Dexter: New Blood

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ya how many times have we heard this kinda thing before though. Cant say "Oh ya hes alive." it would ruin any future season they might do. Gotta keep the audience guessing. Not saying thats what they are doing, just saying I could see it happening.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Both the Harrison actor and character were total cringe. As the credits rolled during the finale tonight, I turned to my wife and said “it wasn’t worth bringing Dexter back for that”

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Poor casting on the Harrison kid.

I'm not saying you need a Hayden Christiansen with the dark eyes and face, but come on. You don't cast the exact opposite either... Not even a tenth of the charisma and charm of Michael C. Hall as Dexter.

Nobody wants to see that kid in his own series.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Raes

Vyemm Raider
The only reason this miniseries was made is because some fuckwit has been screaming themselves to sleep every night for years because Dexter got away with it. So much contrived, lazy writing just so Dex would get what he "deserved." Fucking fanfic. That doesn't even sound right. What's the opposite of a fan?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The only reason this miniseries was made is because some fuckwit has been screaming themselves to sleep every night for years because Dexter got away with it. So much contrived, lazy writing just so Dex would get what he "deserved." Fucking fanfic. That doesn't even sound right. What's the opposite of a fan?

Adding onto this.. Michael C. Hall was said to have got up and hugged the showrunner Clyde Phillips, after the initial meeting was over and was informed they were going to kill Dexter. He was informed in the initial pitch meeting.

He complained about copycats throughout the years, and was shaken up by them. Even said no more Dexter at one point. He was a driving force behind this scuffed writing just to give Dexter some punishment and consequences.

It's too bad because episode 3-8 Is basically top 3 Dexter seasons as mentioned.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Adding onto this.. Michael C. Hall was said to have got up and hugged the showrunner Clyde Phillips, after the initial meeting was over and was informed they were going to kill Dexter. He was informed in the initial pitch meeting.

He complained about copycats throughout the years, and was shaken up by them. Even said no more Dexter at one point. He was a driving force behind this scuffed writing just to give Dexter some punishment and consequences.

It's too bad because episode 3-8 Is basically top 3 Dexter seasons as mentioned.

So funny, this kind of "after the fact" remorse. Like, back in season 1 it didn't once occur to him that showing people how to murder someone and not get caught might not be a good idea? lol? Which is kinda whatever anyway. Murderers gonna murder.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Finally got around to watching this, and holy fuck this got real stupid real fast.

Bautista going "It was actually an officer named Deborah Morgan who solved it. She had a brother named Dexter Morgan and he had a son named Harrison Morgan, who'd be about 16 right now" for no reason is some Neil Breen level writing.

Police chief magically coming across a specific screw in a burned down house convincing her it was Dexter, who's a criminal genius but keeps body parts/evidence in his home. Not only does she Sherlock Holmes it, but never even questions who the magical evidence fairy is that left her the note? Isn't it 100x more likely that whoever wrote the note also burned down the house and planted the screw?

She also didn't believe her friend ran away, but SHE DID RUN AWAY and she fucking knew that. They were supposed to run away together, but Pocahontas backed out at the last minute. Her friend was killed WHILE RUNNING AWAY. Wtf?? Her entire board were also 100% runaways who died while running away. None of them were even locals. How does she have this magical hunch that these girls, who came through town one day and then disappeared were actually murdered? Does her board include every girl who's ever run away in America??

Oh shit, things are looking bad for Dexter, should he:

A. Confess
B. Deny everything and get off because they have no case
C. Blame the killings on the serial killer who still has a bunch of bodies in his basement and is what anyone with half a fucking brain would do
D. Murder your buddy and steal a cop car

And how the fuck did Kurt find out about Dexter anyways? He searches the incinerator for some reason, magically comes across the screws and just knows it was Dexter?? Even noticing the ashes is stupid because he was shit faced at the time.

How did Kurt trick Molly AGAIN??

Shit keeps pissing me off the more I think about it.

Last edited:

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

A. Confess
C. Blame the killings on the serial killer who still has a bunch of bodies in his basement and is what she with half a fucking brain would do

But they had to give Dexter CoNseQuEncEs.

Still better than the Justified revival-- just didn't make it across the finish line, but as mentioned that was all planned beforehand. Michael C Hall and the showrunner both intended for it to be a one-off from the first meeting. With an agenda to give him consequences, you already know the plot is going to be fucking retarded and a character assassination of Dexter. The whole premise of the show was evading consequences.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Finally got around to watching this, and holy fuck this got real stupid real fast.

Bautista going "It was actually an officer named Deborah Morgan who solved it. She had a brother named Dexter Morgan and he had a son named Harrison Morgan, who'd be about 16 right now" for no reason is some Neil Breen level writing.

Police chief magically coming across a specific screw in a burned down house convincing her it was Dexter, who's a criminal genius but keeps body parts/evidence in his home. Not only does she Sherlock Holmes it, but never even questions who the magical evidence fairy is that left her the note? Isn't it 100x more likely that whoever wrote the note also burned down the house and planted the screw?

She also didn't believe her friend ran away, but SHE DID RUN AWAY and she fucking knew that. They were supposed to run away together, but Pocahontas backed out at the last minute. Her friend was killed WHILE RUNNING AWAY. Wtf??

A. Confess
C. Blame the killings on the serial killer who still has a bunch of bodies in his basement and is what she with half a fucking brain would do

And how the fuck did Kurt find out about Dexter anyways? He searches the incinerator for some reason, magically comes across the screws and just knows it was Dexter?? Even noticing the ashes is stupid because he was shit faced at the time.

How did Kurt trick Molly AGAIN??

Shit keeps pissing me off the more I think about it.
I now want to watch this lol. So genius killer fumbles constantly? Sounds like it should have stayed dead.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I now want to watch this lol. So genius killer fumbles constantly? Sounds like it should have stayed dead.

It starts off real strong like Dexter's glory days then gets dumber and dumber as the season goes on. He doesn't really fumble to the end, but just turns into a complete retard.

He ends up taking a rifle round to the leg which is so bad he has to apply a tourniquet to stop the bleeding. So you figure, "Well he can't keep this shit a secret any long he's going to have to come up with some reason he was shot in the leg", but YOU'RE FUCKING WRONG because his leg is magically 100% better the next day and it's never mentioned again.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Police chief tells Dexter she wants him to get the death penalty because apparently being a vigilante and going outside the law is unacceptable to her. Then she lets Harrison get away with that exact same thing like 15 minutes later.

And what the fuck is she going to tell Batista when he gets down there?

"The real BHB was here, but he escaped and I shot him while he was unarmed. No, not with my gun but with his son's rifle. That's right, the rifle that was inside his house that burned down. No, I don't know where his son is now, in fact I haven't seen him at all today. I was busy at this OTHER place where there's like 50 dead girls that happen to be exactly ones I've been looking for for 25 years. Don't worry, I have this 1 screw that proves all of this really happened. The screw is from the other serial killer's son whose father claims isn't even dead and he talks to him regularly"

And the billionaire?? What the fuck was the point of that? They were setting him up as the big bad or maybe just a misdirect, but he just stops showing up after the 2nd or 3rd episode and is never seen or mentioned again.

I gotta stop thinking about this, I'm getting worked up over a show that only had 4 seasons anyways