Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
PS4 version is RoS from the start, and it won't be released until after the PC expansion. How long after, nobody knows.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
anyone still remotely playing this? havent played for a long time figured id get some time in before expac gonna give the WD another go.
teck#1602

got about 300mill if anyone wants to help me shop.

Crone

anyone still remotely playing this? havent played for a long time figured id get some time in before expac gonna give the WD another go.
teck#1602

got about 300mill if anyone wants to help me shop.
Marduk in this thread helped me out. I spent about a billion gold but I can do mp10 on my witch doctor now. I learned a heck of a lot from gearing up. It's been a ton of fun and working on a new monk now.

Shit just forgot my battle tag and I'm mobile right now. Wil edit post a little later.

Battletag: Crone#1894

Anyone needs some PL, hit me up. Have a witch doctor that can burn through to level 60 very quickly.

Crone

Riley - Community - Diablo III

this is what i came out with, for uh basically like 400mill? idk hp seems kinda low im pretty bad at shopping threw stam gems into my shit, at 37k can barely stay alive in mp5 lol.
Looks not bad, but what a friend of mine did, and was in a similar situation, with being stuck on Mp4-5, is he didn't have any resists. He was around 200 for all of them, and bumping those up really made a difference. He kept asking me how I didn't just die in 1 shot, and it's because I have 700+ all resists.

They are very important.

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Looks not bad, but what a friend of mine did, and was in a similar situation, with being stuck on Mp4-5, is he didn't have any resists. He was around 200 for all of them, and bumping those up really made a difference. He kept asking me how I didn't just die in 1 shot, and it's because I have 700+ all resists.

They are very important.
This is why fixing a set is usually harder than making a new one. Trying to fix broken stat and resist budgets can be a giant bitch. For those of you getting back into this, keep in mind that 1bill sounds like alot, but it really isn't anymore. An acceptable mp10 set for pretty much any basic spec on any class will run you about that. Unless you are CM wiz, then who cares. If you REALLY want to farm mp8-10 before the expac and you have nothing currently, I suggest buying some gold from 3rd party (it's cheap as fuck) and building a set. If you are serious about it, message me in game and I can make you a legit set where you don't waste your gold.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
This is why fixing a set is usually harder than making a new one. Trying to fix broken stat and resist budgets can be a giant bitch. For those of you getting back into this, keep in mind that 1bill sounds like alot, but it really isn't anymore. An acceptable mp10 set for pretty much any basic spec on any class will run you about that. Unless you are CM wiz, then who cares. If you REALLY want to farm mp8-10 before the expac and you have nothing currently, I suggest buying some gold from 3rd party (it's cheap as fuck) and building a set. If you are serious about it, message me in game and I can make you a legit set where you don't waste your gold.
what out of my set can i keep? or do i need to scrap everything i bought? im gonna look up prices.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Alright, I haven't played in a while, but I just couldn't keep gold. Haast helped me out with a pile of it, but I was never more than 50m. Did something change or was I doing something wrong?

Disp_sl

shitlord
Does it really cost that much to gear for the higher MP's? Until a couple weeks ago I hadn't played since a few weeks after release. I haven't tried MP8 yet, but I've been rampaging MP7 and my gear has cost me under $5mil. total (other than the $2mil. emerald I bought yesterday for the weap). I can see going forward that upgrades may be pricey though. Sitting at about 615 resist all, 93k DPS, and 40k life. It's probably less expensive to gear a monk though since I don't need as much resist all stuff.

Disp - Community - Diablo III

Only thing I've really had a problem with so far is uber skeleton king on MP7 because of his burst DPS. How the fuck do you guys have so much gold though? I just sold a vile ward the other day for $20mil., but other than that haven't sold anything for more than like $2mil. I've been sitting at under $1mil. most of the time. Do most people just buy their gold or are you actually selling stuff to get that much?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
"rampaging" MP7 with that gear seems unlikely. Doable, sure, but you should be down at MP6 or 5 with that dps. In fact, I'm not sure how you're not dying to spike damage since sweeping winds can't proc LoH and you have no life steal. I guess the three defensive overkill passives help.

Your build is a bit outdated and some of your gearing doesn't make sense. If you think LoH is still the #1 sustain, I can see why you think it was really cheap.

Barbs are probably the cheapest to gear right not since they don't need any sustain on their weapons.

Disp_sl

shitlord
It was really cheap. I've got 2800-ish LoH and the most expensive piece was $750k-ish. The gear and build is just going off of stuff I used and knew of back when the game was new, so I'm sure it probably is out dated, but I don't have issues with just about any elites I come up against, and can just face tank most of them. Not claiming any of the skills or gear is the best choice, just saying I've been doing MP7 with pretty inexpensive gear and it feels like I'm killing stuff efficiently enough where I'm ready to try out MP8 when I play next. I play with a barb, but he's geared same as me; about $5-$10mil. for his whole gear set.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Right, that's why it was so cheap, no one uses LoH anymore, it's essentially a garbage stat. With ~5% LS on that axe, you'd be able to tank the skeleton king no problem. But the paradigm is not "tanking" anymore. If elites don't blow up in is 3-5 bells, you're wasting your time. At that point, your MP is too high or you're engaging elites that you should skip, like those stupid ghosts.

As for gold, everything I had was furnished via item drops I sold on the AH. I probably found close to 1b in drops, but transaction fees wittled that down over time. I cashed out recently, as you can see in my sig, ending up with just over 450m.

There's a lot you could do to improve your gear. But the best thing would be to shift your paradigm away from "I can tank elites" to "how fast can I kill them while staying alive?". Speed is the name of the game and life steal facilitates it the best. But, the PTR for 2.0 is coming out "very soon", so I really don't know the point of this.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
ive always found monk/barb so much cheaper to gear than my WD, i think i spent like 30mill on my barb and because of spec and just how it works i can do mp7-8.

maybe i just dont know how to gear a WD.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
A few of your choices were puzzling. Probably just didn't know there was a cheaper/superior set/legendary in that slot.
what pieces? i mean i just went and looked at what the majority of WDs were using on some site that tracked all that along with top DPS witch doctors and such.

also is this firebat build the basic go to build for WDS now?

alkaizer basically still the best route?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Vile Ward for your shoulder. If you're going Cloud of Bats, pick up a LS Skorn. If not, pick up a Manajuma's Carver. Lacuni Prowlers aren't needed, you're already capped on movement speed from the boots and pants. Or ditch the pants. But most keep the pants since the BoA recipe for bracers is really cheap. You probably paid through the nose for that amulet. I think the market on Tal's amulets is hugely inflated. You get a Tal's amulet when you have nothing else left to buy. You can get a more effective(dps/gold) amulet from a rare trifecta.

I'm actually wondering how you blew 400m on that gear. Was it all spent on the weapon, ring, gloves, and amulet?

Also, keep in mind that attack speed ain't that great for witch doctors. It increases your dps but also increases mana consumption. It's probably the first stat to drop when looking for upgrades.