Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Column_sl

shitlord
I put the fan favorite Travelstar 1tb 7200 rpm in my ps3, that thing kicks up so much more heat on that system it is crazy. Which means the fans have to compensate for that.
This was both on a Slim , and Fat versions of the ps3.

I'll never listen to Neogaf again after that bullshit.

So I will go with SSD this round. Fuck 7200 rpms.

Also they say in the Neogaf thread the TLOU is an anomly, and there chart still stands for everything else on the PS4

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...716288&page=24

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Amazon just had Ghost and Limited editions available for oreorder. I wasn't able to snag a Ghost (it kept removing it from the cart) but I did get a limited edition.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I put the fan favorite Travelstar 1tb 7200 rpm in my ps3, that thing kicks up so much more heat on that system it is crazy. Which means the fans have to compensate for that.
This was both on a Slim , and Fat versions of the ps3.

I'll never listen to Neogaf again after that bullshit.

So I will go with SSD this round. Fuck 7200 rpms.

Also they say in the Neogaf thread the TLOU is an anomly, and there chart still stands for everything else on the PS4

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...716288&page=24
It's still a waste of money and the gains over SSHD are negligible. Plus, all SSHDs currently being manufactured are 5400rpm so there will be no heat difference between it and the stock HD.

Tom's Hardware did abenchmarkbetween SSD, SSHD, an old HD, and the stock HD and the SSD did nothing to warrant the extra money or the loss of space (unless you feel like spending $450-500 for a 1TB SSD).

The important chart:
rrr_img_73157.png

Column_sl

shitlord
I'm not saying you are wrong on that. I'm saying buying that Travelstar 7200 that everyone and their mom recommends on Neogaf is not a good idea, and I'm warning people against it.

Unless you need a portable heater in the winter, stay away from 7200 rpm.

spronk

FPS noob
already over a million pre-sales, surprised xbone is almost as much as ps4 thought it'd be much wider disparity
USA Pre-Order Chart - VGChartz

also best buy doing midnite release if you pre-ordered through them, giving away free tshirts with every sale

Column_sl

shitlord
Just for kicks ,and this is not Scientific at all. I tested some HD's on both the PS3, and PS4 this week.
Allot of this will be very gut based so don't freak out because I'm not showing graphs.

I pulled out a 512 gig 840 pro from one of my computers. This is currently the best SSD on the market.
Then a friend brought over the Seagate SSHD 1tb that is so popular on the forums.

We tested both of them on both the ps3, and ps4.

Heat wise = SSDs seem to generate nothing. Both consoles seem to run way cooler with the SSD's

UI snappines. With both PS4's hooked up, the SSD was faster.

We only tested games that were digital so it would be 100% from the disc.
We also only tested games that would access the HD frequently, versus the programmers loading in a level behind a splash screen that you couldn't bypass.

SSD was faster, but not much faster.

So it really comes down to do you want some extra storage but more heat? this is the same amount of heat you would get on a normal ps4 hd since there both 5400rpm.
Or less heat, but less storage, and more money. Also just abit faster.

So pretty close to the findings on the graphs the sweet spot is the 90 dollar 1tb SSHD from seagate until SSD prices plummit.
And at all costs avoid the travelstar 7200 rpm

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
Watched the Playstation stream from Gamescom. New MP trailer (maybe with previously undiscussed modes?) and that the Moon expansion will come in December.

spronk

FPS noob
you can buy em separately or pay $34.99 and get the season pass which will give you the first two xpacs, or the Limited Edition/Ghost edition already includes the season pass. pretty standard nowadays for FPS, bf4 and titanfall both have basically released DLCs (xpacs) every 3-4 months, although those two gave you more than 2 in a season pass. not really sure what Destiny's plan is, if the first one comes out 3 months after launch and the next one 3-5 months after that, what happens after that... season pass #2?

asocirev_sl

shitlord
I've got the standard on preorder through Amazon but they aren't showing the LE available. This is basically free anyways due to gift cards so picking up the season pass extra won't piss me off.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
I know most of you probably already have the game pre-ordered but I figured I would share. Went in to Gamestop at lunch to pre-order the digital guardian edition and they said they would still require me to come in at midnight/release day and pick up my receipt with the code. Even if you paid in full early. It wasn't mentioned until I asked after nearly checking out. The whole point for me was to avoid the unwashed masses and pre-load the game prior to release. I'll cry a bit over losing the red sparrow paint but I went ahead and just ordered it through the PlayStation store.

Fubarbox_sl

shitlord
At that point why not just pre-order straight from Sony... I have not stepped in a gamestop for a long time now and my world is much happier heh. Wow, I must be tired. I never noticed the went ahead and just ordered it from the playstation store bit at the end of your post...Which pretty much makes my post pointless, sorry
frown.png

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
im a gay boi for collectors editions...physical ones. I've been going digital recently tho, but some games I just need physical

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Cant you just buy digital guardian editions directly on sony store? Im guessing xb1 is still behind the curb on this tho.