Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I couldn't agree more with those posts about the game. My brother bought the game on his 360 and I watched him play a bit at console launch and the fact that he found legs while running acts floored me. This was before the 2.0 patch but still, he was able to create a badass character without using an AH and TRADING (I think - via his other friends, gold and items). I still love the game but trading should be in the game in my opinion - without question.
I think at some point they will have to realize they went overboard with the BoA bullshit and have to back off or remove some of it, either that or up to drop rate more to compensate. The gold sinks are way the fuck out of alignment but hey a small % of our playerbase has billions of gold.

Sadly though the quicker they speed up the item hunt the faster people will stop playing I am afraid. D3 has still very shallow game design and end game, there is no need to reroll to try different builds like in D2. There is currently no ladder or season resets, and even if they added one they would need some incentive to play on it. With WoW designed main stat issue everything comes down to +gooder.. The fact the legendaries can just roll higher +gooder is the only reason to want some of them because outside of a few most have bland bullshit stats that don't change gameplay at all.

Nadiar

Silver Knight of the Realm
I couldn't agree more with those posts about the game. My brother bought the game on his 360 and I watched him play a bit at console launch and the fact that he found legs while running acts floored me. This was before the 2.0 patch but still, he was able to create a badass character without using an AH and TRADING (I think - via his other friends, gold and items). I still love the game but trading should be in the game in my opinion - without question.
The best part about the console version is cheating.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's like they can't really understand people. Is it so hard to believe we would like the system we had in D2? You traded with people for what you wanted. It was a self-sustained community and it was awesome. Sure, there were dupes and hackers, but otherwise it was good. I hated having SOJ's (and then runes) as currency though.

Needless

Toe Sucker
That's not really the issue though, it's primarily an issue of 3rd party sales/trading.. which was huge in D2, and a huuuuge flux of scamming.
They want to reduce liabilities on their part.. thats really all there is to it. Which unfortunately, in the end completely kills a lot of multiplayer aspects of the game.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Any monks have a suggested build for taking on Malthael?

People have suggested beating him on T1 to get a chance at a set item drop. I'm still wearing primarily yellow gear so doubt I could do that solo. I've been doing Act 5 in a private game. To get the guaranteed legendary do I have to beat him in my private game or can I open it up to a public game and get some help?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Boy if yer mad after just a week of farming, go try that shit on Diablo 2 and tell me how fast you max out a char

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Any monks have a suggested build for taking on Malthael?

People have suggested beating him on T1 to get a chance at a set item drop. I'm still wearing primarily yellow gear so doubt I could do that solo. I've been doing Act 5 in a private game. To get the guaranteed legendary do I have to beat him in my private game or can I open it up to a public game and get some help?
Dashing Strike and Serenity are huge.

Explosivo_sl

shitlord
Boy if yer mad after just a week of farming, go try that shit on Diablo 2 and tell me how fast you max out a char
This.

Some of you need to chill the fuck out. "WHY AM I NOT GETTING A CONSTANT STREAM OF LEGENDARIES??" "WHY ARENT THEY ALL SIGNIFICANT UPGRADES??"

OK, you got the best items you can get in a week, then what? You either enjoy playing the game or you don't. If you got epic legendaries 24/7, the hunt would be meaningless and you'd be bored in a day.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah I am taking my time and enjoying it. I do wish they'd come out with a cow level though..

Wow. Such poopsock. Super DPS. Wow. Then you quit..

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Come on son. I played D2 for years, hell I was still playing it 2 years ago. Apple and oranges.

The people who 'poopsocked' are just bitching about the current problems of the game, because they already hit them. it has zero to do with wanting the best items RIGHT NOW, it's not even an argument. You will encounter the same problems down the road, next week, or the week after, but if no changes are being made, you will.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So I guess ironskin and thorns is mega broken. Crusaders with just a minor amount of gear are farming a dude in Torment 6 for billions of XP as a result.

