Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The thing about gambling that I recently realized from someone posting here is none of the good shit will ever come of it. That is why everyone gets Blackthornes because I think it might be the only set that you can actually gamble for. It really is stupid except for trying to get a perfectly rolled rare I guess.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
The class sets can't come from it, and a few other things. But I definitely got a Witching Hour and a Triumvirate from it.

I know 2 other people who gambled Witching Hours, and there isn't that many belts on the table so I think getting one isn't super rare.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Most people in the clan prefer to run solo or already have an established group of friends like you. It's amazing to me how many people would prefer to do a Rift solo then let people come in at 99% or whatever. Same thing with bounties. Very rarely do people tell others what they are doing and ask people to join them which makes no sense to me but whatever.

My problem is basically what Deathwing said... lately I haven't had a lot of uninterrupted time to play so maybe that's true for everyone who solos Rifts all day too. But I'm with you, I'd much prefer to invite people to play with me for the reasons you said.

The other issue that seems to creep up is that people aren't willing to just offer a legendary to the group, or people are afraid to ask for something that's an upgrade, or people just ignore you when you say "hey that's an upgrade for me if you aren't going to use it." James is the only person who actually gave me a legendary in a group that I asked for after he said he wasn't going to use it.
I have noticed a trend of certain people in the clan trying to blow through T3 as fast as possible. They will ask in Clan to fill out a group but then complain when the DPS is just to slow and we cannot clear the rift in 5 minutes. It takes usually 10 minutes with multiple deaths and such, but it gets done. After that one attempt, suddenly people have "things to do". I laugh very hard at the elitism associated with a game like this. This shit is not Everquest. I can get the very best weapon in the game...breaking a jar on normal mode. This is why I have kind of gone solo. Elitism pisses me off.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was referring to solo rifts. I can kill decently quick on T2. To the point where I would guess moving down to T1 would put more emphasis on movement between packs instead of actually killing them. I find that incredibly boring because you're essentially doing chest runs at that point. But that aside, why would that be better than killing on T2?
For max efficiency, I've settled on soloing at the point where elites/champs die before they can even begin to shit out whatever affixes they have. T2 for now, T3 with another upgrade or two, and... that's basically it. No amount of BiS gear will ever make T5+ efficient under the current system of mob HP vs. drop rates, and I strongly suspect the same is true of T4 as well.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Well you can still get some good legendaries. I got a decent Andys from gambling, and pretty good pair of lacunis bracers.

If you JUST want set items tho, move along yeah.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I've not been having these problems finding gear like other people, and its mainly because I try to play this game with my friends. And compared to some of you that are solo playing this and spending more time, I've been getting better/more drops. Shit I've put in more time in payday 2 then this in the last two weeks. If you're in the rerolled guild thing you have no excuse either, be more fucking social and find people to play with. If that seems like a burden to you, why are you in a guild/clan thing in the first place.
People have different levels of "socialness". I have irl distractions that require my immediate attention. I get distracted easily in game. Every once in a while I'll go read a webpage for a bit, check some score, whatever. The mechanics of group play can be annoying too. I'm sure everyone's familiar with the 2 headed ogre dance of trying to decide which way to go. My class plays differently when grouped. Normally, that's a good thing, but it means I become the "tank" essentially and all my +lightning% and dps gear is for nothing.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I could give a shit what happens with the loot system personally, my friends and I dump legs to troll people. Just trying to point out the fact grouping has bonuses. Loot could be no trade and destroy itself after 10 minutes of not being equipped and I wouldnt come crying up posting my whines. People keep commenting on my luck and its funny, most of my really good loot has come from Malakriss, Arkael, or one of my random 15 guildies in the clan. (<3 u bros)

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Magic Find vs no MF in and outside of Rifts

Guy did some calculations using some of hard numbers from blue post to plot out most efficient method of legendary drop rates, looks like t3 with 150 MF in a Rift seems to be the most "optimal" route.
The guy's math is off, it's already been picked apart in that thread. More specifically, what's the damn point of MF outside of legendaries? You need 150 MF to equal the next level of torment. So, for example for Vorph, that might mean stopping at T2 or T3 and then wearing a Cain's, Topaz, Nagel. But because it's not a regular affix anymore, this is essentially worthless theorycrafting. You're never going to decide between CC and MF on an item. And because it's so reduced for legendaries, it can't make an impactful gearing and difficulty choice.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I could give a shit what happens with the loot system personally, my friends and I dump legs to troll people. Just trying to point out the fact grouping has bonuses. Loot could be no trade and destroy itself after 10 minutes of not being equipped and I wouldnt come crying up posting my whines. People keep commenting on my luck and its funny, most of my really good loot has come from Malakriss, Arkael, or one of my random 15 guildies in the clan. (<3 u bros)
What luck? You're still wearing 4 pieces from level 60 and your shoulders and bracers are meh.

