Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Erie_sl

shitlord
Sony PULSE

Amazon.com: Pulse Elite Edition Wireless Stereo Headset: Video Games

can likely find them 10ish cheaper elsewhere.
Was thinking about them, but read a couple of reviews in there about build quality. Let's just say I like to have a lot of cocktails and would be putting them on/off a lot so I'm not so sure that they'd work out for me if they'd break in a month.

edit: Though it seems build quality nowdays is shit in all of the cheap-mid range headsets

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Hmm i had a pair before i got my ps4 - They are better than any turtle beach or other console headset ive used before and pretty sturdy. Then again any headset has the possibility of being defunc and ofcourse when people get something bad hey make a review - but thats how all items are. Id say its best to find some local and get a feel for them yourself to see what you think but for sure they dont feel cheap.

Column_sl

shitlord
This is the worst waiting for Destiny to come out
frown.png

Fubarbox_sl

shitlord
You need to pick through reviews with headsets and find the middle ground because most seem to be in a love or hate category for a lot of reviewers. I went with the Sony Golds after watching and reading a ton of reviews. They just seemed to get the most consistent love overall and I must say, I am loving them so far. I got them from newegg ($74.99) with a 3 year replacement warranty for only about $86 total, not tax. Not bad when amazon is selling them for $80 with no coverage and charging tax. I normally do not get warranties, but I have never had a gaming headset last more than 2 years. As far as Turtle Beachs, most reviews had issues (comments on forums) with them from a quality standpoint and currently TB and other Bluetooth headset companies do not offer true wireless (until sony fixes an issue you need to plug into the controllers), only the Sony brands do not need to currently plug in I believe.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I picked up the golds about a week ago for $70 with a free $10 GC from best buy. I'm not an audiophile or anything, but they sound pretty damned good. My only complaints are that the battery life isn't great, and the removable faceplates come off way too easily. Every time I go to adjust the ear position the damn thing falls off.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, the Golds are supposed to be very good for the price-point.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
I really love my pulse elites. I use them on pc and ps3 and plan to use then if I pick up a ps4 for this. Bioshock Infinite certainly sounds incredible and they seem durable enough. I like them way better than the $80 wired turtle beach set I had. First party, generally speaking, build things to last in my experience.

I will add that I don't use the bass impact feature because it gives me headaches. Sad but I guess it doesn't happen to everyone.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wow, the mic on both of those sounds really shitty compared to a standard BT or USB headset with boom mic.

I still want to know why my goddamnLG HBS-730+doesn't work right with Destiny, as to me it's the perfect solution (for PS3, obviously won't work on PS4 since the retards at Sony axed all Bluetooth support).
frown.png

Fubarbox_sl

shitlord
Wow, the mic on both of those sounds really shitty compared to a standard BT or USB headset with boom mic.

I still want to know why my goddamnLG HBS-730+doesn't work right with Destiny, as to me it's the perfect solution (for PS3, obviously won't work on PS4 since the retards at Sony axed all Bluetooth support).
frown.png
I watched a ton of reviews, including both of these (liked the second guy a lot more... make sure you watch part 2). If you read the comments the reason the mic sounds so bad is because he is running it through the PC, which makes it sound crappy for some reason and actually disables feature of the headset. Watch some other reviews and read the comments on the first video and you will see people who own them did not understand why they sounded so bad in his video. It is actually very clear in my experience. Plus when these reviews were published the App for controlling sound was not available, which makes a difference. I also must agree with the second guy in saying they feel great (so light) when you wear them.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't think that strike I did was hard, but it was kind of retarded. That spider boss took forever to kill, unless there was a trick I missed. I just sat behind cover the entire time shooting my sniper rifle at its legs for 400 damage a pop. There wasn't a challenge, it was just fucking dumb all around.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I don't think that strike I did was hard, but it was kind of retarded. That spider boss took forever to kill, unless there was a trick I missed. I just sat behind cover the entire time shooting my sniper rifle at its legs for 400 damage a pop. There wasn't a challenge, it was just fucking dumb all around.
Shoot legs till the core opens up then shoot the core - rinse and repeat not hard at all, but you'd be amazed at how many idiots run up to him and get exploded on.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah that's why I hate that boss. It's just tedious without being all that difficult. If you have other people that know what they're doing they can be drawing fire while the other 2 fire on its weak spots. You rarely see that happen and it's usually run in and out of the safe area to the bosses left over and over for 15 min

