Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Speaking of the mystic, how do you recruit her? Is it via an event (act 5?) as with the BS in act 1 and Shen in act 2?
Yes. Early on she comes in and follows you around, after that she follows you a bit more, then heads back into town and is in your camp. I haven't gone back to act1/2/3 to see where she sets up shop. I've not tried to reroll anything or even transmog, but I did notice that when I found a rather unique looking legendary after setting up the mystic that a large copy of the picture popped up with "New Transmog available!" string attached.

I don't know what it was, but t1 at ~64 was fucking crushing me in westmarch. The king event was an entire fiasco. 60-61 wasn't bad, 62 it got noticable, 63 was definitely something, and 64 it was finally "Fuck it, I'm going back to master to just plow through the story". I found two items with +Firebats and a new legendary sword that was +500 dps, but my damage still seems like shit.

What's the new WD hotness build with Piranhas? I'm still using the massive pet+zombie tauntwall+channel bats, and it doesn't seem like it's as "quick" as I'd like to kill things.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Yeah my first playthrough of Diablo3 I almost had to smile with how completely obvious it was ZK was going to betray you. I felt it was so in-your-face obvious thatsomethingdifferent was going to happen. But nope. Just straight up betrays you.
Eh I might remember it wrong (or shitty writing) but does he betray you? I mean he's not nice, and written like kid cartoon, but he keeps his end of the bargain while repeatedly pointing out that humans are getting shafted and lied to by both other sides. He reveals the soulstone, notices it has been tampered with while he was dead and before he can explain the situation and resolve it in a peaceful manner the player character goes into "Die die die" mode.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Thanks for the info on the mystic, will look out for her. I too am running the same WD build. Loved it, but as with you at 63 I'm noticing that it's taking a lot longer to kill things, even whites. Might just be that my paperdoll dps isn't keeping up with mob health, in spite of a couple of upgrades.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Played a Crusader up to 22 last night. Fun class. How are you guys building him?

There are a lot of Crusader builds that draw enemies together in a group. Builds should be interesting.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I take it getting to 70 takes no time at all? I played for 10 minutes before I left for work this morning and I hit 61 before reaching westmarch on t1.

Also, if you avoid the official forums/website, which I'm sure many do, you may have missed the new carbots video, dude is hilarious.

by Carbot Animations - Diablo III

Needless

Toe Sucker
LOL there must be so many people crying right now for HC. This expansion is nothing like the base game, there are so many ways to just die instantly due to cheese ball mechanics.
What do you mean? I only started a crusader and got him to half way through act 2/level 30 last night before i passed out lol
Looking forward to act 5 though when i get there tonight after work!

My work day will now consist of coming up with a build! my currently level 30 build isCrusader - Game Guide - Diablo IIIwhich seems to be working out so far. I wish the steed was 10 seconds instead of 20
frown.png
.. hell i kind of wish all his abilities were 10 instead of 20. I can see stacking reduced cooldown affixes on him later on, some of those abilities given a smaller cooldown would be extremely good

--

^ post a SS of it Wakandan, gimme that blessed blade goodness!

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
They really shit the bed on crafting. Costs are just WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too prohibitive. Sorry you got a nice weapon that doesn't have a socket, just throw every single legendary you get at it and hope some day you get a socket.

Oh you want to craft these legendary bracers you got? You need a white bracer, a ton of blue dust and yellow crystals, a death's breath (which aren't common enough), 2 forgotten soul, and this random legendary item you'll get somewhere in the world specifically for this item. You better sure as fuck hope it rolls the 4 properties you want, because you can only reroll 1, and to do that will take you even more legendary shit.

So basically, you're fucked. You're never going to actually craft anything that's an upgrade because you're never going to have the materials to craft. The grind is worse than fucking ever.

Oh, and you don't get shit for gold from doing anything, so I hope you came in to the expansion with gold.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Took my time and tried to enjoy the first playthrough as much as possible (listening to all the NPC dialogue, chatting with everyone in town, etc). Hit 70 around 5 hours in. I've mostly upgraded every slot, but that only JUST happened when I hit 70.

Silhouette - Community - Diablo III

I can pretty safely/quickly do torment 1 with this build. Blackhole just perfectly rounds out the wizard, especially when using frozen orb. The nephalum rifts are pretty neat. They're loaded with rares and elites. If you cherry pick bounties you can collect 5 rift shards pretty quickly.

Edit: Re: Crafting - Playing on torment yields a lot more Death's Breaths than the lower difficulties. I felt like 4/5 elite packs (not purples) dropped one. Save one of each level 70 white armor/weapon you find and use 2-3 rows of your new stash tab to store them (if you know you won't ever use a 2h or bow you can easily just use 2 rows). Don't forget there's a gambling system that is more or less crafting, though I don't know if it always gives you stats appropriate to your class (I bought 5ish items and they were all int on my wiz).

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Also, fuck playing melee at level 70 if you want to play torment 1+. My Monk has 300k hp, 3m toughtness, 900 resists, and dies in under a second to shit like any type of stun + fire chains + a ton of different mob types. Guess I have to take every defensive passive. Up to 4.7m toughness, bet I still get raped

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Obs! you mother fucker, complain all the time about drops and you land a level 70 thunderfury?! Lucky fucker indeed.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Also, fuck playing melee at level 70 if you want to play torment 1+. My Monk has 300k hp, 3m toughtness, 900 resists, and dies in under a second to shit like any type of stun + fire chains + a ton of different mob types. Guess I have to take every defensive passive. Up to 4.7m toughness, bet I still get raped
Yeah, I had to dial back the difficulty as I went up in level as a monk. I think I ended up at 67 or 68 when Malthiel died.

Hurray for Marquis gems dropping all the time, that's pretty fantastic. No non-gem upgrades yet, though.

Expansion seems good, though it could probably use some tuning.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm curious how Epiphany's fire rune will interact with other monk skills. All the description says is it adds 353% fire damage to all monk attacks. Single target? AE? And is it every attack? And does each attack get the full bonus or is it scaled by the proc coefficient?

If you get a full suit of CDR gear(think it would be 50% cap) + Beacon of Ytar, you could get the cooldown to 18s, which means up pretty much all the time. If it interacts with FoF such that the regular attack + holy dot both get 353% * proc coefficient, that's a ton of extra damage.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
What do you mean? I only started a crusader and got him to half way through act 2/level 30 last night before i passed out lol
Looking forward to act 5 though when i get there tonight after work!

My work day will now consist of coming up with a build! my currently level 30 build isCrusader - Game Guide - Diablo IIIwhich seems to be working out so far. I wish the steed was 10 seconds instead of 20
frown.png
.. hell i kind of wish all his abilities were 10 instead of 20. I can see stacking reduced cooldown affixes on him later on, some of those abilities given a smaller cooldown would be extremely good

--

^ post a SS of it Wakandan, gimme that blessed blade goodness!
All your abilities do Lightning Damage, and you passive heals you on holy damage. Just an FYI!