Detroit: Become Human

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
launches tonight

DF analysis

- pro resolution:
4k checkerboard

- amateur resolution:
1080p

- both use temporal aa
- both target 30fps

Be interesting to see what people think is the best visual PS4 Pro game, this or God of War

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
As always, the only review[er] that matters:

That said, I also find it amusing that every single site in the '65 or lower' category on Opencritic is blocked by my 'SJW or otherwise retarded' list, as are all but one of the 74-66 group. I've never seen a gap this large between official score and no-retards score on a game with 60+ reviews:
DBHOC.png

Edit: Another ACG video about the game if you're still skeptical:

Last edited:

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Saw some gameplay on twitch (think it was Loserfruit?), and the gameplay looked solid.

Made me wanna go out and buy a PS4.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Saw some gameplay on twitch (think it was Loserfruit?), and the gameplay looked solid.

Made me wanna go out and buy a PS4.

You should be buying a PS4 for a myriad of other reasons my friend!

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
As always, the only review[er] that matters:

That said, I also find it amusing that every single site in the '65 or lower' category on Opencritic is blocked by my 'SJW or otherwise retarded' list, as are all but one of the 74-66 group. I've never seen a gap this large between official score and no-retards score on a game with 60+ reviews:

Edit: Another ACG video about the game if you're still skeptical:
Also does pretty legit reviews:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I’m about 3 hours in and really enjoying it so far.

The graphics are amazing, voice acting is pretty solid and writing is pretty good.

You’re presented with some interesting decisions that sometimes don’t lead to where you though they would which is cool.

They’re laying it on a bit thick with the androids stealing our job, ruining our lifes, they’re people too etc but beside that I don’t have much negative to say.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Graphics, voice acting, gameplay all fantastic, just wish it had a good story, instead of being a platform to push a garbage leftist SJW plot thinly disguised in a sc-fi setting.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Watched Lirik play most of his full playthrough yesterday and today. Neat story, great graphics. He got some funny choices on his flowchart at the end showing 0% world statistic, lol.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I finished it tonight. I had no intention of doing so, but I found I just could not put it down. I'm curious to see how much of the story is a genuine choice and how much is phantom choice but locked into the same basic rail. It certainly felt like it could have been much much different.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Graphics, voice acting, gameplay all fantastic, just wish it had a good story, instead of being a platform to push a garbage leftist SJW plot thinly disguised in a sc-fi setting.
Maybe I'm just really good at playing games or watching movies and taking them at face value and ignoring bullshit real world allegory/symbolism that I couldn't give a single fuck about, but I'm not seeing it. Sure, there's some ham-fisted stuff but all of Cage's games are like that. I think he at least hired an editor or finally allowed the one he already had to start making decisions, but there's still the awkwardness at times that feels like it's something that started out French and was converted both in language and setting. It's much less like that than any of QD's previous games, however. As for its politics, I would say it's far more classical liberal than leftist. So much so that SJWs are reviewing the game poorly and running their usual post-review hitpieces because obviously anything not jammed all the way into the authoritarian-left corner of the political spectrum is literally Hitler.

Maybe all that varies by how you play it, and maybe (probably) the game doesn't actually let you go full "crush the android uprising" no matter what you do; I've been making decisions and sticking with them aside from one or two QTE sequences that I just royally fucked up on so I'm still at the point that the stuff which is just illusion of choice is still able to fool me. That said, Beyond: Two Souls was never able to do that at all, so no matter what I find out later on Detroit is still a huge improvement there.

The game looks pretty damn amazing in 4K HDR too even when I've only been sitting 3-4' away from the TV.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Markus's story is very clearly a Civil rights/MLK vs Malcom X-esque allegory, but it is still interesting because you are making the choices, they actually matter and these aren't humans asking and fighting to be equal; you are playing an Android, who are a "race" that are clearly superior to their owners, so (I think) it makes the struggle and choices interesting. His story was most interesting to me because

I started off violent and kind of regretted it, thinking it would just lead to humans wiping us out, but North is sexy and fuck humans and we need to get our message out and be free. Then later on I didn't kill the cops in Capitol plaza because blood leads to more blood (then markus actually says the eye for an eye line, cliche, but exactly what was going through my head). But in the end, the good I did protesting peacefully only got the public back to indifferent, so the military killed us anyway.

