Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Thanks for the advice.

Going to try and follow this :Paragon Leveling Build and Route 1.0.8 - Forums - Diablo III
That route has been further refined since then:

Diablo III - Druin - Max XP/hr guide 1.0.8 - YouTube
[Guide] - Max EXP/hr in Patch 1.0.8 (solo) - Forums - Diablo III

I like using this page due to the percentages and such. I don't go directly by this but it is great way to see details and the big picture of a build.

http://diablo.somepage.com/popular/monk#builds-hc
I don't think that page is that useful anymore. I don't know they datamining techniques, but just looking at the monk softcore builds, I want to say it collects a lot of old, inactive builds. Notice how they are all variants on cyclone/thunderclap? Nirvana and bells is nowhere to be found.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
I've been using tempest build still simply because it's the most fun, for me at least, to zoom around like a retard. I know there are far more efficient builds out there but running around at normal speed feels so slow now it's ruined me.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Are there any rumors or news of when this will release for PS4? I havent seen any dates anywhere.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
anyone on ps3 that wants to play? im FoH-Furai and just had my entire house broken into, and my roommates felt bad and bought me another ps3 and diablo. Now it's regrind and find gear again, I'm back to paragon level 20 and I can help on any missions? Let me know!
wink.png

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Are there any rumors or news of when this will release for PS4? I havent seen any dates anywhere.
Most likely they won't release Diablo3 on PS4 and just go for RoS directly, which is a standalone for the console version(it's something stupid like Diablo The Ultimate edition or whatever). And they said RoS isn't coming out until after it comes out on PC. So educated guess would say may-june or so.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Most likely they won't release Diablo3 on PS4 and just go for RoS directly, which is a standalone for the console version(it's something stupid like Diablo The Ultimate edition or whatever). And they said RoS isn't coming out until after it comes out on PC. So educated guess would say may-june or so.
Awwwwwww horseshit! I wanna play now

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Any tips on power leveling?

Looked up some stuff online, and my friend has a 70k DPS Demon Hunter, and I was a level 15 Witch Doctor. We went to Normal, MP10, Act 3 and did the Keep through Azmo, rinse repeat.

Any better way? It was fast, just not as fast as I thought maybe it'd be. Guess I was expecting Everquest type of PL speed where you'd get levels in seconds, given the huge difference in levels and my friends DPS, but it really wasn't the case.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You want the xp items for fast leveling, then just mp10 keep over and over. Generally people ask you have hellfire ring and cain's set and also possible leoric ring, as well as a high ruby. Can't really buy a hellfire unless you're 60 though, can buy a cain set for like 100k total so your friend could probably buy you a shitty one, just make sure to get a socket in head piece(if you buy the headpiece) for the ruby, and if he had a high lvl ruby he can lend you. Leoric's signet is expensive as shit I believe.

Don't know how slow it is but having just leveled my monk to 60 by myself it can't really be that long, I was getting 1 level per keep 2 clear at 55 on mp0, that's like 5mins or so. Had cain's set, hellfire and a shitty ruby cause I'm poor, was using tempest rush with a 1000DPS 250dex mace though, running around at like +70% speed or whatever.

For a DH powerleveling I think he'd want lacuni+movespeed boots+strafe with the 100% rune, and he should be able to kill everything around him instantly while moving so it'd clear a lot faster than most other setups.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I started HC this past weekend to get a toon to 60 and some paragon for the xpac, was pretty fun. The perma death risk made it interesting.

Envious#1576 if anyone wants to play some HC next weekend.

Madikus

Knows nothing.
So I rolled up another barb (already have one at 100) since I have a godly set and its the easiest thing I have to farm paragon with. I can PL people when I'm available. Add me for some help if ya need it Madruk#1843. I get alot of spam requests, so make sure you add FOH in the comments or I'll probably delete it. With a cain's set, hellfire and a ruby in helm I can usually get a character 1-60 in under 2 hours. For PL I use a 250k damage WD and just cast locusts. Hilarity ensues.

