Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I don't even think it's that bad. As consumers, we buy products that we want. It used to be, that games were products, and not MTX filled pieces of crap. Consumers don't wanna think about how a company is doing, financially. We're consumers, not financial prodigies.

If its games are good, then word will spread. Look at Blizzard in the early days.

Look at Blizzard now. There are your two extremes. That wasn't a BlizzCon. That was an InvestorCon.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Just got the Switch version of Diablo 3 (after the PC and PS4 versions)... Im afraid I will have to retire to my bathroom permanently now, and my GF will think I have an issue with my stomach.

Its glorious.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I don't even think it's that bad. As consumers, we buy products that we want. It used to be, that games were products, and not MTX filled pieces of crap. Consumers don't wanna think about how a company is doing, financially. We're consumers, not financial prodigies.

If its games are good, then word will spread. Look at Blizzard in the early days.

Look at Blizzard now. There are your two extremes. That wasn't a BlizzCon. That was an InvestorCon.
and their stock is reaping the rewards

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Just got the Switch version of Diablo 3 (after the PC and PS4 versions)... Im afraid I will have to retire to my bathroom permanently now, and my GF will think I have an issue with my stomach.

Its glorious.

I've actually heard the switch version is decent too for what it is. I think it would have gone over better (if it didnt already) as a blizzcon announcement than the mobile fiasco.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I've actually heard the switch version is decent too for what it is. I think it would have gone over better (if it didnt already) as a blizzcon announcement than the mobile fiasco.
Yeah but it's the same as the PS4/Xbox version really so they didn't think it would get a lot of love I bet.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You mean the same fucking game that they're trying to out-whore Skyrim with?

I had planned on getting the Necro pack next time it was on sale...but oops...POE!

Therage

Vyemm Raider

I've been enjoying the switch version to be fair I bought it before the announcement of immortal. But still fun to grind some gifts at downtime at work.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That's true, but it's not displeasant to hear that for instance Projekt Red did good with The Witcher 3, etc. When a game you liked playing also make the company that produced it happy, then everyone is happy and you can hope for a sequel.
Then the company get bought by financial groups, where they think IP is just another form of patent where whatever you do with the brand is gonna bring them $$.

Consumers like it when a product they like makes money, be it a game or movie or whatever. They like it because it serves as a validation of what the consumer likes (ie, you/whoever likes the product), it increases the likelihood of a sequel or additional support, and people do genuinely like to see success where it is deserved.

When people don't like it when something makes money, it is for the exact opposite reasons above. It isn't that people don't want Blizzard to be successful, it is that they don't want what they perceive to be a bad product/behavior succeed and in turn produce more of that product/behavior.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Consumers like it when a product they like makes money, be it a game or movie or whatever. They like it because it serves as a validation of what the consumer likes (ie, you/whoever likes the product), it increases the likelihood of a sequel or additional support, and people do genuinely like to see success where it is deserved.

When people don't like it when something makes money, it is for the exact opposite reasons above. It isn't that people don't want Blizzard to be successful, it is that they don't want what they perceive to be a bad product/behavior succeed and in turn produce more of that product/behavior.

This is largely true other than your typical hipster/neckbeard types that stop liking things when they aren't niche.

The attitude about this stuff has been amplified in the past half decade or so from what I've seen. People are obsessed with sales charts and stock prices and every other metric at a level that is weird at times. I guess it comes from society becoming increasingly more focused on things like brand loyalty and people wanting to be walking billboards. Good little consumers like to feel they're having an impact on things in a world that they otherwise don't really have an effect on.

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
lol their PTR patch notes

How do we increase the fun?
Make all the 6 piece bonuses 10x+ higher! 3000% -> 13000%!!!!!

What an unsavably disconnected company
And a royal ring of grandeur buff too. wow.....

FFS Blizzard just either needs to shutdown Diablo, end it out of its misery or fucking sell the IP. They no longer have the slightest clue on how to make an ARPG.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
If they are making that the seasonal buff, they should have made it so it could stack with another ring either worn or cubed, or shit make it so you can cube + wear + passive buff it and it blows open the door on random ass build crazyness

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
If they are making that the seasonal buff, they should have made it so it could stack with another ring either worn or cubed, or shit make it so you can cube + wear + passive buff it and it blows open the door on random ass build crazyness
C'mon dude that would be too much fun and Blizzard does not want you to have fun while playing their games. Love the idea though and I would actually play in S16 too.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
FFS Blizzard just either needs to shutdown Diablo, end it out of its misery or fucking sell the IP. They no longer have the slightest clue on how to make an ARPG.

It'll be fun to read all the "How Social Justice and pandering ruined Blizzard" type articles in the next decade or so. Congrats to GGG, the new ARPG kings.

• 1Dislike

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
hes-not-wrong-you-know.jpg

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It'll be fun to read all the "How Social Justice and pandering ruined Blizzard" type articles in the next decade or so. Congrats to GGG, the new ARPG kings.

SJW shit isn't Blizzard's problem. They've pretty much stayed away from the majority of it other than trying really damn hard to have a diverse hero pool in Overwatch.

Their problem is that the marketing boys are steering the ship and have been for the past few years, and they're doing so after pushing out the people that made Blizzard what it is.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
I think when it comes to Diablo specifically, they just don't have anyone left that gets it.
Doesn't matter how much they say they love Diablo, I have a hard time believing they have anyone left that actually played Diablo 2 back in its time.
I'm sure they studied it when trying to make D3, but they sure half assed even that.

The people that knew Diablo are long gone.
I was actually worried about D4, knowing that it would be the first Diablo made from the ground up with consoles in mind there is no doubt in my mind that compromises would be made for the PC version rather than adjustments for the console like with D3, because at least D3 was PC first.

The more I play PoE the less I believe that Blizzard could ever create a Diablo that would not be just a smoother, prettier version of PoE with much, much less depth.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
That kind of buff for this season is like the buffs when a game is leaving beta to be wiped and launched. Just silly overpowered because why not.

They desperately want number of players to increase significantly.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
The more I play PoE the less I believe that Blizzard could ever create a Diablo that would not be just a smoother, prettier version of PoE with much, much less depth.

I would probably play a prettier PoE that sacrificed some depth, but I doubt Blizzard could even manage to make that.