Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I can't use my Amulet on PTR because it requires level 61 now? -_-

I was getting wrecked on Master. Probably because my gear is 100% made for WW/Sprint and that build doesn't exist anymore.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I can't use my Amulet on PTR because it requires level 61 now? -_-

I was getting wrecked on Master. Probably because my gear is 100% made for WW/Sprint and that build doesn't exist anymore.
They said it's a bug and they'll fix it next patch or something, crafted amulets are 61 atm yeah. And yeah barbs not sure if they're very viable on PTR, they looked ok in RoS with the new avalanche skill but they're very different now, play more like old school barbs(well, less frenzy and more hammer or so). There was a whirlwind build but it relied on crushing blow so not sure it'll be good anymore.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Tried logging in this morning and it wasn't working so I switched over to live and man I want to go back. I have a new monk on both sides and field of misery was just way more fun and knowing when something dropped it was atleast worth looking at.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Got a 1h xbow on PTR while leveling up a DH..it removed the hatred cost of strafe. Much fun and many levels were had.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Been playing a Crusader on a friend's account since he got in the beta, gotta say the class is pretty fucking fun, it seems fairly awful at sustained damage unlike the other 2 melees, but you can burst shit down by popping a bunch of cooldowns at once, it's pretty cool to play. Also very tanky. Been leveling from lvl 1 on Expert(3rd difficulty) without any twinking, seems to be about the right difficulty, it's mostly easy but some rare affixes can be dangerous(arcane beams, poison shit, mortar if you eat them and fire chains mostly) so it's not too easy.

Mobs die a bit slow if you don't get a good weapon quick, but luckily loot 2.0 is pretty good for drops and you upgrade shit non stop with better and better stuff. Found 3 legendaries so far so not a huge number but still nice, one of which I have no idea what it did(some amulet that spawns the arcane orb effect where there's 4 little orbs circling around you, but those don't explode when mobs come in melee range so not sure if NYI or they do something else).

I'm level 40ish in Act4 of my first playthrough, expect to finish act 5 around lvl 50 or so, which is pretty cool since it means you don't have to replay the game multiple times like currently. That's not doing any bounty either, just leveling the normal way, I wanted to see how it'd work out if I was to level a crusader as my first class on ros(so without lvling a char to 70 first to unlock adventure mode). I expect with a hellfire ring and a good ruby in a helm you would be fairly close to 60 at the end of the first playthrough.

Other than that, for people stuck in queue to create a game, it seems the game allotement is based on difficulty and game type. If you play softcore and master, the queue is insane because everyone who's testing the PTR is mostly doing that(torment not accessible). If you try logging on expert or hard, you'll log in instantly. Master is still retarded easy compared to mp8-10 on live anyway, so there isn't much to see there, if you just want to check skills out just log on expert or whatever. Also if you play hardcore, there's no queue for any difficulty.
compared to barb how much more dmg can you tank?

I planned on switching from barb to crusader when it was released but I like what I am hearing.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
compared to barb how much more dmg can you tank?

I planned on switching from barb to crusader when it was released but I like what I am hearing.
I have no idea, however barbs survivability is nerfed a ton in the expansion, since they removed lifesteal from everything, so unlike live barb where you use the rend lifesteal rune and can survive mp10 with shit gear, can't really quite do that.

I think so far the big difference is you can have a shield and a 2H at the same time, so damage is similar but you can block and get a bunch of "free" armor on your shield. On top of that, one of the passives provide an insane amount of resists(the gem one, it's like +40all resist per different colors and +40 if you have all 5 types iirc, so that's like 240all resist passive or something, but you need to use a yellow gem somewhere), another provides a multiplicative armor bonus(armor % equal to your block %, so generally 20-26 or so). Then in skills you have a Law that provides a permanent bonus to all resists and can be activated to double that for 5secs and also provide either flat armor, immunity to CC, life on hit etc, it's kinda like Warcry with the resist rune but better I believe.

I haven't checked it out yet but there's also a lot of block related shit to make a block centric build. Skills that do damage based on your block amount(and weapon), and a wrath builder that increases block amount by 50% and does damage when you block with the buff on(well that's a rune but definitely one of the better runes, you can reflect 70%weap dmg in a 10y aoe on every block). 15% block passive plus block % on shield should lead to close to 50% block, and block amount should actually be fairly decent.

So overall they seem like the tankiest out of the 3 melees, however the damage output is very cooldown oriented, the spammable stuff with wrath is hard to sustain as you don't gain wrath very quickly even when using a builder, all of which do terrible damage, and the wrath spenders don't really do that much either. It's also likely you'll be using a 2H so your attackspeed is slow, making generating wrath slower. The good skills(beam, consecration, the jumping attack, the delayed explosion) all have 20 to 30secs cooldowns. So it's fairly burst heavy but once you're out of cds, damage feels fairly low.

