Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Soo I've only played 4 pvp matches today, but it seems like loot is dropping much less often for the whole team. Was that included in the patch today, or am I just imagining it?

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
If you all got BiS a week into the game, whats to keep you playing? I guess since there is no sub fee it doesn't matter but it's in Bungie's best interest to keep the game populated.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
hFtVHUa.jpg

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I agree that some of the loot design is retarded, like going 0-13 in crucible and getting an exotic wep. Really though there are only 4 slots for armor. You can only have 1 exotic on at a time. That means you need 3 epics and 1 exotic to have current "BiS" gear, at least as far as light level is concerned. If you do 65 marks per week with either vanguard or crucible you will have epic items in 2 slots in 2 weeks, and probably enough strange coins to buy a class specific exotic from the Friday vendor. Really if you just play the mode you like each slot will be epic by the end of the month, except for weapons. But getting light levels is more important than weapons because it lets you play the higher level modes and difficulties.

1 month to maxed out is pretty fast for a game like this. Other than the dumb rewards in crucible the loot design really seems ok to me. Having things to work towards makes me want to play, I wouldn't want to be maxed by the end of week 1.
Well, half the problem there is the dumb idea they had to make you limited to 1+1 for exotics. If you could actually collect a full set then getting BiS would take a lot more effort. It makes even less sense when you consider that a primary weapon exotic is always going to be vastly more desirable than secondary or heavy. Armor at least makes you think about which slot is going to be the most useful.

Plus, you still get fucked with loot from marks if you don't PVP. Titan can only really use scout rifles (because Int) and still has to find boots elsewhere because the Vanguard boots have the wrong ammo bonuses. Warlock has a complete set of weapon bonuses on their gear for AR only, hand cannon has arms/chest but is missing the boots. Not sure about hunter, but at best it's going to be like warlock.

If you all got BiS a week into the game, whats to keep you playing? I guess since there is no sub fee it doesn't matter but it's in Bungie's best interest to keep the game populated.
Honestly, the problem isn't that I don't have BiS after a week. It's that other people--who've very likely played much less than I have--DO have full legendaries and several exotics and I've got fucking blues in every slot. Not even all L20 blues...

Fadaar

That guy
So for people who might be getting rank 3 Crucible/Vanguard next week -- what are you planning on buying? I'm seriously eyeballing the Crucible hand cannon Lord High Fixer. 11 round capacity, bonus abilities are radar active while ADS and increased effective range while ADS, along with the option (one of the three) to increase range, faster reload, or increased capacity. Increased capacity on a hand cannon that already holds 11? Mmmmm.... just need an armor piece with a hand cannon ammo bonus on it too.

GrizzlyCL

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I've done 4 strikes and one daily and I'm lvl 22. I havent gotten a purple engram but I have gotten 3 blue engrams 2 of which gave me purple items. Are the purple items from purple engrams better than the purple items from blue engrams? Does the lvl of the cryptarch really have any impact on what is decoded from engrams?

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It seems that above green engrams are actually lotto engrams. Basically chance for anything

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So I've done 4 strikes and one daily and I'm lvl 22. I havent gotten a purple engram but I have gotten 3 blue engrams 2 of which gave me purple items. Are the purple items from purple engrams better than the purple items from blue engrams? Does the lvl of the cryptarch really have any impact on what is decoded from engrams?
Lucky sob!

kooky_sl

shitlord
They're the same. Decoding engrams is like doing a mini lottery, you have a chance of getting different colored items. Before decoding engrams, you can highlight it and read its description of possible outcomes.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Well, half the problem there is the dumb idea they had to make you limited to 1+1 for exotics. If you could actually collect a full set then getting BiS would take a lot more effort. It makes even less sense when you consider that a primary weapon exotic is always going to be vastly more desirable than secondary or heavy. Armor at least makes you think about which slot is going to be the most useful.

Plus, you still get fucked with loot from marks if you don't PVP. Titan can only really use scout rifles (because Int) and still has to find boots elsewhere because the Vanguard boots have the wrong ammo bonuses. Warlock has a complete set of weapon bonuses on their gear for AR only, hand cannon has arms/chest but is missing the boots. Not sure about hunter, but at best it's going to be like warlock.

Honestly, the problem isn't that I don't have BiS after a week. It's that other people--who've very likely played much less than I have--DO have full legendaries and several exotics and I've got fucking blues in every slot. Not even all L20 blues...
Second part, exactly this. Another 2 purps, another shit 20 blue and a few ascendant shards.... Sigh.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
If engrams are a lotto, regardless of their color, then what's the point of engrams even being colored? Should have just made them all one color and then we wouldn't get all upset when a legendary engram gives lower tier crap. Either (another!) big oversight or it's a bug when decoding them. (I'll vote the first one since the list is getting longer by the day of obvious things they could have done differently to make the game so much more enjoyable).

And even with all my negativity about this or that in Destiny, I'm still enjoying the heck out of it....go figure.

kooky_sl

shitlord
If engrams are a lotto, regardless of their color, then what's the point of engrams even being colored? Should have just made them all one color and then we wouldn't get all upset when a legendary engram gives lower tier crap. Either (another!) big oversight or it's a bug when decoding them. (I'll vote the first one since the list is getting longer by the day of obvious things they could have done differently to make the game so much more enjoyable).

And even with all my negativity about this or that in Destiny, I'm still enjoying the heck out of it....go figure.
The higher the color means you have a chance of getting a better item, although small... , its still a chance. I've gotten so many blues and greens from purple engrams that I don't even get my hopes anymore

spronk

FPS noob
so if you enjoy the pvp is there any point in doing strikes? i hate those, just the pandemonium on the last boss usually has me running into a wall and getting meleed by a knight or some shit. I know I'll be missing out on rep from the 3 factions (if you wear a faction tabard will it work in PVP?) and vanguard marks, but I assume the PVP gear is functionally equivalent?

I also assume you can't buy gear on your main, like stuff that requires crucible rank 3 etc, and put it in your vault and have alts wear it (not enough rep)?

i actually do enjoy solo farming in instance, lets me try out new weps and fun techniques. i love popping a bubble on my titan and chilling in it, fist punching mobs that come inside. haven't gotten shit though engram wise in 3-4 hours of farming the strike that has ~10 or so yellow acolytes on the moon, you just kill em and suicide rinse and repeat.

kooky_sl

shitlord
Only point is the different marks you get which is 100 per week max. If you wear a faction item, ALL rep will go towards that faction, but marks will still be the specified marks. Gears seem about the same, just that different factions have different bonuses and int/str/disc stats, so just depends on what build you're looking to do.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So now I have an exotic rocket launcher and sniper rifle .... first world problems. I went with the sniper rifle since it is one of those regenerating ammo ones.