Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Actually, my build is mostly Holy other than Sweeping Wind, but it's hardcore mode so survivability is important and I didn't want to roll away from LoH. I'm currently using this with strongarm bracers for the damage increase alongside cyclone strike. CS also makes all the chest events you get while doing bounties trivial to complete.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...QS!XWUh!bbZccc
Why not something with utility then instead of SW - Cyclone? Maybe some stun bells or ltk-ss? I like how much damage FoF does, I hate how boring it feels killing stuff with a gen.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tried the Core run for about 45 minutes. Got 3 Legendaries but I ran it at T5. T6 just meant that I pretty much died on one hit, while T5 gave me better survivability. It does seem to work but it gets old. It makes the game different in that it is all about running around mobs and teleporting through the big group of little scorps. Got a descent chest piece with two items I broke down.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
So I'm releveling my DH that died, how exactly do guaranteed legendaries work now with the expansion? Do you still get them from every act boss? If so, do I want to wait til 70 to do any story mode at all?

Do the Act 1-4 bosses only drop them 1-69, perhaps? Or even 1-59? Hjalp!

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Correct, a1-4 bosses guaranteed legendary pre lvl 70 and a5 is always a guaranteed legendary(for first kill in a story mode clear).

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Correct, a1-4 bosses guaranteed legendary pre lvl 70 and a5 is always a guaranteed legendary(for first kill in a story mode clear).
I am not sure Diablo drops a legendary guaranteed if you are 61+ when you kill him - I screwed up taking my crusader through the story last week, and dinged 61 right before I hit Diablo, and that son of a bitch just shat out yellows.

Therage

Vyemm Raider
So how do I link profiles and such? I would like to get some feedback on the focus and direction of my DH if possible, but looking through the blizzard website i can figure out how the hell you link your character sheet. (I'm a nub I know -1's for me from everyone)

Senaiel

Silver Knight of the Realm
Log into diablo3.com with your bnet account. Make diablo your primary profile to see when you click the account. Link profile.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I am not sure Diablo drops a legendary guaranteed if you are 61+ when you kill him - I screwed up taking my crusader through the story last week, and dinged 61 right before I hit Diablo, and that son of a bitch just shat out yellows.
Correct. If you want maximum legendaries while leveling:

Butcher, Belial, Azmodan < 60
Diablo = 60
Malthael > 60

Though, I've preferred just leveling in adventure mode.

Does +holy damage effect Mystic Ally (Air Ally)?
I guess? Why does it matter? Your ally is such a small portion of your dps.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Correct. If you want maximum legendaries while leveling:

Butcher, Belial, Azmodan < 60
Diablo = 60
Malthael > 60

Though, I've preferred just leveling in adventure mode?
Yeah, Im leveling in adventure mode. Super fast, just strafing through rifts. Just wondered when I should pop out and have a friend take me to the act bosses for legendaries. So, the consensus is level 59 for act 1-3, level 60 for act 4?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's possible you won't get legendaries from those bosses unless you have the pre-reqs completed, meaning you can't just join anyone's game on a "Kill X" quest and collect legendaries... but don't quote me on that. I know that's how it worked for Skeleton King and Diablo when 2.0 for launched.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I didn't bother with any act bosses on my monk playthough. I was going to stop at 59, kill A1-3 bosses.. then diablo at 60, and malth at 70 but just ended up killing malth at 70 lol
You outlevel the legendaries very quickly anyway so it was virtually a waste of time

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can you trade bounty loot from caches? Going to pop 2 tabs worth this weekend and farm the hell out of 1 and 2 until I get the ring and illusory boots. Would hate to waste any other stuff I get.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Can you trade bounty loot from caches? Going to pop 2 tabs worth this weekend and farm the hell out of 1 and 2 until I get the ring and illusory boots. Would hate to waste any other stuff I get.
Na you can't, also doesn't seem to be able to trade guaranteed legendaries from bosses, friend got a leg potion on a char he doesn't plan on using so he tried to give it to me but wasn't shareable even though I killed the boss while he was sitting with his face in the ground. Cache stuff would be too easy to "sell" and shit if you could trade with anyone though, just farm enough that you can guaranteed a fair amount of legendaries then sell, join game and give everything, so makes sense you can't trade them with the current system.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I guess? Why does it matter? Your ally is such a small portion of your dps.
Because I use air ally as my main ally during group runs anyways and I was just curious. Small portion but still dps. It's not like I'm going out of my way to get holy damage, but I found an Andariels and if they ever fix the block on the new Hallowed Protector shield I'll have that too for +holy. Damage is damage.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Why do people horde caches? I don't see any reason for it with the system they currently have yet.. people do for some reason.
Streamers do it to show off all the loot at once i guess? but your average joe.. why? lol

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The cache supposedly drops loot based on your CURRENT difficulty level, meaning farm caches on Torment 1 (or whatever), then make a Torment 6 game to open them. Just easier (and way more fun) to do a bunch at once.