Dexter: New Blood

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Two things that bothered me greatly about the first episode:
$9000 AR-15
Deb pulling a complete round out of her abdomen

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Entertaining enough, given how the show originally ended. This is probably the best it's been since Trinity was killed. If I had to make a guess for the finale next week...

Dexter will turn himself in to the Chief but it wont matter because his son will have already taken up the reigns. Legacy goes on.

Either that or the son kills the Chief to save dad and stays in a relationship with her daughter. Queue up New Blood season 2: Tango and Cash.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Execs won't comment on another mini series besides to say to watch the ending "That it will break the internet". Endquote. Showtime head of programming.

Both Michael C. Hall and the Showtime President and the showrunner have indicated this will be final in some ways-- in what way that is will be seen next week in the series finale.

Blogs have already posted arguments why killing Dexter is not fitting the current arc, and doing so would be bad TV.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I just hope Dexter kills his dumb kid and goes on living his lumber jack life. Its been a great season so far though.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
this started off slow and kinda seemed, idk, cash grabby? but it actually picked up and I'm liking the story so far this season. definitely better than the last 3 seasons which were utter garbo. Only 1 episode left?

thinking harrison will end up having to kill Dexter in some convoluted way to prevent his secret from being discovered/getting out. Maybe he ends up killing the sheriff gf too? anyway son carries on the tradition, rides off into the sunset with the sheriff's daughter, they bond through "shared grief" and who he eventually marries as a cover family ala Rita.

That or Harrison ends up killing someone and they can't cover it up so Dexter confesses to it to bail his son out, is outed as the bay harbor butcher gets life in prison/death sentence as a way to keep his son out of trouble and show ends with son visiting him in prison and him passing down the full code of harry to him before his execution. Son carries on the tradition that way.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
this started off slow and kinda seemed, idk, cash grabby? but it actually picked up and I'm liking the story so far this season. definitely better than the last 3 seasons which were utter garbo. Only 1 episode left?

thinking harrison will end up having to kill Dexter in some convoluted way to prevent his secret from being discovered/getting out. Maybe he ends up killing the sheriff gf too? anyway son carries on the tradition, rides off into the sunset with the sheriff's daughter, they bond through "shared grief" and who he eventually marries as a cover family ala Rita.

That or Harrison ends up killing someone and they can't cover it up so Dexter confesses to it to bail his son out, is outed as the bay harbor butcher gets life in prison/death sentence as a way to keep his son out of trouble and show ends with son visiting him in prison and him passing down the full code of harry to him before his execution. Son carries on the tradition that way.

It doesn't become a Dexter season until around Episode 4-5. At that point this limited series becomes a Season 2-3 Dexter show.

The slow start was devastating to getting people involved in this character again. I have to assume ratings aren't good as a result of shooting themselves in the foot off the break. The setting was just too meandering in Episode 1-4 compared to Miami to keep people invested.

Showtime execs won't greenlight a second season citing the ending of New Blood has to be run on TV first and then "see where the characters are". Good arguments against killing Dexter in this arc have been made in anticipation of them robbing the fans of more Dexter after the execs comments. Shame on Michael C. Hall for going along with it.

There is going to be an arrest according to the trailer. It's the death that the fans have a problem with.

Argument made as to why killing Dexter does not make sense in this story.

with many reports from the creative team behind Dexter: New Blood saying the episode will be "unforgettable," fans can only hope that things will come full circle and provide a more satisfying ending than many found the original series finale to be.

Last edited:

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I love this show! It was a bit slow in the beginning, but I think it was necessary. Definitely in top 3 of Dexter seasons.

My only complaints are 1: Some nowhere Sheriff is apparently going to take him down. She can't figure out what happened to her friend and all the other girls that went missing over the last 25 years, but she figures out Dexter is the BHB in a couple of weeks. Far fetched! 2: Dexter is too smart to use the same MO that he used in Miami. He's knows the police know that the BHB used injections of catamine(sp) to the neck. Why would he do the same knowing full well it could tie him back to those murders.

