Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

kooky_sl

shitlord
Just finished the weekly nightfall strike. Apparently in the end everyone gets either a legendary or exotic item as a reward.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
vardisk - ps3 or ps4? For all the multiplayer stuff you need PS+ i think, don't you. dunno about xbox

this is a great farming spot its on earth in skyrim (past mothyards, go into the area where you fought the wizard from the moon) with 2-3 people mobs spawn instantly non stop and a public event spawns every 30 or 60 mins too right behind you

I'd be down for this tonight and tomorrow if anyone is interested on PS4. I have tomorrow off so I plan to binge play tonight and tomorrow.

Friend request me on PS4 'lostvirtue' with rerolled and Ingram farm as the message. I'll be home around 5PM EST today to begin the binge session

Column_sl

shitlord
I'm pretty sure this game is going to break one of my PS4 controllers.

I have one charging while I use the other one, but I can already tell the left bumper is getting a little worn down on controller 1.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Column I felt that way too. I ditched the one that came with my system back in november to gamestop ( got around 30 for it) and picked up a blue one

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The dude's at work were all talking about this game, even bros that don't play games (A 65 year old man, for instance). Whatever Destiny may have done wrong, the marketing is top-notch. Most were talking about going out and buying the PS4 bundle this weekend.. that's $450 for a video game. Sony must be sucking some serious Bungie dick right about it.

Edit: I should mention during the entire conversation not a single person brought up Xbox... not the 360 or the boner. They all even had PS3's but still just wanted to buy a PS4 for this.

It's nuts.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well, if you're buying a console just for the game, you'd have to be crazy to consider the one that's missing an entire strike until fall of 2015. Dust Palace is one of the better strikes in the game too.

They nailed the combat, and the loot system (while it needs changes) keeps things interesting.
I'm sure it would be interesting if I had any of it. Your first two bullet points are true, but they also highlight the worst part of the design.

That video spronk posted is all the evidence anyone should need to show what an utter failure the loot distribution system is. And by that I mean you can farm that spot for an entire day andstillnot get anything to show for it. Now compare that to every other source of loot in PVE...

Where are people getting such piles of strange coins from?
Engrams, alts (do the weekly heroic x3), and public events. Probably PVP too(?) but fuck that.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Im assuming you work with people over the age of 17. Isnt that Microsofts target audience with their console? Them kids sure do love their calling of duties

Needless

Toe Sucker
what class has the light bluish looking grenade? that shit wrecks in control lol
I'm 2 levels from the hunters subclass, i want stealth and daggers stat!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Im assuming you work with people over the age of 17. Isnt that Microsofts target audience with their console? Them kids sure do love their calling of duties
I work with people 30 or older with BS/MS/PhD engineering degrees, so probably not MS target audience.

I'm having an incredibly hard time being motivated to log in at this point. I decided to "main" hunter, spent all day yesterday farming the Dark Beyond for engrams. I don't even know how many blue engrams I got, but I walked away with ~17 legendary engrams. Not only did I not get a legendary, but the blues I received were all in the 16-18 range with 5 or less light on them. I cannot break L21 on the huntard.

Seriously, what the fuck.

spronk

FPS noob
chopsticks!!

the farm spot i posted above definitely seems the best way to get loot, obviously very RNG based. i spent 3 hours last night there, filled every slot with blue engrams (a few purps), got like 3 levels of cryptarch level. nothing good loot wise, but a lot of coins and motes of light. also got one of the tabards that lets you faction represent one of the other 3 factions, weirdly enough. only costs like 2500 glimmer so not worth much but meh. way faster than the 2 strikes way, although you don't get any of the +glimmer drops but no pauses for reloads/deaths

don't burn your motes of light on pretty tabard, i almost did but then read the weekend vendor has a chance of selling a yellow engram for 23 motes. its guaranteed yellow item, but not necessarily for your class (good to have alts then i guess)

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
If its pulsing its the Titan OPnade.
I wish I could see my K
biggrin.png
ratio with grenades. I'm pretty sure my Arc grenade is far more deadly then my pulse grenade. The Arc grenade sends out 3-4 arcs of lightning straight up and the hit radius is fairly small but people tend to not realize it is still firing and give me plenty of post mortem kills. Playing as Titan is so much fun. I have bubble +damage/defense for PvE and Juggernaught + Hulk smash for PvP. And the bubble + Shotgun is just as effective for PvP control.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The game has a problem given that doing strikes is simply not worth it if you are trying to upgrade anything. If you aren't off chasing engrams at one of the established farm spots and doing trivial public events for marks then you are simply failing at the game.

I'd rather do the strikes for upgrades, but right now there is no point to do them unless you have some Exotic bounty that requires it.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
The game has a problem given that doing strikes is simply not worth it if you are trying to upgrade anything. If you aren't off chasing engrams at one of the established farm spots and doing trivial public events for marks then you are simply failing at the game.

I'd rather do the strikes for upgrades, but right now there is no point to do them unless you have some Exotic bounty that requires it.
How the fuck is this kind of thing still happening in big games