Tenks

Found a good thing going on my barb now:

LMouse: Frenzy w/ Maniac
RMouse: HOTA w/ Smash

1: Seismic w/ Shattered
2: Battle w/ Marauder's
3: Overpower w/ Revel
4: Revenge w/ Best Served Cold

p1: Weapon Master
p2: Brawler
p3: Nerves of Steel

Just basically play as you'd expect the build to play out. Stack frenzy, clear rage w/ HOTA. If you have spare rage and walk into a clumped pack then Seismic them. OP/Revenge when available. Honestly it is probably more boring than WW/Sprint which is the exact opposite effect Blizzard was going for.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Barbs take 30% less damage than crusaders. Yes, that retarded division still exists and crusaders got put into the other one.

Unrelated: something I haven't seen discussed here(or anywhere) since I think they were just added, cursed shrines. Really fun shit, you find a glowing red shrine and click it to start an event. You get waves of monsters and have to kill them before the timer runs out(it resets each wave). How many waves you do determines how many resplendent chests you get.

Oh, and someone at Blizzard thinks they're funny. The checkbox to automatically skip cutscenes unchecks itself everytime you restart the game.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Barbs take 30% less damage than crusaders. Yes, that retarded division still exists and crusaders got put into the other one.
Oh that's interesting, I assumed they were the same as Barb and Monk and were getting the 30% too, but just checked and yeah, they're not getting it, so I guess it makes a huge difference and explains why the passives and shit look better. So I guess geared if you spec for it yeah barbs will tank better.

Crone

Hit me up on Crone#1894 if anyone wants power leveling.

Just running through Keep level 2 on my WD.
smile.png

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Oh that's interesting, I assumed they were the same as Barb and Monk and were getting the 30% too, but just checked and yeah, they're not getting it, so I guess it makes a huge difference and explains why the passives and shit look better. So I guess geared if you spec for it yeah barbs will tank better.
Eh still pumped to play em sounds oike he"ll at least outclass barb in damage.

Thanks for the input and keep us guys up to date. The demonhunter changes look nice too.

Tenks

So does only your follower currently equipped have it's items moved over? My scoundrel has no gear but my Templar has it all

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Eh still pumped to play em sounds oike he"ll at least outclass barb in damage.

Thanks for the input and keep us guys up to date. The demonhunter changes look nice too.
Well I don't think I'll play the beta much, it's not my account for one and I don't really care much about playing it atm as it's gonna be just farming which is easy to burn out on for me. I played the class a bit and overall I like it quite a lot, more so than I liked Barb(but only played it on vanilla and only to like lvl 40 or something), it's kinda like a tank mage mix, the aoes are powerful and look nice, it has long range attacks as well as melee attacks(more than just thrown weapon I mean). That said I'm tempted to go Monk or WD instead, or maybe Wiz. DH and Barb I have little interest in, played DH at launch and I don't think I wanna play it ever again. WD has some pretty cool new stuff and it seems you can do some serious pet builds too, not optimal for farming cause well they're pets so they're stupid, but pretty fun to play for a bit and you can switch to pure aoe builds and shit, lots of interesting stuff there.

Tenks

Barbs must be pretty weak because my Wizard is pretty shit geared and doing pretty decent.

Tenks

Alright I switched up to a more defensive build to better success on my barb. Basically I removed my OH EF and added a decently rolled SS. Since I wasn't having issues with trash I changed my defensive passive into Superstition instead of an armor granting one. Still using Weapon Master and Brawler as my other two passives. I also added Threatening Shout to help me generate a bit of Fury and w/ Grim Harvest it is raining rares with the new Loot 2.0 drop tables. I just killed Azmodan on Master no sweat. I also changed Rend over to the one that heals 0.50% your HP per target hit and starting to worry about stacking Vitality to get the most out of that skill.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Well I don't think I'll play the beta much, it's not my account for one and I don't really care much about playing it atm as it's gonna be just farming which is easy to burn out on for me. I played the class a bit and overall I like it quite a lot, more so than I liked Barb(but only played it on vanilla and only to like lvl 40 or something), it's kinda like a tank mage mix, the aoes are powerful and look nice, it has long range attacks as well as melee attacks(more than just thrown weapon I mean). That said I'm tempted to go Monk or WD instead, or maybe Wiz. DH and Barb I have little interest in, played DH at launch and I don't think I wanna play it ever again. WD has some pretty cool new stuff and it seems you can do some serious pet builds too, not optimal for farming cause well they're pets so they're stupid, but pretty fun to play for a bit and you can switch to pure aoe builds and shit, lots of interesting stuff there.
played WD on console and ya they are gross.

Crone

Just PLed a wizard friend of mine, and building a CM set off the AH now for him. Watched a few videos, and being able to keep everything frozen is so powerful. Can easily just farm MP10 all day long. haha

Looks really fun, can't wait to combine it with my WD!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Kinda a dick thing to do to your friend, if he spent a lot of gold. You know that passive is being outright removed, right?

Tenks

Should have told him to spend a bunch of real life money to buy gold and build an MP10 WW barb while he's at it

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Kinda a dick thing to do to your friend, if he spent a lot of gold. You know that passive is being outright removed, right?
Well expansion isn't for several months, and CM gear isn't too specific, it's just high crit and attackspeed, so it works with any build really. A lifesteal Skorn for an Archon build I think would be a lot more useless than most of the stuff you buy for CM. Regardless all your gear besides a good mempo will be mostly useless by lvl 68 anyway, and you could probably get to 70 naked with just a weapon equipped in normal mode, so yeah.