Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I'm reading that Reddit, and we'll see what happens but I read this part...

Diablo 4 is actually going to look dark, gritty and gross - no more rainbow shiny bullshit this time! Loactions are toned down, infrequently laid with corpses, wasteland, greyish deserts, clut caves surrounded by flesh, rotten crypts, marshes and bogs, plagued cities you name it.

And I distinctly recall them making it clear that Diablo 3 was going to be this way, and no rainbows or anything, then a lot of commotion came up when that rainbow appeared when you go over that one bridge or whatnot.

Basically, it was everything it was said it wasn't going to be.

I love PoE, and I would certainly not mind a *good* D4 game, I just have zero faith in blizzard in 2019. Maybe they can pull it off, who knows.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’ll play just about any Diablo game that isn’t mobile. Like the saying goes “only the hungry dog eats from the trash”.

Woof Woof

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
The arpg genre needs something new and shiny be it d4 or something else down the line. There's some good titles but it's pretty stagnant at the moment and GGG could probably use some competition.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Went to the Diablo reddit. People calling for the return of the real money auction house. Wut?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Went to the Diablo reddit. People calling for the return of the real money auction house. Wut?

idiots.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
The only chance that something good is going to come from them is if they managed some humility and realized why POE was such a superior game on many levels. Blizzard however fundamentally lacks humility so...

That's the thing, LAST year Chris Wilson from GGG literally said they're developing PoE 4.0 to compete with a Diablo 4, and now that Lost Ark is out as well.. I'm really hoping Blizzard is going to feel the pressure to step their shit up to not get crushed.

I don't know if blizzard will continue to have box sales off name of company alone. A ton of people are increasingly growing sick of their stupid shit as a company. I feel bad for the devs lol. But I have hope they're making a game to compete with the far superior games in the genre right now.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'll be honest, I still don't really know why people care about RMAH. You're essentially playing a single player game, who gives a fuck how much money someone wants to throw at it, just take advantage of them and take their money.

Stipulating that it actually works and isn't exploitable by shit like clock changes, and you have some way to deal with bots.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
RMAH was neat cause I could buy real life hamburgers by selling in-game hamburgers :honkler:

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
you're telling me that diablo with a RMAH doesn't belong in clown world? cause you're wrong

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
xzi xzi Yes, that's what I'm saying. RMAH is just corporate greed, it has nothing to do with overthetop politics and societal trends.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
RMAH was a terrible idea.

That said, a gold/resource only AH or bounty board (x for y) would be AMAZING if anyone would just nut up and implement it.

Caliane

theres also Wolcen and Last epoch.

Last epoch is mechanically a decent D2 derivative. graphically.. is like a 2010 game too..

Wolcen is graphically great. Been stuck in dev hell. they finally seem to be moving forward. current act 1 is in. its interesting, in the PC is fully voiced. its a thematic arpg.
They have not fleshed it out. but there is an "almost" vermintide/l4d mode. Which I think has a TON of promise for ARPGS.
4 player premade, or hotjoin missions with boss monsters that spawn, and a challenge to get to the end. rewards only at the end.

It would take alot to get me to come back to Diablo.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That sign is actually a warning for the Overwatch 2: All Futa Edition reveal.

• 1Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'll be honest, I still don't really know why people care about RMAH. You're essentially playing a single player game, who gives a fuck how much money someone wants to throw at it, just take advantage of them and take their money.

Stipulating that it actually works and isn't exploitable by shit like clock changes, and you have some way to deal with bots.

In a loot/build oriented game the problem the RMAH creates is that you are then forced to spend more $$$ to progress as no item worth a shit will be sold for gold. Much like in POE the majority of the game is hunting down currency to buy items for whatever build you're targeting.

RMAH kills that shit right quick unless you're willing to pull out your Mastercard.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users