Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

ex-genj

Golden Squire
lol @ game out for 1.5 hours and no posts.

anyways yeah game looks good flawless launch so far going to bed fu jay wilson.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I might hop back to playing, leveled a Monk to 60 about 3 weeks ago but currently playing Dark Souls 1 in prep for DS2. Hard to split time between games but If I hop on and ask for a Clan invite let me in!

Silence_sl

shitlord
Only L65 so far. Up about 110k HPS and...uh...1.7 million toughness. DPS has taken it in the pooper (down 40k), but so far worth it.

Juvarisx

Florida
Up to 68 at Torment 1, and trying very hard to stay there solo but man do a lot of these monsters hurt even with 2.4 mill toughness. Clearing everything including all side Areas including 2 follower quests I am JUST starting Blood Marshes, so its defiantly possible to hit 70 long before the last boss.

Whoever designed the musical score for this did a brilliant job in Westmarch anyways.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
First Purple named monster I come across? FOHSGRAVE

That can't just be random right? I cracked up.

Column_sl

shitlord
Up to 68 at Torment 1, and trying very hard to stay there solo but man do a lot of these monsters hurt even with 2.4 mill toughness. Clearing everything including all side Areas including 2 follower quests I am JUST starting Blood Marshes, so its defiantly possible to hit 70 long before the last boss.

Whoever designed the musical score for this did a brilliant job in Westmarch anyways.
How is this possible??? I'm at level 67,and im doing the game on torment 4 on my WD, and it's not that tough so far.

If I ramp down to torment 1, it's almost childish...

Also within my first hour of playing I already found a spot that spawns endless mobs that continually come for you, and based off what Torment level you are on you can set up a macro on a programmable keyboard to farm paragon offline.
And it's all within the rules of there game so they can't even ban you because technically its not a bot.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
So I thought I wouldn't be able to play til even tomorrow, but I woke up in the middle of the night with a bout of insomnia so I thought, fuck it, why not log in for a while. I also took the time to turn on voices (I often listen to podcasts or youtube while playing so I turn off voice audio) and enabled the cinematics too, at least for the first round. I also chatted to everyone who had an asterisk over their heads. I did not get too far as I wanted to explore every nook and crany. I only finnished the first zone outside of the new town (Westfold, or Westmarch or whatever the fuck it was called), but by killing everything I found and going into every dungeon that opened up I still managed to ding 63 on T1 by the time I reached the checkpoint and logged out.

I found three upgrades, a legendary bracer that summons a unique monster whenever you activate a shrine (could be interesting), a pair of yellow pants that were a full replacement for my legendary pants and a yellow weapon that also replaced a legendary. (Trash loot replacing highest tier stuff after an expansion in a Blizzard game? Say it ain't so! lol)

I did notice that after lvl62 some of the mobs started to hit hard. Twice I just managed to get away with a few % health (yeah, I am on SC mode, but I have PoR that I don't want to loose). There was almost nothing that could kill me on T1 in the previous acts so this was a pleasant surprise, and possibly a nasty surprise for some folks playing HC and not paying attention, so take care, the game does get harder.

Overall, from what I have experience so far, not bad. Can't wait to finish the act though and try out both Adventure mode and the Nephilim Rifts.

Column_sl

shitlord
It's not that the mobs are hitting harder it's that the mobs have allot of large damage specials that can be avoided by watching there animations.

And the other thing is most of them spawn packs after they are killed that also do crazy shit .So if you are melee it must be a gigantic pain in the ass.

Forbin_sl

shitlord
About the ending after you kill the last boss....

Are they setting up a second D3 expansion by saying diablo is free, or is that just so hes around for D4

Elerion

N00b
Hit 66 in a couple of hours before work, even listening to all the dialogue and stuff. Started out on Master, dropped it to Hard at 65 (I'm on HC). Even on Hard, the first boss (fire dude) was taking 50% of my monk's HP with his flamethrower, at level 65.

Haven't found any real upgrades yet.

Column_sl

shitlord
LOL there must be so many people crying right now for HC. This expansion is nothing like the base game, there are so many ways to just die instantly due to cheese ball mechanics.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
Sucked having to go to work this morning, I wanna keep smashing on my crusader. Got to 27 at least. I literally jumped with glee when I threw my first blessed hammer in about 11 or so years though. Looked and felt amazing, I really dig the class so far =) Hope it holds up to end game

On another note, anyone got some cool lvl 70 profiles to look at? Would like to see some new items found, preferably crusaders as I expect them to start plopping up by now

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
No problems last night at all. Made a Crusader, played for about 2 hours. Really looking forward to seeing how the Mystic works and rerolling items.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Speaking of the mystic, how do you recruit her? Is it via an event (act 5?) as with the BS in act 1 and Shen in act 2?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Only got to play for an hour so rolled a crusader. Feels fun so far. I'm not sure which is going to be better: 1h + shield, 2h, or 2h + shield.