Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It seems like all these runs are just a streamer getting a string of good RNG on stream and everyone declaring it a broken route

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Ugh, talk about burnout. Trying to reroll poison resist on an epic amulet I got. After 17 rerolls, 17 forgotten souls, 15 million gold, and spending every topaz I've looted since RoS release, poison resist has not shown up.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Ugh, talk about burnout. Trying to reroll poison resist on an epic amulet I got. After 17 rerolls, 17 forgotten souls, 15 million gold, and spending every topaz I've looted since RoS release, poison resist has not shown up.
wut?

Unless it is +95-100% crit dmg AND 6%+ crit chance, why are you rerolling resists?

What else are wizards running besides Frozen Orb?

I was doing a Blades/Meteor build before I happened to reroll +15% Arcane Orb damage on my boots (I was going for +Meteor damage). So I said eff it, switched to a glass cannon Frozen Orb build and things just started exploding.

I actually started with Arcane Orb - Scorch, bc I have a +fire damage Stone of Jordan. But that rune just doesn't feel right. The projectile itself does shit for damage, while the fire it leaves behind does most of the damage. If I'm lobbing giant balls of fire, I would think that them balls would be laying the hurt, not the crap they leave behind. Also, Scorch just doesn't have the width/aoe of Frozen Orb.

In general though, fire skills on a Wizard feels pretty lacking. It'd be nice if Blizzard changed a Disintegrate rune to fire. With my Meteor build, I was running with no runes for the fire damage to take advantage of my +fire SoJ. And running a skill without a rune is another one of those things that just doesn't 'feel right'
You can try the meteor shower rune. It gives you 7 hits, so tons of life on hit & crits if you have APOC gear. Meteor is really best in group play though. Solo I would use frozen orb for the snare, but if you have a monk gathering stuff up in a group, meteor shower does way more damage.

This is what my wizard has been running (Modulus - Community - Diablo III) - 34% fire damage, 14% meteor, 700k dps self buffed and I am wrecking stuff on torment 1 hardcore. Sadly these character profiles don't show reforged stats.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I want to do that, but I'm afraid my WD would get melted in T6. I might try t1 and just see what I can do. The pets and zombie tauntwall I might be able to make it. Again though: what's it matter if it's t1 vs t6 if you aren't killing anything?
Chest's chance to drop gear is affected by difficulty.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I was doing crypts in act1 actually, you know the 3 crypts. One is the "right" one for the quest, one is a dud and one has a guaranteed event, either Matriarch Bones or Jar of Souls, which give good xp/money and like a big chest of loot. Run them on T6 storymode, mostly skip all the trash but do open the "chests" things. I did it for a while with WD and got shit though, but I do it like 3 times as fast with DH so there's that. Just equip danetta and spam vault all the way, takes like 30secs to check one crypt. Better with 2 people so you can check 2 at the same time.

Other run we were doing yesterday once crypts stopped dropping was core of arreat+tower of the damned, monk friend was doing the core run since it's shorter, just run and open all the things, checkpoint is at azmodan on story mode, tower of the damned isn't worth it to run alone but if you're in a group no point in having 2 ppl in the core so I was doing that instead, it's 3 chests per run but you have to go all around the fucking place, takes a while if you're not vaulting.

The crypt one is better imo because of the guaranteed gold and xp, I gain paragon levels like every 30-40mins or something and I made like 20millions gold running it for a few hours(it's 120k gold for jar of souls, 160k for matriarch, plus the rares I sell and the stacks of gold I sometimes run over which in T6 often are like 5k-7k big).

Oh and I did crypt on WD Ao-, it's pretty easy even though my WD was fresh 70 almost, like 3.5millions toughness, run all defensive passives obviously, zombie dogs with life on hit rune(and paragon points in life on hit), spirit walk jaunt obviously, I use horrify with speed rune too, then piranado and zombie wall taunt to control shit and spiritwhatever(the blue nuke thing) manitou rune, it breaks shit as you run by even though half the time it attacks mobs instead but it's something unless you have firewalkers. Also enchantress bitch with all the CC shit and the slowing armor, that's quite useful.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Other run we were doing yesterday once crypts stopped dropping
Seems a little superstitious for you.

If they don't fix the gold cost on enchanting and some other places, doing T6 story mode quests might be required at some point. Shame, kinda boring. And no blood shards.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Seems a little superstitious for you.

If they don't fix the gold cost on enchanting and some other places, doing T6 story mode quests might be required at some point. Shame, kinda boring. And no blood shards.
Yeah I don't know my friend didn't get a legendary for a while so he said let's switch, and then we got a bunch more from core. I wouldn't be too entirely surprised if there was some code similar to the legendary timer that reduced your chance if you're farming the same thing over and over, but eh I don't know. It's mostly streaky as I said before, sometimes you get a shitload, sometimes you don't get shit, that's why speed is the most important factor so you get more chances. And this is why DH is so stupidly strong at farming chests in T6.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
wut?

Unless it is +95-100% crit dmg AND 6%+ crit chance, why are you rerolling resists?
It's an Ouroboros with 693 DEX, 2872 LoH, 10% crit chance, 86% crit damage, lightning resist, and gold find. I guess the gold find isn't perfect but the rest of the amulet is.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Could roll 20% to whatever element you're using instead of LoH. But that's a pretty big LoH roll so that's not so bad I guess, assuming you do use LoH.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I wouldn't waste that many souls and gold on rerolling something without +elemental%. Unless, you're not going for a build with a (mostly) unified element. If so, link?

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Actually, my build is mostly Holy other than Sweeping Wind, but it's hardcore mode so survivability is important and I didn't want to roll away from LoH. I'm currently using this with strongarm bracers for the damage increase alongside cyclone strike. CS also makes all the chest events you get while doing bounties trivial to complete.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...QS!XWUh!bbZccc

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It seems like all these runs are just a streamer getting a string of good RNG on stream and everyone declaring it a broken route
I averaged 6 an hour over 3 hours last night doing core chests before I got bored out of my mind doing it. Over half the loot was set items too, not sure what to make of that. Probably nothing, but it was strange. Also, they were mostly Blacktroll's and the shitty new DH set so I wasn't exactly jumping for joy.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
So my crusader's damage just skyrocketed with these rerolls, hammers are critting for nearly 4mil now.

GuebI2k.gif

Chris

Potato del Grande
I've had most success running bounties and killing any elites, opening any shiny chests or doing any events I find on the way.