Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Xevy

Log Wizard
So much of this stuff sounds like Bungie's purposefully planning ahead to slow progress so people don't completely maxxxx out gear in 2 weeks. I am fine with that. Almost exactly one month in and magically people can get max? They sneaky snakes.

Think for a persistent world MMO on console's with poor communication they definitely need to keep people around for at least 1-2 days a week minimum. Otherwise the 2 week burnout would've been real, real bad. Bungie = smart and nerds = mad. I approve.

Erie_sl

shitlord
Holy shit, been through like 20 control matches now and still don't have the kill 25 titans bounty done yet despite getting about 20 kills a game.. do they exist? Besides me..

Hinadurus_sl

shitlord
Took me about an hour and a half doing clash. Was also working on my 10k bad juju. It looks pretty awesome but I'm a sucker for glowy shit. And did my 5 post mortem as well.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Gearing up sucks. I ran about 5 or 6 Strikes tonight and I managed to complete only 1 of those. There are some seriously retarded people who play this game...

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Cryptarch changes dont address why my level 21 cryptfag is only offering white items!

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So is glimmer pretty much useless? I mean I guess to buy ammo, but anything else worthwhile?

spronk

FPS noob
ammo and upgrading your gear, some of the queen gear and probably future events, also a few exotic bounties require you to spend a lot of it (like 15k on ammo or dismantle 10 blue fusion rifles). i recommend storing all the stuff like banners that give glimmer, that way when you suddenly need a big amount you can quickly blow your load at the cryptarch.

I think each of the items stacks up to 200 or 400 in your vault, I have like 150 banners which would turn into 30k glimmer as needed

i'm impressed with how fast bungie is responding, we've all been in MMOs where devs let problems languish for weeks and weeks (TESO, Wildstar come to mind recently) but bungie seems pretty proactive at a quick hotfix and a fairly rapid longer term fix. Lack of content is definitely a big issue, but in my mind if I get 100 hours out of a game I am 100% happy, and Destiny has done that so anything more is just bonus now. BF4 and Titanfall also passed those marks for me.

frankly timing wise its pretty good, coming soon is Shadows of Mordor, Bayonetta 2, AC5, GTA5, Far Cry 4, etc. By the time they are done Destiny DLC #1 should be ready to go.

Erie_sl

shitlord
Helps get the last 10% towards next cryptarch lvl. Starting to regret buying the Gold headset now, used it twice so far, and both of which were through Sony's party. Don't understand how a modern day MP game on consoles no less don't support voice chat. This expects to last when CoD is coming up with voice chat and better MP due to the fact that you don't need luck to get a good weapon for PVP (which you know is coming once they release the gear dependent PVP crucible.)

edit: and they said they've been working on this since alpha... are you kidding me?

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
So... Had an idea... Save all the engrams you can, wait for next weeks patch when they fix Legendary engrams. Decrypt your saved engrams (since the old engrams wont be of benefit) to level up your Cryptard in which you will receive Cryptard packages that usually have legendary engrams.

Profit?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Legendary engrams getting downgraded to rare when patch goes live, other than that ya. Just decrypt legendaries before hanf

Dizzam_sl

shitlord
Isn't the weekend merchant that sells legendary stuff (Xev or something?) supposed to be up from now through Sunday morning? I just went to the tower to check on him and see what I can't afford yet (just turned 20 yesterday), but he isn't where I thought he'd be (kind of by the Speaker's room).
He changes location. Now he is in the break room off the hangar.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Cryptard packages that usually have legendary engrams.
"Usually" ... that's a good one!

My last 4 ranks got me 9 blues and a purple.
frown.png

--------------

Also, WTF is with Queen's Wrath rep? It's not 1000/1500/2000 like people were saying. It's actually 1000/3000/5000. That's not even possible if you did every bounty every day (which is in itself impossible due to the ones that cannot be completed coming up repeatedly). They're seriously going to make people wait until the next time the event comes around to hit rank 3?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
"Usually" ... that's a good one!

My last 4 ranks got me 9 blues and a purple.
frown.png

--------------

Also, WTF is with Queen's Wrath rep? It's not 1000/1500/2000 like people were saying. It's actually 1000/3000/5000. That's not even possible if you did every bounty every day (which is in itself impossible due to the ones that cannot be completed coming up repeatedly). They're seriously going to make people wait until the next time the event comes around to hit rank 3?
Yeah that sucks about Queen's Wrath but people are acting like this was something they planned AFTER launch. This is a long term schedule the only reason they haven't released a calendar with every day outlined for the next 6 months is so the community doesn't freak out when they switch up events for one reason or another.

The bounties in for salvage and Queen are pulled from the random pool and just happen to not align with the stars. It is a stupid design but it's what they came up with. Beyond stupid they can't make pools of bounties with qualifiers. No salvage = no salvage bounty.

spronk

FPS noob
anyone know if the postmaster will stack engram level rewards? ie hit level 15 keep engram package in your post box, will level 16 package also show up in box or will it erase the level 15 one? if the patch hits next week could just keep all your level engram packets in your mailbox and open them up after the patch for better shots at purple stuff

Vorph

I had two in the mail today. I would be mad that I did a whole shitload of engram decrypting and then opened the mails right before Bungie made the announcement about cryptarch changes, but the asshole sent me 5 blues anyway.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
anyone know if the postmaster will stack engram level rewards? ie hit level 15 keep engram package in your post box, will level 16 package also show up in box or will it erase the level 15 one? if the patch hits next week could just keep all your level engram packets in your mailbox and open them up after the patch for better shots at purple stuff
Im going to try this out actually.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Depends on when the code generates the stuff mailed to you. Since all the old engrams are changing to be blue they will have just modified that item ID and create a new purple engram item. If the item ID is created by the process of opening the email you might be okay.

Vorph

Yeah, I'm keeping my rares in the bank until the patch and I'll decrypt them then. I would expect that people who open several pre-patch mails on patch day will just get a big pile of blues.

Edit: And if you're short on vault space, remember that you can open the blues until you hit 2850/3000 on your current rank.

My biggest concern with this change is that while it will be nice to never have to worry about getting a green from a purple again, they didn't quite spell out all the changes. If there's only something like a 1 in 4 chance of getting a legendary from an engram right now, will engram drops be reduced by 75% in the field? Engrams will still give coins, motes, and materials instead of gear too; will the drop rates of those items be increased to make gear drops remain annoyingly rare? (Granted, if you're getting your stuff from the raid, you probably see all the legendary drops from engrams as shards or energy anyway.) I just hope that they implement this fix in a way that doesn't end up making loot cave bullshit even MORE attractive compared to playing the game as it was intended.