Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
They act like precision shotguns. Little to no spread all hitting relatively the same spot.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
If the game only launches with earth mars moon venus (about 5 levels per planet and then raids unlocked at 20)... I'd be EXTREMELY disappointed. Even though each map is good size, I don't want to have to buy DLC/Expansions to have access to a "full" game. I've got this game on preorder, but I hope it's as big as Borderlands 2 or it would become Dragon Age 2 levels of repetitive QUICKLY.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
These maps are massive and gorgeous but I desperately hope there's more than just chests and the rare ghost to
collect...so much potential and I find myself just being like 'damn this game is hollow'.

To be clear, I love the game and whatnot...just saying.
That's the same feeling I have towards it. I explored the moon for better part of 3+ hours (when I exited it, it was closed). Tons of places to go, dark paths, but just feels like nothing is there. Same enemies I have faced since the opening, and no real boss battles. Did 2 "events" in the moon. One wave event, and one kill the mob before it reaches the checkpoints.

Must say I wish that bosses dropped things. Getting green drops from trash that I oneshot and nothing from mobs that take me 10+ minutes to solo is meh. The little ghosts or collection things are certainly not things that make me think that it was worth exploring somewhere, they are more of a "at least there was something here this time".

Game is fun, but unless the game is much larger than what it appears to be at the moment, I can see this game being put on the side quickly by people who don't care much about the PvP. I've played it a lot now, just to get a feel for it, but come release, I doubt I will spend as much time exploring per mission as I did with the moon one. Especially not since the missions all seem to reuse the same areas. I'm guessing I have seen most of the moon mission areas even though I have only done one mission. Only thing that I have missed would be the mission boss battles/loot, which again seems to indicate it being better to redo boss missions than to explore the zones.

Looking forwards to release, but still think The Division is going to give this a run for the money in terms of competition in the FPS genre (this has much too low a focus on community and people interaction to ever become a "mmo" like I have seen some here compare it to).

Erie_sl

shitlord
/rant WTF do the good games always release when the football seasons just start, fucking bullshit
frown.png

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
There is no real loot variety in the beta nor the first 8 levels - How much variety was there in d3 in the first few levels? Mostly white crap and some greens and a few blues but all shit gear early on and borderlands wasnt "much" different tho you could get a rare item on that first boss.

I dont get the reason on discussing the loot at all especially if youve played any mmo in the past 10 years you should be used to absolute shit gear choices in the early levels. Cloak of the Eagle and shit? They have showed off some of the more unique items and Column has posted some images of it also.

Im more concerned with running out of content at max level, and they are way too hush on the info given considering its just over a month away.

Chillz

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The Moon... Those Hive caves...

Since yesterday it was raining all day i spent most of my time playing Destiny /ps4 - that's a thing i rarely ever do anymore these days. I live in Europe, so by the time the Moon opened i had already played for many hours and was kinda tired already. Exploring deep into the moon in that state, was one of the most exciting game experiences i've ever had. All the strong points of generic mob placement and shitty loot drops aside, they did a phenomenal job on sound design and lighting. The deeper i stumbled down the caves the more i spaced out, lol. Many dead ends later and being surprised by the shrieker, i thought i've seen it all. But once i found that trembling room with the ogre in it i must have sat there with my mouth open, it felt so intense.

IMO with a bit of luck this game will be the DooM of this generation. I have not played anything better in forever.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have really enjoyed my time playing the PvE in this game. It is refreshing and addictive. My biggest gripe is that there needs to be some kind of way to initiate local voice chat. Maybe tie it to the R3 -> Options menu? Point at a player, click R3 "Request local voice com 15 minutes" On accept it puts you into a voice chat group with up to 5 players.

Still I have been having far more fun then I thought I would. I have a 700+ Grimorie score... lol.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
GrumpusJiuJitsu | Bungie.net

I am hopelessly addicted to this game.

Grimore score is 840, Cryptarch rank is 16, I have the pvp sparrow, I have two of the legendary ship and a bank full of rare and legendary gear...I cant stop playing this fucking game

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Is there much exploration 'off the beaten path' in this, and do you get rewarded for doing so (in the form of drops etc.)? Or do rewards just come when you complete missions etc.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Any word on cross platform/pc release? My buddy plays this on ps4 and i'd love to play with them but I haven't bought a console since the 360.

Fubarbox_sl

shitlord
Any word on cross platform/pc release? My buddy plays this on ps4 and i'd love to play with them but I haven't bought a console since the 360.
Sadly there is no PC version in the near future and I do not think they have committed to one at all, but they have said its not impossible. As far as crossplay, consoles within the same company (PS4/PS3 for example) cannot crossplay so cross platform play involving both Sony and Microsoft seems to be off the table. They say it has something to do with players having the same experience. I wish they would give players the option of choosing if they want to roll a character on a server that allowed cross platform within a company (sony/micro) or if they would rather stick with their console only , but it is what it is.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Sadly there is no PC version in the near future and I do not think they have committed to one at all, but they have said its not impossible. As far as crossplay, consoles within the same company (PS4/PS3 for example) cannot crossplay so cross platform play involving both Sony and Microsoft seems to be off the table. They say it has something to do with players having the same experience. I wish they would give players the option of choosing if they want to roll a character on a server that allowed cross platform within a company (sony/micro) or if they would rather stick with their console only , but it is what it is.
Destiny will inevitably be release on the PC - but it wont be this year, id say 1st or 2nd quarter of 2015. GTA wasnt initially going to be on next gen and it wasnt until after release it was said it would be put on next gen systems, thats more than likely how Destiny will be handled.