Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Jesus christ, anything short of completely redone itemization and stats is wasted efforts. Console kids are going to love it.

All this bullshit in the name of balance, give me items that chamge my entire play style, make me feel OP and while you are at it make every one else feel OP as well. Worked great in borderlands.

Fuck balance give me freedom and funfactor, even your cow level is fucking annoying.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
That's a good start. I sincerely hope they have better ideas for endgame than just "loot runs". Bring on the uberquests, challenge maps, events, switch it up.

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
The loot chase is what keeps people playing, but I guess they realized it doesnt matter if people keep playing only that they bought it.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I have a theory that you will be able to change 1 stat to another random one, so you will have to burn through materials to get the exact roll you want (ala PoE), which will make it untradable in the process. If the mats require high level salvages, they could keep the treadmill going for a long time.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
No infinite dungeon that doesn't force me through more shitty story = no buy from me. Does anyone on Earth want MORE STORYLINES (e.g. for followers)?? LOL. That's what I hate most about current Blizzard. They think they are just such masters of storytelling with all this awesome lore and I fucking hate all of it. Plus I hate the smug, self-satisfied surety with which they stuff more shitty story into an otherwise okay (but not great) game. SURE CAN'T WAIT TO DISCOVER THE MYSTIC'S REASON FOR BEING IN THE GAME!!!!!

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
No infinite dungeon that doesn't force me through more shitty story = no buy from me. Does anyone on Earth want MORE STORYLINES (e.g. for followers)?? LOL. That's what I hate most about current Blizzard. They think they are just such masters of storytelling with all this awesome lore and I fucking hate all of it. Plus I hate the smug, self-satisfied surety with which they stuff more shitty story into an otherwise okay (but not great) game. SURE CAN'T WAIT TO DISCOVER THE MYSTIC'S REASON FOR BEING IN THE GAME!!!!!
She already is, it's Kalina from A1... One of the things cut during the development

Loot runs seems to be without a story (hopefully)

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I get the feeling a lot of people in this thread are judging the expac on only partial information(of the information released so far).

Hinadurus_sl

shitlord
I never got very far into inferno on my DH, I think I poured too much time into a class I ended up not caring for. By the time my buddies were ready to reroll I was burnt out. Some of these changes sound cool, and 'loot runs' (stupid stupid name) sound cool in that everything from the colour pallette, weather, architecture, creatures, is randomized. Also unless I misunderstood what he was saying.. you need to kill the boss at the end to get the loot from the dungeon? Maybe its just how he said it. Anyway, am I going to trip over myself to get it? No way. Does it sound cool for a complete casual? Yup.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I get the feeling a lot of people in this thread are judging the expac on only partial information(of the information released so far).
This thread is littered with people who haven't played the game in a year and for some reason an infinite amount of armchair game designers. It is nearly impossible to read. I stopped trying to gain any useful information out of here a while ago and just occasionally go to /r/diablo to see if anything has changed.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
What new information is there to get they haven't touched the game in forever and the expac is still a year+ away with no good info that might still all change.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
This thread is littered with people who haven't played the game in a year and for some reason an infinite amount of armchair game designers. It is nearly impossible to read. I stopped trying to gain any useful information out of here a while ago and just occasionally go to /r/diablo to see if anything has changed.
I have actually been playing a bit since last week, somehow once I reached about 75k dps on my sorceress, the game started being fun, because I could just faceroll MP1 and melt faces without really worrying about my defense and I didn't feel like I'm not getting the most out of my time by playing MP0/Hell. Leveling any other character to 60 proved to be impossible since I really can't stomach how on rails the game feels. Account bound crafted rares were what the game really needed, now I wonder whether I should spend my money and essences rolling some armor, before I check out the AH. Oh and I actually got some decent drops, like Mara's Kaleidoscope. It's nice way to kill an hour here and there.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Loot run should instead be 'endless dungeon' mode where you just keep climbing down floors forever and ever with monsters slowly getting harder and harder. When you die, it resets you back like 10 floors or some shit and re-randomizes the floors below. Put in one of the games bosses every 5~20 floors or whatever and spawn an elite pack in the room with them and call it a day.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Loot run should instead be 'endless dungeon' mode where you just keep climbing down floors forever and ever with monsters slowly getting harder and harder. When you die, it resets you back like 10 floors or some shit and re-randomizes the floors below. Put in one of the games bosses every 5~20 floors or whatever and spawn an elite pack in the room with them and call it a day.
That's pretty much exactly what I suggested a year ago.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
But that is basically exactly what loot runs are. Instead of this endless diving you just get it in bite sized format where you complete it and if you want to 'dive deeper' you just run it again. If you want it to be progressively harder then you just keep ticking up the MP.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
You can only tick up MP a few times though. I think one comment on why they dont want to do endless dungeons is because players expect increased rewards to go along with increased difficulty, and that leads to the point where endless37+ is the only thing worth doing. Instead they want to keep going through the story game a valid choice loot/xp wise instead of becoming a dumb choice. I think that opinion puts them in a dead end challenge-wise but eh, it's their game. I was hoping them up MP to some insane cap like 1k and just say "have at it" but I read that MP doesnt increase either...

Either way it's a year or longer until they (attempt) to fix the game. I'd like to know if they offer a fresh realm or follow through with self found modes or anything like that, just to know if doing paragon has any longterm value for me (if they offer any way to get a fresh start away from the existing item/gold pool I'm taking it, and would assume it also costs me my paragon levels).