Dexter

porkchop sandwiches

Potato del Grande
Good shit - was not expecting that to happen. Really glad this show got good again. Those flashbacks really reminded me how awesome Doakes was.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Someone dig up the Dexter cache from FoH. I predicted this entire episode 10 weeks ago.
frown.png
It's that fucking badly written.

frown.png

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I called deb kills laguerta but didn't see it going down like that.

She could have just walked away, now there is a bunch of questions like what happens with the warrants for the gps, how will he frame laguerta now that he can't use her own gun to shoot her. No way they made it to new years celebration if the cut up the bodies etc.

Silence_sl

shitlord
Story pretty sloppy overall, but beats looking at naked grandmothers.

Deb freaking out after she shot Laguerta was an improv bit.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
What the motherfuck was that terrible, terrible finale. I feel like I got raped it was so bad. Hannah really did drug Deb? Gimme a fucking break. It was such a terrible attempted murder that there's no way it wasn't Deb doing it to herself. Dexter writers go "hey, since we suck at writing and all, and the only way this makes sense is if it's a setup, let's actually make it really Hannah! That'll throw them off! Herp derp."

Second, why did Deb have to kill LaGuerta? Dex was going to do it anyway. Why not just leave? And with her own gun? "OMG I can't believe I have to let Dex kill LaGuerta. This goes totally against my moral compass. How am I going to live with myself? OH I KNOW, KILL HER MYSELF AND MAKE IT 10 TIMES WORSE FOR NO REASON!" And if Dex's original plan worked, he would have a big pool of blood consistent with a knife wound on a table. Just "herp derp I'm the blood guy it looks like a gun shot. Case closed lol got out of another one"

Then dispose of both bodies, clean up the scene, and make it to the party by midnight, wearing your killing clothes despite the fact that YOU HUGGED A DEAD BLOODY BODY IN THE SAME CLOTHES.

What the Jesus black titty fucking christ was this abomination.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well, it sets the tone for the final season: What does Dexter do? I can't see Deb holding her shit together...she is either going to kill herself or she is going to end up having to take care of Harrison.

Hannah is still out there. I'm sure the tree/plant she left will have some symbolism that she knows Dexter will understand. What that symbolism is will play a big role in whether she is now friend or foe.

I think Matthews is going to end up being the one who figures out Dexter is the Bay Harbor Butcher.

Hannah really did drug Deb? Gimme a fucking break.
I took that scene to be Hannah basically telling Deb that she knew she did it.

Silence_sl

shitlord
Totally out of character for Matthews. He would have douched LaGuerta out of there in a nanosecond instead of offering to help her.

Sloppy.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was lulzing when LaGuerta walked up to the canister by herself. Good lord, nearly in tears.

porkchop sandwiches

Potato del Grande
Will Dexter and Deb bang next season? That's gonna be a wierd sex scene, I can't tell yet how I'll feel about it if it happens.

And damn you Dabamf, I liked the finale and the season in general compared to the last two. Now after reading your post you ripped it to shreds and make a lot of good points with a lot of facepalm moments
tongue.png

tongue.png

What the motherfuck was that terrible, terrible finale. I feel like I got raped it was so bad. Hannah really did drug Deb? Gimme a fucking break. It was such a terrible attempted murder that there's no way it wasn't Deb doing it to herself. Dexter writers go "hey, since we suck at writing and all, and the only way this makes sense is if it's a setup, let's actually make it really Hannah! That'll throw them off! Herp derp."

Second, why did Deb have to kill LaGuerta? Dex was going to do it anyway. Why not just leave? And with her own gun? "OMG I can't believe I have to let Dex kill LaGuerta. This goes totally against my moral compass. How am I going to live with myself? OH I KNOW, KILL HER MYSELF AND MAKE IT 10 TIMES WORSE FOR NO REASON!" And if Dex's original plan worked, he would have a big pool of blood consistent with a knife wound on a table. Just "herp derp I'm the blood guy it looks like a gun shot. Case closed lol got out of another one"

Then dispose of both bodies, clean up the scene, and make it to the party by midnight, wearing your killing clothes despite the fact that YOU HUGGED A DEAD BLOODY BODY IN THE SAME CLOTHES.

What the Jesus black titty fucking christ was this abomination.
Hannah drugging Deb isn't any worse than the alternative of Deb flipping a convertible, injuring her own arm, and planting the the car into a ditch in the middle of the day by herself.

As for Deb shooting Laguerta, it was obviously framed as Deb having to make a choice between killing Dexter and doing the "right" thing, or Killing Laguerta and fully immersing herself into Dexter's world. And besides, she was obviously a mental wreck; it's not reasonable to expect her to be logical in that situation.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Writing bad, bad writing.
Only good thing about that episode is no more LaGuerta
So happy we only have one more season.

iannis

Musty Nester
I think one of the main things that made this season one of the weakest ones for me is that Dexter himself is becoming a lot less ambiguous. It was inevitable that would happen -- you can slap all the rationalizations on it that you care to but the fact remains that he's basically just a twisted fuck. Entertaining in that revenge fantasy way but twisted. Of course Dex and Deb would finally clash in an irrevocable way. That's been half the point of the entire series. But the way it actually did happen was disappointing. It actually made Deb crappier. Didn't have to go down that way. It should have made Deb better... you know, like way back in Season 1 when dex tells her (I think in the first damn episode) that all she really needs is confidence in herself.

Plus the villian plot this season was pretty meh. Dexter goes up against the russian cartel? Way too james bond for it to work in this show.
frown.png

They can still pull this out. They pull some serious resets between seasons. Hopefully they do!

frown.png

Silence_sl

shitlord
Too much peril stacking in the plot for any of it to have any sting.

Also, killing his mother's killer was a complete non-event. It should have been the main event, instead it was barely a side note.

Sloppy.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
well im not going to boast about calling it that Hannah really did poison deb, this episode was so fucking bad it might as well have been deb. jesus h christ. did la guerta just get called over to the container by estrada and didnt call for fucking backup? seriously? although now it will be hella easy to clean up all laguertas evidence now that she isnt coming back. but i bet they dont. i bet dexter left those warrants and gas station CCTV footage behind because now carlos is not going to retire until he finds la guertas murderer and of course it will lead him to dexter and deb. probably dex will die at the end of next season, maybe by hannah's hand. i dunno. i dont care anymore. this show is so amazingly stupid.

Musab

Molten Core Raider
Seriously? What a piece of shit finale. I'm calling Hannah being the main antagonist for the final season...

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
I liked the part where someone being charged with homicide was allowed to make out with a visitor and no guard blinked an eye at that.