Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I am torn. Destiny reminds me when AC1 was released, the outside looked great but once you dug past the glimmer and hope, it was meh. Meh= boring and repetitive.
Yeah, I only made it to Venus before giving up. Repetitiveness, bad controls (I swear sometimes it auto aims, then when I expect it to it doesn't), and just blandness.

Also, No-Respawn zone is translation for 'Die on the last mob of the 500 mob train, you get to redo it all because FUCK YOU that's why!' It just felt more like work and less like exploring neat planets. And I havent even made it to the 'daily grinds' lol

TrainWreck1.gif

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, the defend the ghost shit gets old really quick and there's a billion of them. So original. I still like the game but the PVE design isn't anything to write home about. If there's a Destiny 2 I doubt I will buy it.

Gryce

Molten Core Raider
It definitely has its flaws thats for sure. Although I am still having a fun time playing in spite of most of them. The most annoying thing to me at the moment is the idea of the XIM thing people are talking about. I'm not a pvp god by any means and my reflexes are not bionic speed. But just knowing that I am getting roflstomped occasionally because some has a legit hardware advantage over me is kinda disheartening.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I'm just trying to figure out what they spent 500mil on... looks like Pretty average amount of content from the streams I've been watching

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
In a game that has hundreds of thousands of players, the chances of you getting "roflstomped" by an XIM user is slim to none. It still is reliant on the person using it - it doesn't make you better due to the hardware, it makes it so that proficient mouse and keyboard users can be proficient on the console. I get my ass handed to me plenty in COD Ghosts.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I am already pretty fucking tired of doing strikes where I am the only person that doesn't get two items at the end. Ran 4 tonight and that happened every time. Is there some sort of logic behind randomly fucking someone over?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Playing with real life friends and tackling all the content on Hard makes the game quite challenging and super fun. The boss at the end of the Moon Strike was tough until we figured out the strategy and then farmed him several times to get full suits of blue.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Does anyone know how to get someone in a fucking strike when a dickweed leaves? We've had it happen several times and don't see an option to add more

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Its just part of the random matchmaking. Had it happen to us once when we queued up and ended up popping in at the last boss.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Does anyone know how to get someone in a fucking strike when a dickweed leaves? We've had it happen several times and don't see an option to add more
I think you have to go in game options-->roster and click the little social box on the left, change the option from friends only to everyone. This doesn't save, so you have to do it each time you log in.

Gryce

Molten Core Raider
In a game that has hundreds of thousands of players, the chances of you getting "roflstomped" by an XIM user is slim to none. It still is reliant on the person using it - it doesn't make you better due to the hardware, it makes it so that proficient mouse and keyboard users can be proficient on the console. I get my ass handed to me plenty in COD Ghosts.
This is true. I know its a tiny tiny tiny sliver of the population using it. It just kinda reminds me of going to play Street Fighter at that one friend's house that had the arcade pad joystick and he made you use the controller >< KBAM is pretty much always superior to controllers just due to the preciseness of aiming etc. It's not a big deal really just kinda caught my attention when someone mentioned it.

asocirev_sl

shitlord
I'm looking forward even more to the division... Destiny has some good elements, but hopefully they learn from Destiny's mistakes.
Fuck yeah on the division. I canceled my preorder on destiny about two weeks ago when an article went into a little more depth describing the end game raid lockout timers. Made me worried this game would also come with dailies etc... I just don't have time or the desire for that right now, I was hoping for something different I guess.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Some things I'd like to see added/changed WITHOUT being forced to buy an xpac to get it are listed below. This is aside from the massive stuff like, the world feels dead, the missions are repetitive, etc. I'm sure I'm missing a ton of stuff but here we go:

-audio options - why can't I adjust sound effects/voice/music independently?
-proximity voice chat or SOMETHING to let people communicate with those around them
-new emotes that are useful - replace the current ones with follow, raid?, strike?, group? or give us an LFG interface
-make grimore cards (and all the website only stuff) viewable from in-game
-add "named" rare spawns to the maps that actually drop good and/or unique loot. Give us a real reason to explore.
-let us use matchmaking for whatever strike/raid/mission we want
-if someone disconnects or drops your group mid-mission/strike, make it a priority for matchmaker to refill that slot.
-overhaul the 1-20 gear so good stuff drops a little more often
-add unique attacks to mission/strike boss mobs
-allow cutscenes to be skipped (immediately or after you've already seen them once)
-change the stat display for weapons. Show me concrete NUMBERS. I don't want to measure bars and weigh between an attack number and impact bar to determine my upgrades.
-when you change the social box for fireteam settings, make it save instead of going back to the default every time you log off.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Played PvP tonight and it was pretty awesome..

First, the opening scene introducing your team made you feeling like the freaking Avengers. That didn't get old all night.

Seriously... It takes awhile to adjust. There are guys that can just one shot you but you cannot go into this game like CoD and dogfight every situation. Map awareness and if you dealing with objectives, objective awareness are key. It was a totally different game when I realized I was out classed and ran around with the group or waited until my group got into a conflict on the objective and then played clean up. I don't know how many times I would glide in and kill 2-3 guys just on the tail end of a fight. It felt pretty epic too.

Vehicles were the great equalizer for me. If you can't hang with the big dogs, go get a vehicle. I went from being around the bottom 3 to the top 2-3 on any map with a vehicle. Also, don't be afraid to get out your own ride to get to where you want to go. Jump off, knock someone out and jump right back on. Being active really helps and just watching your mini-map and teammates makes a big difference. I don't want to say it's more strategy than dog fighting but smart play actually pays off. Much different than my buddies in CoD, Halo, and BF.

I really enjoyed it honestly. I really don't see what the nay-sayers are getting at unless you just ground yourself out of the game. if you think the game is too repetitive about trying something else? I was bouncing between several different play styles tonight and it was refreshing. I would work on the story, PvP, try to get some gear and levels, and then work on some bounties then take a break. I just kept mixing it up, going in and out with friends or hitting the crucible when people had stuff to do.

I agree with Talenvor though. If they can bring half of those changes to the game, that would be huge. Honestly, I would be fine with just the audio options.

Anyway, much better experience today. I was using the work stale yesterday but today was a blast. Also, I spoke to several people who said that you cannot even judge the game until 20 as it completely changes. Not sure what that meant but heard several friends say that throughout the day. With work and family, that may take awhile but as I advise people, even in MMO's, don't rush the game. I don't understand why people want to play 8 hours a day and then complain about the game. Not saying that's happening here but something i've seen. I think there is more to this game to enjoy than people are giving credit.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Thoroughly disappointed in this game. Was hoping for something closer to Half life or Bioshock, but a little more MMO'esque. Instead, it's just really bland and does nothing really new or exciting. Looks pretty though.