Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm
I think so Kreugan. I thought the Xur speeder add-on was mainly a flavor type thing, making blue or purple flames shoot out of the back of your speeder. It might make it match the speed of the Atheon speeder but I doubt it would make it faster. The speed boost on the Atheon speeder is definitely fast, and fyi if you hold it down too long your speeder will blow up lol. It also has high durability (120) vs other speeders, which is nice when you want to skip content and youre getting hit by mobs.
I have timebreaker and the 175vanguard mark speeder w/ the xur upgrade. Timebreaker is definitely faster and more durable, but i think the vanguard one is more stable f o r material farming...i spend less time upside down. I aldo like the R2 brake/quick turn
Without using the extra boost on Timebreaker, a Xur modded sparrow is faster. Though with the booster properly used so your sparrow doesn't blow up, Timebreaker is faster.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Man this weeks nightfall was a bitch. Ran it as myself a 29 and two 27s which didn't help any. Also didn't have any void primaries, but we dealt with it. One moron was constantly shooting the screecher in that one room which spawns every 10 seconds, the fucker almost got us killed numerous times. One time we ran out of the second room because the fucker, yet again killed the screecher, and the fucking boss reset after we had him down to less than 1/2. But we managed after like 1 hour to kill his ass. Got the A.1F19X-ryl scout which is like the same damn thing as the IB scout rifle, but whatevs, at least we did it. Other dudes scored some purp shotgun, which would of been nice to have for PvP, and the other scored the giant thingamajig rocket launcher.

Also ran the first two parts of the normal raid for the first time, got nothing but a bunch of shards, which was OK because it got my ass to 29 finally. Now I got a save on the gatekeeper if anyone is interested.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Man this weeks nightfall was a bitch. Ran it as myself a 29 and two 27s which didn't help any. Also didn't have any void primaries, but we dealt with it. One moron was constantly shooting the screecher in that one room which spawns every 10 seconds, the fucker almost got us killed numerous times. One time we ran out of the second room because the fucker, yet again killed the screecher, and the fucking boss reset after we had him down to less than 1/2. But we managed after like 1 hour to kill his ass. Got the A.1F19X-ryl scout which is like the same damn thing as the IB scout rifle, but whatevs, at least we did it. Other dudes scored some purp shotgun, which would of been nice to have for PvP, and the other scored the giant thingamajig rocket launcher.

Also ran the first two parts of the normal raid for the first time, got nothing but a bunch of shards, which was OK because it got my ass to 29 finally. Now I got a save on the gatekeeper if anyone is interested.
It's easier and quicker to just clear the room and stand behind the rock of glory to kill phogoth.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I saw that video, but didn't want to risk it. Im also unsure that all 3 of us would fit there, lol.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah I saw that video, but didn't want to risk it. Im also unsure that all 3 of us would fit there, lol.
I've done it with 3 people multiple times. The only risk is clearing the room to begin with, but the odds of all 3 of you getting dropped at the same time is pretty low. Either way works, I just think the rock is better

Xevy

Log Wizard
We usually have 3 people: one sits back pre-shrieker room and scout rifle/snipes phogoth. Retard #1 (hunter with invis) goes in and fusion rifles phogot or rockets or whatever and then runs back. This pulls Phogoth to LoS of the door. Retard #2(me) basically just switches from the doorway in shrieker room and fusions phogoth 1-2 times and grenades adds and then runs back when shrieker spawns. Chances of retard 1 dying are high if he gets stupid, chances of 2 dying are slimmer, and chances of 3 dying are nothing except on rez runs.

I got "The Calling" scout rifle from it. I now have an Aries Nemesis, IB scout Rifle, The Calling, A.1F, and another purple scout rifle. Kind of sucks that a near-perfectly rolled IB rifle negates the use of the others ever again, though the exploding rounds aren't bad on my A.1F.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I just have all 3 people kill the room, and then shoot phogoth until he's dead from behind the rock. Kill the 3 guys that drop from the drop ship and run up the stairs, other than that no adds and you can shoot him constantly, often with his crit spot in sight.

And ya, the A.1F is a beast for it being vendor buyable.

spronk

FPS noob
if you are running with 2-3 people there is also a trick to play it safe: as long as one person is alive (and if you are in the pre shrieker room you are safe) if someone dies they can promote the alive person to fireteam leader, leave the fireteam to orbit, and rejoin the leader. they'll get put in the pre shrieker room, don't need to worry about someone running in to rez and getting insta gibbed. not that necessary for this week but for next weeks (nexus) it can be invaluable if you are running with undergeared people etc.

pretty obvious to the vets but more a tip for the newbies. works in all strikes, but not in raids (when you join a raid you spawn dead)

Xevy

Log Wizard
So my brother got the game 2-3 days ago and he plays a Hunter (we PVP 90% of the time). This clip happened when I explained to him that Golden Gun can take out Titan bubbles. I wish it caught us over headset.

