Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Well, you can look at it a couple ways. He was genuinely interested in the Diablo franchise. And I think he is, to a degree. But, who else has been reporting on Diablo news? Perhaps not a reliable income, but certainly a good one to exploit(up until last week). Everyone else fled Diablo, yet look how many pissed off fans there. Rhykker was able to buy a house with that.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I have no problem with Rhykker, and have enjoyed his videos in the past. I also have no problem with him making choices on his current recent success with using Diablo for content creation. The problem comes from locking himself into a mortgage based on it. Places like Youtube can and will fuck you in the ass, and as seen here: The game community that makes up the majority of your viewerbase can revolt. There are just too many things not within your control in content creation and you can't easily pivot to new content, or to a new profession. It's all as unstable as being in sales in a high-turnover field where you're lucky to just keep forward momentum.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Besides Asmongold the most successful streamers I see are those that diversify their gameplay. If your personality fits, folks will watch regardless of the game like they watch any number of things even though they might suck. Like my wife and the Walking Dead because she loves Caryl even though she got like 6 minutes of screen time all of last season...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

khorum

Murder Apologist
LOL try not to shed too many tears for Rhykker if Diablo streaming stops delivering his money trucks. He'd have no problem getting a job in some new media outfit or probably even in Blizzard if the easy money actually DID dry up. Any company with a need for developing a streaming/youtube footprint would hire him.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Does the Switch version of D3 have the nemesis system? Wish they brought that to PC.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
It is fucking mind boggling that these giant companies cannot view the landscape of games and see that there are very easy ways to do mtx in a non-intrusive but very profitable way.

To paraphrase what you just said...
EA and ActiBlizzard can't see games for the game play loops.

Last edited:

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
honestly, the reason why a game company would fail to see the culture and landscape of games, is for one very simple reason. they stopped trying to follow the trends, and started believing that they are SETTING the trends.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Rhykker has had several sponsored videos and streams from various companies (which bring in a lot of $$), he's not just banked on Diablo. Diablo just happens to be his favorite game. I'm betting plenty of people will follow him to plenty other games. But that video is just hilarious to me cause it's like pinpointing the exact moment someone has died inside.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
He did a review of PoE compared to Diablo and said PoE didn't have the depth that D3 had, and didn't get out of the story into mapping. I think that's when I stopped watching his stuff. Saw only a small portion of the actual game.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
He did a review of PoE compared to Diablo and said PoE didn't have the depth that D3 had, and didn't get out of the story into mapping. I think that's when I stopped watching his stuff. Saw only a small portion of the actual game.

So the dude is just a shill or completely retarded

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
So the dude is just a shill or completely retarded

more likely he's paid by blizz to play D3 and play down other games like PoE and Grim Dawn.
I actually watched (more like listened) his entire blizzcon vid. From what I got is that he was heavily banking on at least D3 exp being released. And he got fucked in the ass with no lube. Being exclusive D3 streamer/youtube guy is just stupid, I don't feel sorry for him at all.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Anyone that based the stability of their mortgage payments on Diablo games of all things is a fool, and foolish things happen to fools. Twitch and Youtube are not reliable income streams
should have learned to code

Borzak

Like I said, I've watched him a few times. He's beyond all in for Blizzard/D3. Attends every Blizzcon from Canada, interviews as many Blizz people as he can, and one time I noticed on his channel he had an hour long video (I didn't watch it) of someone who had worked at Blizzard years ago. Mentioned it in the twitch thread I don't see how some people play one game and expect it to last. The person I brought up in twitch only plays world of tanks and went straight to only streaming that after graduating with a MS in some kind of remote sensing degree.

I don't know.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Acti-Blizz has "multiple diablo projects in the works".

They only announced the mobile one, since that is the highest quality one? The only one worth announcing? The only one that will go live before 2025?

Guessing I'm 3/3 on above statements.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Acti-Blizz has "multiple diablo projects in the works".

They only announced the mobile one, since that is the highest quality one? The only one worth announcing? The only one that will go live before 2025?

Guessing I'm 3/3 on above statements.
"Multiple Diablo projects" of which one is Diablo Immortal, and the other is the Diablo animated series in development for Netflix (leaked about a month and a half ago).

• 1Like

Borzak

Diablo Immortal I
Diablo Immortal 2
Diablo Immortal 3

All being worked on. Multiple projects.

• 1Like