Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I haven't specifically checked but I'm pretty sure the PTR kills CM. Assuming that arrives on live servers in the next month or so.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I haven't specifically checked but I'm pretty sure the PTR kills CM. Assuming that arrives on live servers in the next month or so.
Well same thing really, the gear is still fairly good gear for any build, and there aren't any specific wiz build since both the current ones are getting removed(Archon won't have duration increase anymore and CM is removed). Also the legendary belt that most wiz were using last RoS patch was nerfed so yeah it's just people playing old school wiz and shit, which the gear works fine for. And I don't see them patching live servers with 2.0 before AH removal, which will probably be like the week before RoS. Maybe they will but regearing yourself with loot 2.0 AND AH is gonna be easy as all fuck anyway.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Was pissed when playing on ptr initially about WW barb being killed off but it's still viable imo but it's less about running around gathering up mobs and using tornados than it is about pulling them to you and cleaving.

Running cleave + explosion rune on lmb, whirlwind with vortex rune on rmb and then revenge to replace sprint, something, war cry, berserker.....I run around and get a boatload of agro, use whirlwind on whatever is close to me as a fury dump and pull in the other mobs, cleave to generate, ww to dump, rinse and repeat. With beserker on a lower cooldown I just pop it once I've pulled in a shitload of mobs and then it's just alternate between fury states until everything is dead. After running hardcore monk with a wd friend and using the suck-in move with the monk and then seeing the rape from the wd aoe I'd say it would be a similar situation with a WW barb playing this style. It's less fun for sure but it's still getting me through master on ptr fine.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Kinda a dick thing to do to your friend, if he spent a lot of gold. You know that passive is being outright removed, right?
Well, we haven't spent any, and it'd be my gold anyway.

I realize this is all pointless when the expansion hits anyway, but I long since quit waiting for expansions, or the next big thing. I'll have fun now, and roll with the changes/punches later as they come.

Probably will create an MP10 WW Barb as well, because those are fun too!!

Don't hate.

Edit: and golds pretty much useless come the expansion, so why save it?

Edit again, sorry: I guess I should follow up with what build would you use then for a wizard? Pyros said Archon is done. CM is done. So just build random junk and go old school kiting and killing as you go?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well the expansion has a new passive that generates absorb shield as you kill mobs and stacks so most builds use that to actually survive, and then it's a bit of whatever. There doesn't seem to be one dominant build(there was a legendary with explosive blast no cd on it that everyone used but it was removed) and you pick more like what you wanna do and it works because stuff seems a lot more balanced at least, even though there's still bugs or broken mechanics(spectral blade fire thingie stacking forever so you can get like 300stacks then one shot shit with fire spells). Illusionist is a lot better since it procs not per hit but per damage over .5secs now(so it can proc off multiple hits in a short window that totals 15% of your health) and also gives you movespeed, the signature all have new interesting mechanics, black hole is a great spell for aoeing and controlling shit at the same time, meteor and arcane orb are very nice now that they each have specific elements so they work in tandem with certain legendaries for thematic elemental builds(or if you use tal rasha there's a build that relies on using all the elements to proc free meteors constantly). It looks a lot better and more in line with what I assume was the original plan of the class, making elemental builds and shit.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm surprised they left APOC gear intact after nerfing essentially the same thing for barbs. They even added similar skills for other classes during the beta(marked for death rune and MoC rune) and then removed them. Why do wizards gets to keep this?

Flight

Molten Core Raider
you could probably get to 70 naked with just a weapon equipped in normal mode, so yeah.

1. In 2.0 is there any difference in the mob levels of areas in the different difficulties or does each difficulty run lvl 1 - 70 ?

2. Is there any difference in the quality or quantity of item drops in the different difficulties (other than the higher level gems listed on the game difficulty screen and xp/gold/bounty currency ) ?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Mob level scales with your level, nothing else. Torment unlocks at 70.

