Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Adria I've been able to just facetank on t1 by running high loh/regen and a good coefficient skill + defense cooldowns. Her damage just isn't high enough really and you can just beat her with math. Even wizard can afk-spam spectral blades/shielding rune and rotate diamond skin/teleport safe passage and not have to do anything else.

I haven't tried Malthael yet with a melee, but it seems...daunting.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
So how are crusaders for farming? Mine is only level 20 but plan on leveling him to 70 tomorrow.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
A monk friend of mine found that out too. Once I ding 70, me and another WD friend are going to go all out pet build, then team up with our two monk buddies to see how crazy that shit really is.
smile.png

Elerion

N00b
This expansion is really making me enjoy myself more and more. I actually feel like I'm playing a Diablo game now. It took them a bit of time but it feels so good right now.

Currentlythis build I have on my monkis pretty much pure group support and it's proven to be amazing. I can do T2 fairly comfortably, T3 is a bit more difficult as my DPS isn't as high as it could be but it's not too terrible.

Here's what my stats look like in game

vM84eQr.png

• Blinding Flash runed to Blind mobs for 6 seconds, helps a lot with big mobs with slow animations as well as using it to save people in the group
  • Cyclone Strike range increased to 34 to pull everything in sight
  • Mantra of Conviction runed so mobs take an extra 24% damage from everything
  • Spirit Ally so I can use it every 20ish seconds to gain 100 spirit to continue spamming Cyclone Strike
  • Crippling Wave used so enemies take another 20% damage on the 3rd hit from everything
  • Serenity runed to buff allys so they gain a shield that redirects 100k damage from them to me.

• Chant of Resonance so my Mantras cost far less (also gives me more spirit regen)
  • Beacon of Ytar fo CD Reduction
  • Seize the Initiative gives me 30% armor for how much dex I have
  • One with Everything for max resist all

This build is built pretty much to be in the middle of everything as a party monk. 13m toughness with 1400 resist all basically means I can stand in anything the game has to throw at me in Torment 1.
My cooldown reduction is currently up to 33.67% making it so my blinding flash is only a 10 second cooldown as well as my Spirit Ally is only a 20 second cooldown. I rely on my Spirit ally quite a lot because it basically gives me full spirit to continue spamming my pull, plus the extra passive spirit regen. Depending on the group I switch out my Blinding Flash to give me more damage briefly, or I'll totally switch it to Breath of Heaven with the rune that damages, since I have a bit of +holy damage. Again, this build is meant to be tanky so my damage suffered a tiny bit, but it's still pretty high.

My gear has some good synergies as well at the moment.
My ring + Shield combo is fantastic as well as my Chest + Belt.

I just wanted to share this build because it's been pretty ezmode for me so far. I would love to hear opinions on it/what you would do differently.
My current go-to builds for HC:
Group Tank - Easy Content (gotta go fast!):
Monk - Game Guide - Diablo III

Basically just set up to speed through the map with the group and kill everything ASAP. Run / Dashing Strike between groups, Cyclone Strike, hit once or twice, move on. I don't have a good elemental set at 70 yet, so the elements are all over the place.

Group Tank - Hard Content:
Monk - Game Guide - Diablo III

Same playstyle, but slower, as stuff dies slower and movespeed is less important. More survivability through Mantra and added Dashing Strike uses. Sweeping Winds gets dropped in favor of EP-TFIW for 20% damage boost on elites. Maybe Chant of Resonance should replace Transcendence, haven't had time to test it much yet. Explosion is pretty good at higher difficulties too, as it's based on monster HP.

Solo builds are a lot more tailored to what exactly I'm farming.

So how are crusaders for farming? Mine is only level 20 but plan on leveling him to 70 tomorrow.
they are pretty much designed to run into a group of as many mobs as you can round up and then all beat them down with hammers, so pretty good
single target is a bit lacking iirc but you do have ranged options

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I got my Crusader into my mid 40s last night. Limitless Blessed Hammers is still boss. That fissure rune for fist of heavens doesn't do it for me. It's a pain in the ass. Hammers is so much better. Going full block though with passives and return damage on block. I think my actives right now are Fall from Heaven with the rune that spawns two avatars, Bowmen, AS Law, and whatever that pillar attack is.

I also hate Act 2 with a passion. It never fails that I end up wandering the fucking desert looking for the dungeon entrances. All the fucking time. Doesn't help that I had to leave mid way through because my daughter woke up.

Still can't find decent gear though. Keep getting shitty legendary weapons, and the only two legendaries I got last night were the same ring.

Crusader is so good though. Can't wait to hit 70 and start farming him up.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Monks make some WD friends asap. The self buff from the Unity passive counts every WD pet, even the little fetish dudes.

Y5mKthl.jpg
LOL

It also works with Mystic Ally, Tyrael in Act 4, and the legendary weapons that proc dumbfire helpers like Skycutter.

Juvarisx

Florida
So i was looking around on Reddit, there is specific legendary items that ONLY drop from the Horardric Caches from bounties, and whats more eact act of bounties have different items. Example is the gloves that increase shrine effects only come from caches on act 2 or act 4.

Link:Adventure Mode - Horadric Caches Bags Legendary Rewards - DiabloHub

List is not complete yet, act 4 bounty bag can drop any legendary from that list, others are act dependant

Needless

Toe Sucker
I don't get why they didn't make at least one generator a significant single target dps skill.. crusaders are all aoe with really bad single dps :\
He's fun but probably one of the weakest classes dps wise by far

I'll probably try switching to a more defensive build or something to see how that fairs.
Based - Community - Diablo IIIis okay, but I think i need to find a better build now that i'm close to max level lol

I think swapping steed for bombardment alone would probably make a big difference. However i'm quite curious about going full block skills with the Punish / Retaliate generator.

---

Edit: That adventure mode legendary list is cool, I ended up getting the skeleton king shoulders last night. Nice to see there are a lot of them as rewards that are actually really good
Nice to know that those bracers that deal 1000% of your thorn damage to enemies is from adventure mode, i really liked the idea of a thorn/iron maiden crusader lol

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i did whole 0 -70 with crusader in t1 (was 60 when i killed diabloe). Actually when i dinged 60, i switched to t2, but then after 20 min on urzael, and dieing at 5%.. switched back to t1 and cleared up without much problems.
Yeah after 15 minutes on Urzael on T1 and dying at about the same percentage, I didn't want to go through that again so just dropped it to Master. Then whoever I was with (not in RER but friended me so they must post here) was like, "you should change your skills" which is something I still always forget I can do whenever I want.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
So what damage rating seems decent enough to move into torment on the crusader? Feels way too slow at the moment at to be worth slogging through at 220k~

Needless

Toe Sucker
That weapon is sick, given you have that.. it triggers it to explode 4 times.. and you rune it with "Eternal Retaliation" (each mob the explosion hits causes the CD to reduce by 1 second), it should be virtually spammable with the 3 second start up time in between no?

That sounds extremely nice for groups of 4+ lol

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Am I correct in thinking you can only reroll one affix on an item? I understand you can reroll that one as many times as you'd like, but it wouldn't be possible to reroll a primary affix and then a secondary affix?

I got a perfect 20% fire increase 30% elite increase soj right after 2.0 started, but it rolled barb stats, it would be nice if I could change the str to dex and fury to disc, but I figure it'll still be worth using even without the disc.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What am I losing out on if I stop playing on Torment 1 as I go through Act 5 (besides Deathwing making fun of me)? Nothing? Even at level 70?

The one thing I keep reading is that you should be on T1 at least for the end boss for a guaranteed (or better?) chance at a set item, but is that it?