My mistake! Looked at your wizard instead.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Eh, I've done just fine with loot even though the vast majority of my playtime is solo or just duoing with fletch101, and the only item I've actually received from another person's drop is my 60 SoJ. I'm all for inviting people to share in my caches or to kill rift bosses (and I knock them down to 20% hp or so before I toss out the invite so I don't even mind if the people who join can't normally handle the T-level I do) but beyond that it's just more convenient for me to solo.

That said, I'll happily group with any and all DHs who already have their Marauder's Spines!
biggrin.png

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Eh, I've done just fine with loot even though the vast majority of my playtime is solo or just duoing with fletch101, and the only item I've actually received from another person's drop is my 60 SoJ. I'm all for inviting people to share in my caches or to kill rift bosses (and I knock them down to 20% hp or so before I toss out the invite so I don't even mind if the people who join can't normally handle the T-level I do) but beyond that it's just more convenient for me to solo.

That said, I'll happily group with any and all DHs who already have their Marauder's Spines!
biggrin.png
@Death exactly. Most of that shit is level 60 and my SoH dropped on my Wiz. My Wiz is geared enough now to thrash T5 alone so hes on the back burner.

Can you take a look at my DH Vorph, gotten a lot of +fire shit now and the Kridershot has been fun. Am I using the right passives and should I reroll my helm from crit into fire damage? Still have to do +CA on boots and belt when I get time.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have noticed a trend of certain people in the clan trying to blow through T3 as fast as possible. They will ask in Clan to fill out a group but then complain when the DPS is just to slow and we cannot clear the rift in 5 minutes. It takes usually 10 minutes with multiple deaths and such, but it gets done. After that one attempt, suddenly people have "things to do". I laugh very hard at the elitism associated with a game like this. This shit is not Everquest. I can get the very best weapon in the game...breaking a jar on normal mode. This is why I have kind of gone solo. Elitism pisses me off.
Yeah when someone said my 4 mil toughness was too low for T3 I didn't know what to say. 1.1M DPS apparently doesn't matter if you don't have the toughness on softcore. In a 4 person group I shouldn't have to worry about that as much if someone is essentially "tanking" is what I thought, but whatever.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
They screwed this game up in many ways. Trade should be viable. Different torrent levels should drop more powerful legendaries(Stat wise and perhaps even unique). I do not understand the reason or need to progress to higher levels, if a jar on normal can drop the very best weapon in the game. Yes the set pieces are important and fun, but once I get them, do I win the game? This is the way I would have designed their system.

1. Of course you can trade between players. I would have removed the real money auction house. Certain items could be restricted.

2. Normal-Master would drop equivalent loot. T-1-T2 would allow for new uniques with actual legendary effects. T3-T4's loot would potentially have higher stat legendaries that over a period of time would allow for progression onto the final two stages. T5-T6's loot would have epic legendaries that could not be traded. Killing Death on T-6 with a 70th level character would potentially drop a unique legendary based on the class the person was playing. It would be a little stronger but would certainly stand out when seen. Also, the next time your account was activated, a file would download. This download would allow you to see the cut scene that should have been put into the game.

3. 2 handers would roll potentially two sockets. Legendary stats would be much better than rares. I should not have to contemplate on whether a legendary should go into a slot where I have a rare.

Then the random system would be the only thing left to deal with. I figure having set pieces drop off certain bosses would be the best way to deal with that situation.
No trading is unfortunate but I think this is better then D2jsp or the AH. The lesser of two evils I suppose. I play with buddies and while we cannot trade stuff we find while alone, at least during the multiplayer time the option is there. I'm hoping they consider trading within clans eventually but with sensible restrictions (otherwise you have various trade clans within a day and an irregular AH build around that shortly after). I think the no-trading decisions are based on their own cost calculations (support for hacked accounts etc) as much as player complaints about the AH, so open trading was probably not on the table.