Oh, I can also solo MP10 ubers if people still need rings.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Does anyone know if there are any good resources (forums, theocrycrafting) for the console versions of Diablo? Most of the console forums on the major sites are just trading posts and I'm looking for in-depth analysis that takes console-specific issues into account. I'm up to paragon 24 on PS3, playing a TR/EP/Bells variant. Appear to be comfortably farming Master 3 at the moment. Have also played DH and Barb.

Case in point 1: Monster Density. I know it's reduced on console, but by how much and does this affect the choices you make in-game? I don't think you can just follow a 1.08 farming guide blindly because results will vary greatly. I also believe certain class builds are optimized for the higher density on PC and might not work as well without the critical mass of mobs.

Case in point 2: Targeted loot drops. I realize I'm not going to get a lot of sympathy here, but the easy upgrades have pretty much run out and there's no AH. I choose to play self-found and not participate in the hack/dupe economy. But say I'm looking for gear for my Monk (I can't stand to play any other class for too long after experiencing Tempest Rush). I have a Natalya's Ring and would like the boots to go with any Inna's pieces I happen to get. Is there any way to get it besides playing my DH? Possible to play 2-player coop and drag around the DH to get DH set pieces?

Case in point 2.5: Loot scaling. So it's great that certain unique legendaries can scale up to 60. You can get a Level 60 Leoric's Signet so you don't take as huge of a stat hit, and a lvl 60 Buriza also does very neat things. I have a lvl 60 Messerschmidt's Reaver that seems just fine compared to a Skorn. Has anyone done the analysis of what is now BiS with level scaling taken into account? Also, while it's great having choices, it also seems to dilute the loot tables. On PC, there's a much smaller pool to choose from at level 60 so you have a better chance of getting that Skorn or a level 60 set piece that you need.

Case in point 3: Neph Valor/Paragon farming. With NV only stacking to 3 and the reduced density, what's a good target for xp/hour? I know top players claim 100 mil+/hour but is that realistic for console? No one I've seen has really done the comparison. With NV only stacking to 3, can you do shorter runs to optimize?

Thanks in advance. I realize the vast majority of D3 players that still participate are still mostly on PC, but I figured it's worth a shot.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
anyone on ps3 that wants to play? im FoH-Furai and just had my entire house broken into, and my roommates felt bad and bought me another ps3 and diablo. Now it's regrind and find gear again, I'm back to paragon level 20 and I can help on any missions? Let me know!
wink.png
Damn bro, sorry to hear about your house.

My PSN is Verseia, hit me up and I might have some extra gear for you. My connection isn't the best at the spot I'm at right now so I'm not sure if we can play or not, but I can definitely join a lobby and drop some extras if they are in fact upgrades for ya.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Damn bro, sorry to hear about your house.

My PSN is Verseia, hit me up and I might have some extra gear for you. My connection isn't the best at the spot I'm at right now so I'm not sure if we can play or not, but I can definitely join a lobby and drop some extras if they are in fact upgrades for ya.
What he said. I've got a bunch of shit just laying around if you need extra gear. It will mostly be Barbarian-centric, though. PSN is Andrewlius666.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Just hit 60 Hardcore on my barb. First time in inferno. If anyone here is D3 Hardcore wealthy and has any newb 60 barb loot sitting around, I would definitely appreciate it.

Eidal#1153

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hmm...1.5 billion gold doesn't go nearly as far as I thought it would in the AH these days.
frown.png

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Crone, my net took a dump last night...didn't mean to leave ya hangin'! Sorry dude - hit me up today we can finish the set if you didn't already.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Hmm...1.5 billion gold doesn't go nearly as far as I thought it would in the AH these days.
frown.png
Wut? 1.5B should outfit you quite easily for MP10. It won't be that fast, but you can do it. I was doing MP10 on a TR/EP/bells build on a suit that cost much less. Maybe 500M?