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah that's why I hate that boss. It's just tedious without being all that difficult. If you have other people that know what they're doing they can be drawing fire while the other 2 fire on its weak spots. You rarely see that happen and it's usually run in and out of the safe area to the bosses left over and over for 15 min
Couldn't you say that about every boss fight ever made? Things suck when your group sucks.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Even one person who knows what they're doing can drop it fairly quickly though. Jigoku scout to break the legs followed by a Gozen sniper and/or a good rocket launcher to shoot the core and you can take off huge chunks of its health with each leg. Super helps a lot too if you're absolutely sure that it won't get you killed by the proximity AE. There are safe[ish] spots to shoot from, and basically if your team are retards you just make them wait the 30 seconds to revive rather than risk getting yourself killed too. Sadly, I speak from experience in a few strikes I did during the last 24 hours.

The only thing that really bothered me about the devil walker's design is that you can shoot the launcher on the side of the turret that shoots the ice rockets at you, but it takes so many shots to do it and does so little actual damage to the main hp bar that it's simply not worth bothering with when you could probably break two legs in the same period of time.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
It's just a simple learn and follow through process that forces you to also remain cautionary, which I applaud. I love playing a shooter and coming across an enemy that I'm not immediately like 'Oh, just keep shooting and move on.'

The first time was a bitch, as expected, but after dying a handful of times I never really had a problem. Of course it's not really the difficulty, it's the time consuming 'pseudo difficulty' involved, but I hope that might change a bit at higher levels. We shall see.

I'm pretty sure Vorph and I 2-manned that entire raid in great time, including the Devil Walker with zero problems.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's just a simple learn and follow through process that forces you to also remain cautionary, which I applaud. I love playing a shooter and coming across an enemy that I'm not immediately like 'Oh, just keep shooting and move on.'

The first time was a bitch, as expected, but after dying a handful of times I never really had a problem. Of course it's not really the difficulty, it's the time consuming 'pseudo difficulty' involved, but I hope that might change a bit at higher levels. We shall see.

I'm pretty sure Vorph and I 2-manned that entire raid in great time, including the Devil Walker with zero problems.
The Devil walker was only time consuming when you didn't have competent people to play with. Or if you had newbies. I played with a group where the three of us attacked it from 3 different angles (side/back front and other side) all shooting the legs. After the first leg blew it didn't get another shot off until it 20% health since we kept blowing up the legs one after another only stopping to unload on its neck with our sniper rifles (insane damage). Warlock grenades and nova bomb on it's neck helped to.

The tips to beat it fast that we worked out were
1. Always aim for the back legs first. Those are the hardest to blow so might as well try to hit them and let collateral damage still hit other legs while they are still armored to help blow them later.
2. Use sniper rifle with less recoil. Reload the sniper rifle immediately upon the walker pulling it's neck back in so you can use it immediately the next time a leg blows.
3. When the walker starts turning for the guy in the back left corner that guy needs to stop shooting and run to the front left pillar and the walker will turn all the way back around to the guy on the far right. Rinse and repeat.
4. Machine gun the neck if you run out of sniper bullets. Reload it as soon as the walker pulls it's neck in.
5. The walker goes immune when his neck is out (except for his neck). If his neck is out why are you shooting anything else anyway.
6. Don't shoot unarmored legs unless it is somehow still alive after all leg armors have been blown off.

Rocket launcher had a small clip and horrendous reload time when a Sniper could do the same damage with a larger clip.