Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Can you take a look at my DH Vorph, gotten a lot of +fire shit now and the Kridershot has been fun. Am I using the right passives and should I reroll my helm from crit into fire damage? Still have to do +CA on boots and belt when I get time.
Suggestions:
Helm - 20% fire > 15% CA > 6% crit. Not sure I'd spend a lot of souls on an Andy that didn't already start out perfect (dex/fire/crit or CA/ias -> reroll to CA or crit) however. I'd try to get a Pride's Fall instead since they're so easy to reroll to dex/crit/CA/vit and the secondary effect is godly enough that it more than makes up for losing fire%.

Shoulders - Pray for Marauder's Spines to drop and roll perfectly or craft something with Dex/RCR/AE Damage/(Vit or AR).

Bracers - Consider making Reaper's Wraps now that Malthael should be fixed. You only need one person in a group with Strongarm, and ideally it's the monk since he's the one actually triggering the effect with CS.

Belt - Can't roll CA here actually, belts roll builder damage (which is useless to you with a Kridershot). Best stats for you would be dex/vit/AR/life%, which I see you already have. So basically you just need a Harrington with the same stats. Good luck with that. :p

Legs - Reroll regen to vit if you didn't already have to reroll for the sockets. Try to get Marauder's Encasement.

Boots - Reroll to CA damage. Try to get Marauder's Treads.

Quiver - Reroll to CA damage. Or don't, since it takes absurd luck to actually get 14-15% CA on a quiver because every single skill we have can roll in that slot.

For skills, swap Vengeance rune to Seethe. 10 hatred per second so you can [almost] spam CA the whole time it's active is way better than converting the damage to fire. I would also use frost arrow the vast majority of the time instead of screaming skull. Yes, you lose fire damage, but splitting into 10 projectiles more than makes up for that against trash. Switch back to fire for bosses.

Passives are situational. Cull the Weak is a must when you use frost arrow. Ambush is huge for clearing trash. I prefer Tactical Advantage and Steady Aim for the final two slots, but drop Steady Aim (for Blood Vengeance usually) on certain maps that I know will constantly put shit in my face and negate the effect. BV is probably better than TA in a group too, since sprinting around the map isn't terribly useful when you have to wait for the non-dex classes to slowly trudge along behind you anyway. Single Out is pretty much bosses-only. If the game would give me a goddamn Pride's Fall, I'd probably use Awareness a lot more to keep the effect up.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thats enough for T3 by far, especially with most wizards debuffing and buffing elemental damage.
I got shut out from T3 by certain individuals because I died a few times. My wizard self buffed is at 1.1+ Mil DPS with 5mil+ Toughness. I died because I was at work on a Wi-Fi connection that is hampered by mass amounts of colorful graphics when I teleport to their spot. Now this of course was never discussed because this kind of game really is not about reason but rather can you do it at their speed or not. This is why I just tend to solo T2 with the invite for guild when I get the rift near done.

I am considering forming up groups though as it is a lot more fun going through rifts with multiple people. I will never do T4+ though because there is no reason to. It is more challenging is not a reason. I can make a game more challenging simply by wearing less gear. More challenging is not enough on its own.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So just extend that system to clans or friend list in some fashion? Some of us have restrictions from putting in 2 hours of uninterrupted group farming. I'm betting a decent part of this thread does or could post in the parent thread. Yes, I'm sure my friends will understand if I have to go take care of the screaming baby, but if I know that's a possibility, I'd rather play solo instead of inconveniencing them.

And if everyone groups and trades, how is it that much different than trading in clan? The chances that 3 of your groupmates might want that drop(and you don't) probably isn't that much different than someone in the clan wanting it.
Which is why I love bounties and rifts. At most I have to spend 30 minutes to get something done then I go do something else. I'm no longer living in the HS/College EQ days of farming a camp for 8 hours.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
The other issue that seems to creep up is that people aren't willing to just offer a legendary to the group, or people are afraid to ask for something that's an upgrade, or people just ignore you when you say "hey that's an upgrade for me if you aren't going to use it." James is the only person who actually gave me a legendary in a group that I asked for after he said he wasn't going to use it.
Me = James, if people didn't know. Thanks for the recognition. My thought is why hold onto shit that you may never use. This is why I always spam in clan chat for rift groups. If I get unlucky and someone else does well, why not share if they aren't going to use shit and just collect dust in the stash? Reefah has also given stuff to me before also, a belt that I use constantly now. More people in a rift, the possible more upgrades you may get due to loot-sharing. Now if only they would let people in the clan trade in general as previously mentioned.