Don't think so. Higher difficulties give the listed rewards.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There used to be higher magic find/more chances to drop legendaries in higher difficulties in the previous RoS patch, but apparently they removed magic find as a stat entirely(I don't remember finding a single item with the stat, it's not tied to difficulty, the paragon magic find was replaced by gold find etc). I assume they just want the item drop chances to be normalized with 2.0 loot so it's unlikely these are coming back.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I perceived that as their way of mitigating item swapping since NV is gone. Still doesn't address skill changes for bosses, but I don't think anyone is going to be farming bosses, so they probably don't care.

Unrelated: new soul harvest really sucks. 2% INT per enemy harvested up to 10%? Really underwhelming. Some of the runes are good, like the damage one and the max mana one. But I'd only take the skill if I was playing a build that facilitated getting close. And even then, would be the first one to go.

I am liking a DOT build though. Locusts, haunt, spider queen, grasp of the dead, more dots more dots!

Wonder how this interacts with the new passive that extends their duration to 5 minutes:

6 pieces: [Soul Harvest consumes your damage over time effects on enemies, instantly dealing their remaining damage.]

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
If anyone thinks they are going to release 2.0 before the AH closes, they are a bit naive I think. It's probably going to come out as a part of marketing push for the expansion. Besides, the last patch sat on PTR for like 3 months, right ?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
There used to be higher magic find/more chances to drop legendaries in higher difficulties in the previous RoS patch, but apparently they removed magic find as a stat entirely(I don't remember finding a single item with the stat, it's not tied to difficulty, the paragon magic find was replaced by gold find etc). I assume they just want the item drop chances to be normalized with 2.0 loot so it's unlikely these are coming back.
From what I understand MF has no bearing on finding sets and legendaries in 2.0. It only matters for blues and yellows.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
On Soul Harvest, you have to remember that while 2% sucks with current values, the lvl 70values are pretty fucking big so it still adds a fuckton. Granted obviously not as much but it also makes the skill less mandatory this way, as otherwise the damage boost for a single skill was too big that you would never build a WD without it, which is an issue for build diversity and they've been trying to work on that.

As for the consume dot thing, it's probably bugged currently, the same way splash is. Splash lets you splash for x% of your damage right, but currently if you use it with Haunt for example and the 5mins duration dot passive, it splashes for x% of the TOTAL of your dot value for that extended duration. So basically it splashes for like 500millions damage, which is pretty hilarious. Can expect this to be changed. I assume the legendary will be reworded to say "consume and inflict damage based on the BASE duration". Or they might just remove the passive and add something else for dots, like refresh duration of existing dots anytime you hit it with a spell directly or whatever, so you'd get permanent dots if you just spam toads or whatever on the mob without actually changing their total duration.

Bruman

Golden Squire
MF pretty much nuked from orbit officially (not that we haven't seen it coming):Magic Find on PTR - Forums - Diablo III

Travis Day_sl said:
Hello folks,

It's been a while, I've been off in Treasure Goblin land trying to get Reaper of Souls into shape. I wanted to stop by to give everyone some insight into what we are doing with Magic Find. For those of you who have heard me talk on the topic before you are probably already aware that MF is something we haven't been thrilled with for quite a while. The idea of MF is great "GET ALL THE THINGS!" the reality of it however is incredibly problematic and leads to more negative effects than positive ones. Getting the reward rate of the game to a place we are happy with is a difficult tuning process and when we try to add MF into the equation is creates a bit of a dilemma, one that was already pointed out in the thread, how do you balance the game to feel good for someone with 0% MF vs someone with 300% MF. Ultimately the answer to that question is "You can't" as such we have been trying to phase MF out of the game as much as possible.

