Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Senaiel

Silver Knight of the Realm
The weekly caps dont even matter, purples rain down on you if you play enough
I grinded all weekend and all I got were legendary engrams that would turn into blues or ascendant shards. So if you mean that if you grind faction long enough you can buy your purps, that might be more realistic. I still have yet to receive legendary or exotic from the FUBAR loot system.

Column_sl

shitlord
Just do shitloads of pvp. I've seen so many purple engrams, and purple gear rewarded it's nuts.

Its not even performace based, and you can grind crucible faction while you are at it.

I'm in full legendary right now, and My titan has helm/boots, and my hunter has chest/boots/helm. Mostly from doing pvp

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I have matchmaking issues with my connection so for some reason I am completely alone (tower, pvp, strikes, absolutely everything) unless I am apart of someone's Fireteam...in which case, everything works fine and I still have zero lag. I don't understand this but anyway if anyone on PS3 ever wants PVP or Strike leeeemmmmmmeee know, it sucks just soloing everything.

PSN; Verseia

Column_sl

shitlord
They Ninja patched something earlier today. Not sure what it was tho, all my farming spots for mats are still entact after the patch

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
There seems to be something wrong with the engram algorithm. Out of 15 blue engrams I've gotten green or notes of light from 10 of them, nice augment mats from 3 and only two have resulted in actual blue items...

And why the hell is PVP rewarding loot at a much greater rate than the Strikes?!

spronk

FPS noob
got last place in a control match, my team lost, i got a purple engram and it contained a legendary sniper rifle just now (first purple engram and orange item). umm thanks bungie for giving me stuff for being shitty. pvp definitely seems to be the way to go, just play a bit every day and you slowly go up in gear, and you can bank all the extra crap for your 2 alts.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just do shitloads of pvp. I've seen so many purple engrams, and purple gear rewarded it's nuts.

Its not even performace based, and you can grind crucible faction while you are at it.

I'm in full legendary right now, and My titan has helm/boots, and my hunter has chest/boots/helm. Mostly from doing pvp
Never going to set foot in pvp, so this is a big part of what bothers me about the endgame. Why does loot rain down in crucible, even to people who barely participate, but if I do a L24 strike I am extremely lucky to even get a decent rare? And if I do a L24 story mission I get no loot at the end at all.

I've played somewhere in the 80-100 hour range and I have nothing but L19-20 blues.

Not that i saw, i turned in 50 spinmetal for 20 rep and decided never to do that again.
Spiritbloom is 25 rep, 250 glimmer, 5 marks... I assume they're all the same. Still pointless though, because it does not allow you to go over the cap.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ya, I've opened at least 10 purple engrams now.... my best "drop" from those was the exact same lvl 20 (15 light) blue gloves that I already had equipped. Some mother fucker in my crucible match last night got the full auto exotic PS4 exclusive gun..... had 3 kills and like 10-15 deaths. The loot system in this game is fucking stupid and needs a complete overhaul. There needs to be more incentive to running harder strikes, story missions over lvl 20 need to reward completion bonuses etc.... The past weekend has really put me off the game and I haven't even had the desire to log in today - the thing about loot games is, you have to continue to reward players for putting in the time to keep them chasing the "next piece" - when you're slamming your dick into a wall to get the first piece and it never comes, you lose interest. Rapidly.

spronk

FPS noob
this is cool lets you see what your character would look like with their current armor but different shader (dye)
Shader Previewer | Destiny Database

also if you DC during a story mission ie farming the acolytes in that moon strike when you go back to that mission you get put back at your last checkpoint, makes farming ez

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The three things they are going to need to address eventually are the loot system, the voice chat system and heroic matchmaking (fuck yo Oxford comma).

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Just finished the heroic weekly - tough, but fun, and I definitely felt accomplished completing it. Also got a legendary engram that turned out to be a blue. FU RNG!

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm not the biggest fan of grinding but I can do it towards a purpose. But fuck RNG grinding. I like this game but I need more progression and less RNG. I feel like more games these days are shifting towards RNG based reward systems and that it isn't just Bungie.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
I was required to earn 500 points in crucible for the Thorn hand canon. 4 points per kill, 2 points you lost per death. Talk about fucking nerve wracking, but I did it. Jesus christ

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
And the next step is killing Xyor the Unwed in the summoning pits on epic difficulty during the Phogoth fight.

Welp....that sucks

Eatbeast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I agree that some of the loot design is retarded, like going 0-13 in crucible and getting an exotic wep. Really though there are only 4 slots for armor. You can only have 1 exotic on at a time. That means you need 3 epics and 1 exotic to have current "BiS" gear, at least as far as light level is concerned. If you do 65 marks per week with either vanguard or crucible you will have epic items in 2 slots in 2 weeks, and probably enough strange coins to buy a class specific exotic from the Friday vendor. Really if you just play the mode you like each slot will be epic by the end of the month, except for weapons. But getting light levels is more important than weapons because it lets you play the higher level modes and difficulties.

1 month to maxed out is pretty fast for a game like this. Other than the dumb rewards in crucible the loot design really seems ok to me. Having things to work towards makes me want to play, I wouldn't want to be maxed by the end of week 1.