Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
FFS, the 28 heroic is about an order of magnitude harder than the nightfall was.

Edit: And in case anyone is wondering, you do get all 3 engrams at the end of the L28 strike, same as you get the 9 coins and 400 rep.

Hinadurus_sl

shitlord
Does VoG have lockout timers ala wow raids? Or if I killed one boss am I unable to join in to kill another? Can I join a fresh run if I already did another part?

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
You get locked out on a per boss basis. You can get loot once from every source per week.

spronk

FPS noob
FFS, the 28 heroic is about an order of magnitude harder than the nightfall was.

Edit: And in case anyone is wondering, you do get all 3 engrams at the end of the L28 strike, same as you get the 9 coins and 400 rep.
really, why? I've only done the 28 heroic solo and thought it was easier than nightfall, mostly due to not getting 1 shot by trash mobs though. What really sucks is if you did the weekly strikes already this week (I did 28 yesterday) you are fucked for engrams I think, since you only get those items once a week. Pretty lame to put out a patch that changes loot drops a day after resets happen, and not clear resets. Oh well I don't really care anymore Destiny is pretty much done for me until the next xpac or whatever.

also, THAT ANGRY BIRD CAME FROM THE MOON
The All-Star Comedy Voice Cast of 'Angry Birds' Is Revealed By One Billion Sling Shots: Jason Sudeikis, Josh Gad, Danny McBride, Bill Hader, Maya Rudolph, and Peter Dinklage - Rovio Entertainment Ltd

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Lexicon929 on psn, looking to do the raid tonight. 7:09pm here on the east coast and it would be my first time in the zone. Level 28 warlock with a maxed out scout rifle and tons of other weapon goodies. If no one here replies in an hour or so I will just head to the lfg forum on Reddit. Really want to take a stab at it tonight!

Vorph

really, why? I've only done the 28 heroic solo and thought it was easier than nightfall
Tank took about a minute to kill on nightfall, thanks to arc sniper. Boss took about 30 seconds to get him to move with arc rockets, a couple minutes to clear enough shit to head out of the safe corner and snipe him 2-3 times to get him back. Instead of being at 50% and standing on his spot for a while again, he'd already be around 30% and immediately move to the lol-broken-AI spot right in your face. Then a few more sniper rounds and he was dead.

On heroic without arcburn everything took far longer to kill, I ran out of ammo repeatedly, and died 4 times to the boss because I couldn't damage him fast enough to get him to move back before getting swarmed by add respawns.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i use my ice breaker for everything instead of swapping weapons so for me heroic is easier, i guess i should really get used to swapping. i'm so glad they assigned emotes to the d-pad instead of weapon assignments

i wasn't even using the right hide spot for the last boss in this weeks strike, there is a different spot you can pretty much hid behind too that is right in front of this one but this one is way, way better. didn't realize you could skip the first room and room-before-boss either, doh
Destiny Guide - Cerberus Vae III SOLO (Nightfall / Heroic) - YouTube

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Nice. I did a level 24 Strike and it gave me credit for the Bad Juju bounty to "complete the weekly strike or nightfall." I was actually wondering how I was going to pull that one off since I don't have a group to run things with. So now I'm grinding 25 strikes which isn't too bad. I need the marks anyway.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
If Activision needs money that badly they have to concoct these shit story hack and slash jobs, doling it out like cold cuts for a price, fire your money making budget and hire me. You want money? Re-record all of Peter Dinklage's lines in the story, with Peter in character as Tyrion Lannister. Unedited, pure fucking gold. $30. $29.99. However you want to sling it, I'll buy five right now make it happen, shut up and take my money!

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I didn't so much as touch my mailbox for the past few days and when I logged in after the patch my faction-level-boost reward emails had purple items in them (actual items as well as engrams). Also got a very cool looking shader with a very... odd name.

rrr_img_77299.jpg

Vorph

Rep rank 3+ reward mails have always contained legendaries, motes, ascendant mats, coins, and shaders. Nothing should have changed with those today at all.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well some people had said that they were holding onto engrams in the mail to hopefully get guaranteed legendary from purple engrams and that they had turned blue. I did not have this experience with my held-over engrams.

Vorph

Right, but were any of them actually from the cryptard?

If so, I guess it's just that purples from him are so obscenely rare now that it's normal that everyone else I've seen report the results from their stockpiled mails got only rares, just like how 11 of my 12 engrams from new mails were rares.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I had three pieces of mail in the box. Two from the Cryptard and one from Vanguard, each of them had a purple item or engram.

Changing Ascendant items to purple was just for the sake of appearance I hope. If they made them genuinely rare from blue engrams I will be quite sad

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I had three pieces of mail in the box. Two from the Cryptard and one from Vanguard, each of them had a purple item or engram.

Changing Ascendant items to purple was just for the sake of appearance I hope. If they made them genuinely rare from blue engrams I will be quite sad
No, they just changed the color so it makes more sense since you only use them for leg gear anyways.

Also, I'm down to raid!

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Just got my New Monarchy faction to rank 4 and my reward was a legendary cape that applies rep gains to new monarchy.

I did get an exotic sniper from the raid, so I can't bitch too much. But still, fuck new monarchy.