Gamewise, I'm pretty happy farming T1/2 (or easier modes for specific reasons) so far, and while I've not gotten any standout legendaries for my main I stashed some nice things to try out other builds/classes - which is pretty much what I did in D2 too so that's fine for me. I think adding some legendaries to the mix at higher torments would be a good idea, but scaling them all sounds like it would cause problems. It's what they did between the different acts at release (which lead to people exploiting their way into later acts to get the better weapons in any shady way you could think of) - even without better stats on T6 gear people are spending more time trying to find shortcuts then simply playing (manglemaw marathons, chest runs). The higher drop rates should be the reason to raise your difficulty as your gear improves. If the bonus difference is too small, buff it (in small increments, not the usual Blizz hammertime style). People also focus on legendaries only and ignore that gold kinda matters in the long run and the higher difficulties have a massive bonus there.

Exceptional rares being an alternative to a legendary is not wrong in my eyes. I dont want a simple blue - yellow - orange - green item progression which eventually boils down to a simple "highest ilvl purple or disenchant" situation. Having the odd thematically fitting drop off specific bosses sounds fine, similar to the horadric caches with their short list of unique loot - but I dont want the majority of endgame loot tied to specific mobs. That's for DIKU MMOs, not action rpgs.

One thing I would prefer is if you could gamble for specific base items at a higher cost (20-50 blood shards? ) to aim for a particular item. Gambling for a mirrorball and getting several other legendary sources after 10k blood shards wouldnt happen that way, unless you keep going for the cheaper generic source to play the odds, but you still have to play the RNG (which I'm fine with because *Diablo*).

No final cinematic was lame, I'm with you there.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
To be honest i wouldn't mind if they got rid of sockets on weapons and re balanced the game around it. It would open up a lot more options as viable,and you'd be able to goof around with some uncommon/fun procs weapons without gimping yoruself.

Even a weapon with very good rolls, +dmg, high damage + high stat will be shit cause no socket, and re rolling a socket on it will lower its dps significantly since you have to re roll one of the good affixes.
The need for socket on weapons can fuck off.
Not a bad suggestion really, a weapon without a socket really is hamstrung right now. Or change the weapon gem effects to something less gamechanging (maybe even simply give them the regular +mainstat bonus, quick and dirty fix). I dont even think you need to rebalance any content with that change, stuff simply gets a bit harder and you might have to drop down a difficulty level at worst. No big deal.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah when someone said my 4 mil toughness was too low for T3 I didn't know what to say. 1.1M DPS apparently doesn't matter if you don't have the toughness on softcore. In a 4 person group I shouldn't have to worry about that as much if someone is essentially "tanking" is what I thought, but whatever.
Thats enough for T3 by far, especially with most wizards debuffing and buffing elemental damage.

Meko

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'd like to see the sockets remain in weapons but not function only as crit/dmg etc. It would be cool to add some prismatic effect that adds X damage to a main ability or something like that (be creative). I do feel like my hand is forced a bit when finding a leg weapon without a socket so I keep rocking my rare that has a socket until I get lucky.

Dis

Confirmed Male
Easy balance fix for weapons is on 1h types, you get no socket rolls.

2h you get a guaranteed socket roll as a 7th affix. They do need to balance out the crusader passive around this, but it should not be hard to do.

Also, the best balance around not being able to trade, which IMHO they need to fix is like people have said, be social. I have a regular group of 2 others who play a lot, they are on more than I am. We generally run split bounties, always trying to add a 4th because we can roll through an Act in about 5-10 minutes. I got 3 cache legs from Act 4 yesterday in about 2 hours of play. I also had a Firebrid set source drop which I volunteered to the other guys who had already had 1 or 2 pieces. Besides I am using Tal's source at the moment, and hoping for one more set piece along with a Ring of Royal Granduer to rain meteors down. So I wont be using it anytime soon.

TLDR: Soloing is VERY inefficient.

Edit: Again if you want to group with someone who will share no problem, plays pretty regularly, and sometimes looking for a 4th for split bounties (we dont bitch about DPS, we help out each other who has yet to finish their bounties when we finish our own) then add me as a friend: Dis#1518

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Exceptional rares being an alternative to a legendary is not wrong in my eyes. I dont want a simple blue - yellow - orange - green item progression which eventually boils down to a simple "highest ilvl purple or disenchant" situation.
This is exactly how it worked in D2 and pretty much any solid ARPG. Perfectly rolled raresshouldbe a viable alternative to legendary/unique/set/etc. items. That's part of what makes the "slot machine" aspect of these games fun.