I love the flowchart system, I will probably go back and play through the final acts again to see what happens if I made a few different final choices, then in a few months do another full playthrough (and then probably one more). I think the game, if you like it and its style, has at least 3 good playthroughs in it, once going with your gut, and once each just playing to each story's extreme

Being able to view the percentages of people who saw what or took the path that you did is really cool too. In my spoiler above, the path I took involved scenes that only like 3% of people hit, which makes your run feel special.

I really loved the experience the game gave me and look forward to playing through it again at some point to see how things could have played out.

sole

Molten Core Raider
Pretty safe bet to pick this up if I enjoyed Until Dawn? I enjoyed the cinematic / choice-based delivery.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I just finished this, and it was just fucking good. I probably have the worse possible ending possible, totally depressing and awful. I missed on some quick time event and made some questionable decisions.

Vorph Vorph You're wrong, the game does let you full crush the android revolution.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Really enjoyed it. Got 2/3 best endings, I think. Fucked Kara’s up at some point along the way.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Wrapped it up all in one huge play through yesterday. Awesome game. I had 2/3 best endings I believe as well. Kara’s wasn’t the best I’ll try going back to that one and see if I can try that last mission again with her.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I just finished this, and it was just fucking good. I probably have the worse possible ending possible, totally depressing and awful. I missed on some quick time event and made some questionable decisions.

Vorph Vorph You're wrong, the game does let you full crush the android revolution.

Yeah... it gets dark...

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Playing through again and Dark Conner is a beast. Also,either I'm getting better at them or certain choices result in much easier / fewer QT events I think. The dark side is definitely more seductive.

I think there are a few plot holes that crop up depending on your choices. There were were a couple of things that seemed like I missed something the first time through and sure enough it is explicitly explained in a different story path.

I also like the subtext of the story with the upcoming war and how the Android revilution seems to have prevented that. Both in terms of how ready the greater powers were for open conflict when it was only Android soldiers at risk as well as the social upheaval associated with their uprising. Curious as to why the Russian androids happen to revolt at the same time. Was this just because they were really based on stolen Kamski stuff or was there a bigger issue involved.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
Finished the game today in "good" mode, have about 14 trophies left so gonna try to platinum. a very average 6/10, the world building and visuals / future-tech is pretty cool but the writing is pretty meh, the characters are uneven, the story is good in parts and bad in others, and its like 80% walking sim kinda game. A nice break from heavy combat games but I just never really felt that immersed in the setting or characters. Some of the "epic scenes" got a little laughable in how trite and goofy they were, especially whenever "android rights" was the subject. While the outside settings and stuff were decent, some of the face animations were very uncanny valley and I didn't feel as immersed in the world as the Deus Ex games, which capture that 20-year-future look WAY better. I really look forward to Cyberpunk 2077 and hope it can pull off the immersion better.

Its worth a check out if you are a fan of Westworld, its kinda hard to decide which has dumber stories. Also a bit disappointing the sex/perv stuff was downplayed heavily in the game, there should have been a lot more fucking and hentai shit.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Just finished my blind playthrough. I enjoyed myself quite a bit. But I also enjoyed Until Dwan. I think the games gave me many hours of enjoyment and appreciation for the effort put into them. And I feel it's a much more likely representation of 2038 than other games. Mostly because in those other games, the world is usually way too different. But this hits how I would see it pretty accurately. Mostly the same, but lots of QOL improvements without being major, such as the crosswalks, the tablets, magazines etc.

Plus this game if you have someone else you know play it also, or watch you play is great for discussion i feel. From talking about the android bird/discussion about the positives/negatives of an android pet (the birds in the cage) to the topics covered in the magazines, like birthrate due to android partners or obvious job loss if they could do all of those tasks.

I was actually impressed that they made it so performance on a QTE's also affect the outcome of the game. I missed one or two actions in a fight, got shot non-fatally and ended up with that wound for the rest of the game. But also that led to a system failure and one of the companion characters got shot in the face for it because I couldn't intervene due to the injury.

I think QTE's don't belong in more action based games at all. Especially where it just creates a game over screen for you. But in a game like this, I think if done right and doesn't end the game but simply changes it, is a very good use of them.

Starting it up again today to work on my platinum as well.