Just my 2c.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I thought this was suppose to be a completely different type of show? Wasn't Hall jerking off to how he wouldn't have come back to the same old dexter ect ect? I'm about half way through and they are following the formula to a tee.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I thought this was suppose to be a completely different type of show? Wasn't Hall jerking off to how he wouldn't have come back to the same old dexter ect ect? I'm about half way through and they are following the formula to a tee.

99% chance he was suckered by the showrunner. He showed him Episode 1,2,3 and then said don't worry about the rest but this is the concept for what we're trying to do.

Michael C. Hall was like wow it looks amazing and fresh, Dexter is free and basically has control of his urge to kill, he also seems to be humanizing himself and assimilating and expressing a wider range of self-awareness and learning. Dare we also say he is showing signs of neurotypical emotions?

"Oh yea, that whole New Dexter shit....forget about it bitch. This is Episode 4,5,6. I just showed you what i needed to get you to sign on. Go fuck yourself faggot" - Showrunner

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
2: Dexter is too smart to use the same MO that he used in Miami. He's knows the police know that the BHB used injections of catamine(sp) to the neck.

That's a retcon.

M99 was the drug in the original show. It was retconned to ketamine in the New Blood limited series for unknown reasons. Likely to suit the manner he obtained it, for animal sedation.

But saying the Bay Harbor Butcher used ketamine is complete horseshit retcon and doesn't make any sense. A hackjob to the story-- one of a few.

The writers are only human.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Etorphine (M99) is a semi-synthetic opioid possessing an analgesic potency approximately 1,000–3,000 times that of morphine
seems like they intentionally retconned it to ketamine so that they could connect him to the BHB killings, as of course dexter would never have used the same highly controlled drug in bumblefuck NY and using it would obviously tie him to the BHB.

Outside of that retardation I felt it was fine send off and end to the series.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Wow. I thought the last season of Dexter was the worst season of the show. I was wrong.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Maul

Dental Dammer
I enjoyed the fuck out of this season, but that ending was really disappointing.

• 1Solidarity

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Overall give the ending a 4/10, but not sure the series was really necessary after the sub par ending of the originals. Son had every reason to end it the way he did, life from the start messed up based on Dexter's decisions. The acting though through such an emotional situation, pretty damn bad.

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I would have rather seen him get caught and get the glory for being the BHB than to be killed without that getting out. That said, he should have never of killed the cop to get out. Everything she had on him was circumstantial at best and had a damn good reason for those screws being in his house. He would have walked.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I would have rather seen him get caught and get the glory for being the BHB than to be killed without that getting out. That said, he should have never of killed the cop to get out. Everything she had on him was circumstantial at best and had a damn good reason for those screws being in his house. He would have walked.

Should have been 2 seasons to get there. Regardless of which story you wanted to tell. It was rushed was people's biggest complaint so far.

Especially the conclusion.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Wow. I thought the last season of Dexter was the worst season of the show. I was wrong.

I was actually thinking of you in this thread a few weeks ago when I learned they were going to kill Dexter. I was going to ask if you were prepared for all outcomes.

I presumed as a fan you would feel pretty ripped off. As mentioned, regardless of what you think of this ending versus the lumberjack....this was rushed.

Showtime execs said they want to see binge watch numbers before they commit to any more Dexter. Showrunner Clyde Phillips said he's down for any Dexter Showtime offers him-- and will continue to produce and write for Dexter series if Showtime orders a new series.

The showrunner explicitly said he will drop any project for Showtime. So the ball is in Showtime's court regarding another Dexter series. He's just waiting for the greenlight and said he'd instantly jump on it as his highest priority. But the showrunner said Showtime wants to see some total viewer numbers in the coming 3-4 weeks. I guess live initial broadcast views are just mediocre. If people can't binge, they don't watch.

And for the record. Michael C. Hall was told about Dexter's death in the first meeting before he signed any papers. He signed on from day 1 to kill Dexter and was complicit in it.