"You know Golden Gun can take down those bubbles in 2 shots."
"Oh shit. Really? Here we go."
"Yeah, do that *pulls out Gjalarhorn*."

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gamec...d-7c1d0ec14469

I love it when a plan comes together. Bummed I didn't get that third guy though.

if you are running with 2-3 people there is also a trick to play it safe: as long as one person is alive (and if you are in the pre shrieker room you are safe) if someone dies they can promote the alive person to fireteam leader, leave the fireteam to orbit, and rejoin the leader. they'll get put in the pre shrieker room, don't need to worry about someone running in to rez and getting insta gibbed. not that necessary for this week but for next weeks (nexus) it can be invaluable if you are running with undergeared people etc.

pretty obvious to the vets but more a tip for the newbies. works in all strikes, but not in raids (when you join a raid you spawn dead)
This weeks nightfall was absurdly easy. We did it in less than 11 minutes each time.

Again, corrective measures chews though all the witches and knights, for phogoth just have all three run out and shoot phogoth at the doorway, when shrieker spawns retreat to room, when he despawns go out and shoot again. Took 3 shreikers to down him. 3 people using heavy void/grenades makes phogoth die so unbelievably fast its not even funny. We actually finished this one faster than the nexus and archon priest due to the three waves being faster on this mission.

First week no exotics though..

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Capped on Vanguard marks and don't know what I should spend them on, but need to buy something so my new marks aren't falling into a black hole. Advice?

I have all the vanguard legendary armor and for weapons I have Shadow Price (auto), Crusader 1 (scout), epitath (arc sniper), Unfriendly Giant (solar launcher), pocket infinity (exotic solar fusion), and Suros Regime (exotic auto). I'm Vanguard rank 7, but I don't think that matters for anything since the highest tier of purchasable items is 3.

Any Vanguard weapons that are no brainers to still buy (maybe the void machine gun for nightfall burns?), or should I burn the marks on a new sparrow?

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Devil You Know is a pretty rediculous HC if you like that playstyle. Extremely balanced and a huge clip. It's that or buy cheap Vanguard armor to disenchant for shards.

Chillz

Bronze Knight of the Realm
As Titan with bubble-while-running perk, the Pogoth part can also be done very easily with kiting. I run from one end of the room to the other, along the wall in a huge circle always emptying a clip on each end, rinse repeat. The Boss and random mobs kinda reset and stop shooting once you get far enough away from them. Leaves you time to regen and line up your shots. The mobs that are in the way and decide to be annoying are killed while i run by.

The room before with the 3 wizards is all about bursting them down with solar rocket launcher and backing the fuck off the stairs where you came from if needed.

This is by far my most favorite strike to solo because it doesn't require much cheese and feels kinda rewarding to do.

Yeah well and i like the Hive missions, reminds me of playing Doom.
tongue.png

Xevy

Log Wizard
Did first normal raid as my 29 Titan. Group cheesed the templar, unfortunately. Then couldn't get it together for Atheon because 4/6 of us were learning and 1/2 that had done it was lvl 25. Got Praedyth's Revenge. Twice. Hopefully can finish it off before Tuesday. I may ask upon the power of my RR Xboner brethren to fill out 2-3 spots.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Xur is near the crucible armor vendor.
Plan c fusion rifle(fucking awesome)
Glove engram
Alpha lupi hunter chest
Armor whatever titan chest
Voidfang vest warlock chest

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not sure if I'll ever level them up but I went ahead and got 2 extra copies of Plan C for alts. Still have over 65 strange coins.

Erie_sl

shitlord
Hrmm, so I'm not sure why, but vog normal mode at 26 seems harder than hard mode at 30. Don't understand why since the mobs are only lvl 25 in normal, and I think they're lvl 30 in hard...

vynde_sl

shitlord
Capped on Vanguard marks and don't know what I should spend them on, but need to buy something so my new marks aren't falling into a black hole. Advice?

I have all the vanguard legendary armor and for weapons I have Shadow Price (auto), Crusader 1 (scout), epitath (arc sniper), Unfriendly Giant (solar launcher), pocket infinity (exotic solar fusion), and Suros Regime (exotic auto). I'm Vanguard rank 7, but I don't think that matters for anything since the highest tier of purchasable items is 3.

Any Vanguard weapons that are no brainers to still buy (maybe the void machine gun for nightfall burns?), or should I burn the marks on a new sparrow?
Burn the marks on a sparrow.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Hrmm, so I'm not sure why, but vog normal mode at 26 seems harder than hard mode at 30. Don't understand why since the mobs are only lvl 25 in normal, and I think they're lvl 30 in hard...
I think the first few encounters are level 26, but gatekeeprr and Atheon mobs are definitely 28 on normal.

On hard everything is 30