Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I dunno, fire hammers seem pretty legit with the size and damage increase. Trying to craft reaper's wraps with fire damage to test it out.
I will likely give Crusader another go, quit a few days after launch/hitting 70 but lightning hammers seemed stronger with condemn vacuum to pull mobs to the center of the strikes.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Too bad the profiles still are completely off on sheet data haha.. oh well.
Based - Community - Diablo III

I don't think i've ever seen that shield proc, i'm pretty sure it's a pile of shit. I just like the way it looks, straight up a stark infantry shield lol

game-of-thrones-stark-shield-sdcc.jpg

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So how does eDPS work on butcher? there's a rage timer, that's visible? Or you time it somehow, so it's very easy to determine DPS?

Edit: Wonder if this build would work... Acid Cloud spam setting off Fetishes...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#aRlYUQ!SRVc!bbbcZb

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You probably don't want to pug either, since it also kills teammates. Granted there's a good chance they kill themselves at the same time but with proper positionning and defensive measures, I think you'd be able to kill melees easily enough with a crusader on HC.

There's a bunch of undocumented changes, one important being that apparently they removed the cap on crit dmg on all pets. That makes pet builds insanely stronger since it was before capped at 50%(which is a stupid low amount).

And yeah they apparently fixed elite %. The old one made no sense with them adding elemental % and skill % both which stacked additively. I wonder if they're all multiplicative with each other though, I know skill and elemental is supposed to. Also wonder where just overall damage %(like slam dance totem, wolf active and a bunch of passives) falls, if it adds up with elemental % or is multiplicative with everything.

The elite % one is pretty nice if you have the set ring because you can get the 3pc bonus aughild with 2pieces, which isn't much to farm/craft, and that's 15%(both damage and defense against elites), which stacks fine with a SoJ in other ring slot.

Senaiel

Silver Knight of the Realm
Hardcore pugging is a dangerous proposition on anything above t1 anyways. Too many people afk or have no understanding about keeping everything close for condemn spam.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Brynne - Community - Diablo III

Crusader steamrolls T3 now np even without the stupid thorns thing. Replace iron maiden/iron skin/provoke with finery/akarats champ/condemn once it gets nerfed. Possibly phalanx instead of condemn, the archer damage is pretty legit. I'm still not 100% on using the Thunderfury over a 2h right now, but having the extra passive to run finery helps balance the dps a bit, and since I'm not using hellskull anymore the movespeed obviously is good to have back.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bah, just realized reaper's wraps only restore "primary" resource so it doesn't restore disc, laaaaame. Suppose I'll have to try and swap out blood vengeance with nightstalker once I get mine and see how I like that.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
YThere's a bunch of undocumented changes, one important being that apparently they removed the cap on crit dmg on all pets. That makes pet builds insanely stronger since it was before capped at 50%(which is a stupid low amount).
Pet builds are OP now. Buddy has fetishes critting for 2m, garg for 5m, and dogs for .5m each and thats without totem up AND he doesn't have all the pet build items yet.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'll feel slightly less bad now that I don't have a cindercoat and only a cloak of garwulf. I'm thinking sentries with fire chains do sick damage now, the fire chains are so ugly though I don't know if I can stand it.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
@Tonic; Why use Combination Strike if you're not using two spirit builders?

@Deathwing; Do you know how Mythic Rhythm works? Curious if the spender has to be used -right- after the third strike of a builder, or if the spender can be used at any time after a third builder strike and get the 40% bonus?

Also, is there some sort of bug with damage reflect skills instantly killing mobs? I was running around last night in Expert farming bounties (I can run T1 fairly easily, so I may have been way over geared) while using Retribution mantra / fire, and when I used the active for the mantra things just seemed to die instantly; if I just stood around and let stuff hit me while the Mantra was active, I would see 2-3mil crits from the dmg reflect. Yet even champions / elite packs were melting super fast.

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Combination Strikes still adds the 10% damage increase from your spirit builder, you just can't stack it higher cuz you only have 1.

niss_sl

shitlord
There's a bunch of undocumented changes, one important being that apparently they removed the cap on crit dmg on all pets. That makes pet builds insanely stronger since it was before capped at 50%(which is a stupid low amount).
Are they now using your character +crit dmg? It really was stupid that for a pet build you'd have to forgo crit damage since it made no difference to your pets' DPS and thus effectively gimping your own spells.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Well, that change in pet crit damage probably explains why the Maximus demon's fire chains doubled in damage for me.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Are they now using your character +crit dmg? It really was stupid that for a pet build you'd have to forgo crit damage since it made no difference to your pets' DPS and thus effectively gimping your own spells.
That's my understanding yeah, similar to how they get most of the other stats. As Delly said, this makes pet builds extremely strong but just pets in general strong, wolf is even better now for example. But yeah the WD full legendary pet build is most likely the safest and still a relatively strong build. Safest because you have like 20-25 units running around you at all times aggroing shit and body blocking both monsters and spells and at the same time it's an insane amount of damage that you don't even need to cast. There are many legendaries for this build but a starmetal kukri(everytime your fetishes hit something, reduce cooldown on army of fetish and totem), mask of jeram(increase pet damage by 100%) and tasker and theo(increases pet attack speed by 50%) is probably disgusting damage and most likely the #1 build for HC due to the complete safety of the build(and WD get a 2nd life passive too like a bunch of other classes but that adds up). Does take some luck to farm all of these though I guess.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
@Tonic; Why use Combination Strike if you're not using two spirit builders?

@Deathwing; Do you know how Mythic Rhythm works? Curious if the spender has to be used -right- after the third strike of a builder, or if the spender can be used at any time after a third builder strike and get the 40% bonus?

Also, is there some sort of bug with damage reflect skills instantly killing mobs? I was running around last night in Expert farming bounties (I can run T1 fairly easily, so I may have been way over geared) while using Retribution mantra / fire, and when I used the active for the mantra things just seemed to die instantly; if I just stood around and let stuff hit me while the Mantra was active, I would see 2-3mil crits from the dmg reflect. Yet even champions / elite packs were melting super fast.
Mythic Rhythm is basically a buff with no icon, so I don't know how long it lasts. But it doesn't matter when you expend it. As long as your third generator animation hits a monster, your next spender will get +40%. You can snapshot SW and TR this way.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So after running some numbers it seems the reflective rune is indeed bugged more or less like I thought it was, instead of applying 1/4 of your str bonus to your thorns damage, when you activate it, it applies 100%of your str bonus, and also lets it crit treating it as "normal" damage instead of thorns damage. Not sure that's intended but basically instead of doubling your thorns damage, it multiplies it by 8, which is obviously quite fucking broken, and letting it crit in combination with judgement for 100%crit means it basically multiplies it again by 2 to 3 depending on your crit damage. Since they decided to also massively buff the crusader thorns passive, it leads to quite a bunch of stupidity.

Seems they're going to be hotfixing Iron Maiden though so at least it won't be outrageous damage anymore.

Oh and since they fixed the proc(it has a 2secs cooldown apparently now), this can drop again:
bDwa3Eu.png

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
what effects thorns dps? besides actual + to thorns damage modifiers, iron maiden + iron skin is pretty amazing right now but im wondering other than those 2 abilities interacting with eachother does my overall damage increase thorns as well?