Dis

Confirmed Male
Me = James, if people didn't know. Thanks for the recognition. My thought is why hold onto shit that you may never use. This is why I always spam in clan chat for rift groups. If I get unlucky and someone else does well, why not share if they aren't going to use shit and just collect dust in the stash? Reefah has also given stuff to me before also, a belt that I use constantly now. More people in a rift, the possible more upgrades you may get due to loot-sharing. Now if only they would let people in the clan trade in general as previously mentioned.
James, if you are on ever, shoot me a message (since you are the only Rerolled who has added me to friends) if you want to do split T1 bounty farming. Same deal with me, if I dont need/want a leg that drops it is up for grabs.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A true bro. I thought you were too nice to be the other James.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I had somebody do that for my starmetal, was fucking amazing. I wish I could trade them a forgotten soul for it.

niss_sl

shitlord
This is exactly how it worked in D2 and pretty much any solid ARPG. Perfectly rolled raresshouldbe a viable alternative to legendary/unique/set/etc. items. That's part of what makes the "slot machine" aspect of these games fun.
For some slots in D2, rares were BIS. This all goes back to the fact that you have 4-6 total affixes (2 of which are guaranteed to be shit); rares can't compee with that because it's far too simple and no room for exceptional rolls.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
since sprinting around the map isn't terribly useful when you have to wait for the non-dex classes to slowly trudge along behind you anyway
Maybe the biggest annoyance with the game and with grouping. Anyone not a monk, dh, or sprint barb is just so damn slow. I can't play those classes myself and they disrupt your flow when grouping with them. Crusaders *might* be ok next patch with heavy CDR...maybe.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
For some slots in D2, rares were BIS. This all goes back to the fact that you have 4-6 total affixes (2 of which are guaranteed to be shit); rares can't compee with that because it's far too simple and no room for exceptional rolls.
Amulet is about the only slot that can be "BIS" with a rare now. Not true BIS, but it's a hell of a lot easier to roll a dex/fire/crit/(CHD or RCR) rare* than it is to fuck around with paying a 900k gem for every reroll on a legendary. And the vast majority of legendaries aren't going to start out rerollable to anything close to BIS anyway.

*-Or whatever your class/build considers BIS, that's just for DH.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Easy balance fix for weapons is on 1h types, you get no socket rolls.

2h you get a guaranteed socket roll as a 7th affix. They do need to balance out the crusader passive around this, but it should not be hard to do.

Also, the best balance around not being able to trade, which IMHO they need to fix is like people have said, be social. I have a regular group of 2 others who play a lot, they are on more than I am. We generally run split bounties, always trying to add a 4th because we can roll through an Act in about 5-10 minutes. I got 3 cache legs from Act 4 yesterday in about 2 hours of play. I also had a Firebrid set source drop which I volunteered to the other guys who had already had 1 or 2 pieces. Besides I am using Tal's source at the moment, and hoping for one more set piece along with a Ring of Royal Granduer to rain meteors down. So I wont be using it anytime soon.

TLDR: Soloing is VERY inefficient.

Edit: Again if you want to group with someone who will share no problem, plays pretty regularly, and sometimes looking for a 4th for split bounties (we dont bitch about DPS, we help out each other who has yet to finish their bounties when we finish our own) then add me as a friend: Dis#1518
I might add you soon. Been looking for this and most of my friends aren't on enough.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
The thing about gambling that I recently realized from someone posting here is none of the good shit will ever come of it. That is why everyone gets Blackthornes because I think it might be the only set that you can actually gamble for. It really is stupid except for trying to get a perfectly rolled rare I guess.
Completely untrue. Many outstanding items can be acquired via gambling. Kridershot, Buriza, Cindercoat, Ice Climbers and many more.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
What my friends and I do if one gets a legendary another would use is give it to them, then in return get the next shitty legendary they get so you both still get the item/soul.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
So I switched to arcane torrent and I'm curious how it works - is it hitting 3-5(?) times a second on everything in the area, or is each tick hitting a single mob? Because the crits seem really low for such a crazy hard hitting skill so I assume the damage is getting split up.

Probably what I like the least about it is it looks like I'm just standing there doing nothing. But it's undeniable that I melt elites a hell of a lot faster than with beam. Feeding another 15% damage to Moonlight bombs with the debuff rune is pretty damn nice too. Black hole makes torrent do terrible, terrible things.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Brand new player, what class should I roll?
smile.png

Also Chysamere#1380

Leon

<Silver Donator>
So I switched to arcane torrent and I'm curious how it works - is it hitting 3-5(?) times a second on everything in the area, or is each tick hitting a single mob? Because the crits seem really low for such a crazy hard hitting skill so I assume the damage is getting split up.

Probably what I like the least about it is it looks like I'm just standing there doing nothing. But it's undeniable that I melt elites a hell of a lot faster than with beam. Feeding another 15% damage to Moonlight bombs with the debuff rune is pretty damn nice too. Black hole makes torrent do terrible, terrible things.
I know you have a moonlight ward (and i fucking hate you cause it doens't drop anymore) so the 15 percent rune might make sense, but give a whirl to cascade sometimes. The sheer amount of extra missiles it generates is pretty crazy.
Also Canoneer with arcane build is so fucking OP.

Juvarisx

Florida
Servers are back up

Shine gloves are fixed (thank god I dont have to use them anymore)
Shard of Hate was not touched, least for a wizard no idea about a barb
Leg crafting mats fix is in

No patch notes are up so that's just observations atm