathering and the tweaks and adjustments we?re making will carry through to the Beta test?.

so i guess at least itll be different dunno what. i think alpha was also level 4-8, you just got boosted auto to 4 when you started so we still haven't seen the newbie intro stuff

servers are still up

Zarcath

Silver Squire
servers come down at 6pm, we're doing some "disruptive" tests today.

Stats play a part in how fast you move. Hunters have a naturally high agility while titans agility is lower. Gear upgrades in the full game.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I just turned on my ps3 so my kids could watch Netflix and noticed that there was a big destiny pre-order/beta sign-up. then I saw that it mentioned something about e3. maybe i'm just putting 2 and 2 together and getting 18, but those alpha codes that were going around... were they just for ps4 or was it ps3 as well? I've been ignoring them because I don't have a ps4 yet but i'm gonna be all buggered if I missed it.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's a bot, what are people expecting energy from it for.
Well the article covers it well in that regard - as a bot it doesn't HAVE to be wooden, but it can be easily explained away.

It doesn't bother me personally - as it's a bot - although it is a sad use of his incredible acting chops to do that. I could deliver lines woodenly for a fraction of what they paid him I'm sure.

Crone

Is the beta on July 17th only for Ps4 as well? Or they expand it to Ps3?

Vaclav

Ah interesting - guess the earlier statements were regarding the alpha.

Disabled

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'll be streaming the last hour or so till Alpha ends. Come join me!

www.twitch.tv/Jahream

edit: Actually I'm getting d/c'd every 10min. Will call it quits until Beta. Thanks Bungie/Zarcath for the fun couple days!

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I was playing the alpha this past weekend when a non-gamer buddy came over and the first substantial somment he made while watching the game was that the voice was terrible. I suggested that it was meant to be an AI to which he countered that there are lines in the script that clearly show emotion but that the delivery is off.