Juvarisx

Florida
It's like they can't really understand people. Is it so hard to believe we would like the system we had in D2? You traded with people for what you wanted. It was a self-sustained community and it was awesome. Sure, there were dupes and hackers, but otherwise it was good. I hated having SOJ's (and then runes) as currency though.
I think they looked at what is happening / happened to Path of Exile and decided to go this route. RMT has butt fucked that game so hard some of the RMT companies are making more then the damn dev's of the game. I don't particularly love no trading but I have to remember its not the year 2000 when D2 came out. Way more people are on the net, there is way more ways to design websites that act liek an AH (see Path of Exile), and it just ruins the economy and it makes the dev's have to turn down the drop rate to almost zero.

As for Resplendent chests they are changing the drop rates to something better soon(tm)

Always legendarys (the recolored rares), are a byproduct of bumping the old generally unaltered ones to current level. Some of these used to be like for an example a level 19 legendary, and at 19 it would have been great. They probably should have just removed some from the pool, but they have mentioned that ladder will have specific ladder legendaries so hopefully you wont see the shit ones as much.

Nadiar

Silver Knight of the Realm
That's not really the issue though, it's primarily an issue of 3rd party sales/trading.. which was huge in D2, and a huuuuge flux of scamming.
They want to reduce liabilities on their part.. thats really all there is to it. Which unfortunately, in the end completely kills a lot of multiplayer aspects of the game.
The thing a lot of people didn't realize was that in D2, due to the lack of buyers, you could buy a full set of BIS for $5-10, even a few weeks after a ladder reset, even months before people were able to reliably dupe items.

As someone who had spent thousands of hours on D2, that kind of killed the game for me.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think the Diablo3 end-game issues could be solved via ladders and resets. Add some new legendaries per ladder season and some new crafting stuff. Make everyone start out virgin and let everyone just re-do the gear grind. I've been having a blast since the game came out but I know that will fade once I am down to getting 1-2 slots I need and it is frustrating to gear.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I think Pyros said he thought something was up with ironskin and thorns early on.
Na just with thorns, but it's apparently a normal mechanic, thorns scale off 1/4 of your main stat bonus. Ironskin thorns rune is however broken as all fuck, in various ways, including instantly killing other crusaders or yourself in certain conditions(aka don't group with other crusaders on HC if you play one). Even without being broken if you stack thorns and stand in poison and turn it on, it basically does millions of damage per "tick" so it rapes shit. I don't think you can kill other stuff as easily and there's the issue it's a 30secs cooldown for a 4(5?) secs effect. But I think a thorns build might be viable for farming shit higher than you, by stacking toughness and thorns on everything(basically get all vit/life%/all resist gear you can, other stats don't matter, enchant the secondary to a thorns roll, on every slot). Still relies on shit hitting you though, some mobs like prancing around instead of actually attacking so it does shit dmg against them.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah that's the thing, for Ironskin to work you need a mob that does ground shit like poison affixes, desecrator etc, or a boss like ghom which spams it all the time. That said afaik you can do it even without ironskin or being a crusader, as long as you make sure all your gear has thorns. Hell don't barbs have a talent that doubles your thorns? Cause that's like permanent ironskin, then you just get ignore pain to tank that shit and stand in the shit and kill it just the same.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah that's the thing, for Ironskin to work you need a mob that does ground shit like poison affixes, desecrator etc, or a boss like ghom which spams it all the time. That said afaik you can do it even without ironskin or being a crusader, as long as you make sure all your gear has thorns. Hell don't barbs have a talent that doubles your thorns? Cause that's like permanent ironskin, then you just get ignore pain to tank that shit and stand in the shit and kill it just the same.
+50% thorns. I already do something similar with Superstition where if a boss has a spammed elemental attack you basically get unlimited fury. I just stand in Ghom's poison the entire time and run limitless HOTA into him doing probably 8-10M DPS.