In addition to changing exactly how MF interacts with finding items we also have dramatically reduced it's existence throughout the game. Having strong characters already equates into finding more items, both by virtue of killing things faster and also by virtue of playing in higher difficulties, which still do have rewards associated with them. Because of all of this we decided to not only remove MF as an affix from gear but also change exactly how MF interacts with different item qualities. MF will apply 100% of its benefit to Blue items, 30% to Yellow items, and 10% to Legendary and Set items. This means someone with 300% MF will end up finding roughly 30% more Legendary and Set items than someone with 0%. The design intent is to make things like Topaz gems in helmets or the Nagel Ring an option without them actually being mandatory.

I hope this helps clear the air and as the expansion moves further and further into its development cycle I'll start climbing out of this portal more frequently to answer questions.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
It seems like they should just actually get rid of MF. This is just going to turn MF on items into another pointless stat. Unless they took it off items entirely and it's just paragon now? Except you guys were saying it is gone from paragon even.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Future loot won't drop with MF on it. They are just deprecating it basically.
Actually he mentionned Nagel Ring and I did find one while I was leveling and it still has MF, didn't remember that, so yeah they're keeping it but in very limited sources, the gem in helm, that ring, maybe another legendary or two, but that'll be it. I guess it's a slightly better position where you can pick wether or not you get max MF or no MF easily, instead of having to find perfect rolled legendaries that have double stats+crit+attackspeed and then MF as a secondary, and by limiting the sources it's easier to balance. If the maximum amount of MF you can get is say 50%, well that's fine to balance with. I guess they could have done it with a lower cap on MF instead though, or by completely removing it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Been messing around with each class on the PTR, been liking the barb the most so far.

Leap - whatever
Ground Stomp - Wrenching Smash
Overpower - Storm of Steel
Whirlwind - Hurricane
Bash - Onslaught(use whatever fury builder you want here, or maybe even a different skill)
Rend - Ravage

Small pack? Leap in, rend and move on.
Large pack? Leap in, stomp, rend, move on.
Large spread out pack with ranged? Leap in, whirlwind long enough to pull everyone in, stomp, rend, move on.

Stick around on the larger packs and fury build the big guys or toss some axes(overpower) in their faces. I think the Storm of Steel rune is hilariously underrated. The wording doesn't specify but if there are less than 3 enemies, it will still toss out three axes. So in a single target or elite pack situation, overpower most of the time will take a decent amount of health immediately. With some crit and CDR gear, leap/stomp/overpower will be up probably sooner than you need them.

Note, I'm still leveling the barb up, but it's a very fun build. Only thing I miss is the insane move speed. I do NOT miss the frantic pace required on old WW barbs. Gotta keep moving or Berserker will expire. Leap makes up for that a bit.

I'm having trouble understanding why any class that can DW(not 1H/OH) would actually want to. With current WW barbs, there's a rage generation advantage that's basically gone. You will swing fury builders faster, sure, but you want to use those as few as possible. You'll get two cool legendaries instead of one 2H, but I really can't think of anything else.

Lastly, the barb passives seem kinda 'meh' now. Got to level 10 and just though "I don't want either of these". Weapon master is good, but it's still boring. Ruthless was redesigned with a big neon sign saying "USE THIS FOR BOSSES ONLY". Unless higher level torment is guaranteed to be a slogfest no matter the gear level. Right now, I'm looking at brawler, animosity, and weapon master. And that's still kinda boring. The 60+ one that rewards 20 rage on block is kinda funny. Is there not a lot of block% gear? Otherwise, that looks overpowered.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I've leveled a DH and Wiz from scratch on the PTR and so far Wiz is way more interesting. Not sure if its a bug or not, but arcane torrent + magic weapon/deflection = massive shield.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, DH they didn't do much to change. It's still basically the same skills except tweaked a bit. It might even be worse since the DH's best current endgame builds all relied on medium to heavy usage of gloom.

I tried a wiz and gave up around level 30. I still found myself using disintegrate for the fastest killing which is zzzzzzzzz. I'm honestly not sure what they changed besides just disabling their two most powerful builds. Maybe black hole will be game changer that's needed for the class. Otherwise, feels kinda fragile. And slow! Wizards need some ways to get around fast.