Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Juvarisx

Florida
SO while maybe this is posted elsewhere playing around with shit I have found something very fun

Ray of Frost Sleetstorm + Shard of Hate = 375pct weapon dmg Aoe + constant SoH for 240pct weapon dmg at your Target procs and it hardly uses any Arcane Power. All as cold so it can be modified by +cold dmg

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I got a Reaper of Fear my first Malth kill, and it's been sitting in my stash for 2 weeks because I never wanted to drop the cash on crafting something.

Now that I can drop something, is there a go to item I should craft? I'm in all rares, except amulet + weapon legendary. Bracers I heard were good for a lot of people?

Needless

Toe Sucker
bracers are amazing, i don't know why you wouldn't craft them immediately lol... specially for barbs/crusaders

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I got a Reaper of Fear my first Malth kill, and it's been sitting in my stash for 2 weeks because I never wanted to drop the cash on crafting something.

Now that I can drop something, is there a go to item I should craft? I'm in all rares, except amulet + weapon legendary. Bracers I heard were good for a lot of people?
What class are you? I feel if your class can easily generate your spender the bracers aren't quite as good. But if you're resource starved they're great. Especially to quickly get up to 100% resources to start the next fight.

Vorph

Best part of switching to Reaper's Wraps for my DH was being able to drop Preparation:punishment for Marked for Death:Contagion. Don't need the 75 hatred generator anymore, so MOAR DPS it is.

Needless

Toe Sucker
With the bracers you have theres literally no reason not to, they aren't expensive to make by any means. I would make them, can't go wrong with additional resource generation~

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah on WD they're pretty meh since by the time globes start dropping, you're generally back up in mana unless you're using a bear build or something. What you should craft kinda depends on what you can craft though. The bracers probably wouldn't hurt regardless but you might want to keep the material for another class if you end up switching.

Tenks

They're a 6 prop bracer with a really nice effect on them. Really no downside.

-edit-

Yeah for Wiz/WD they're only moderately useful since you'll usually be at 100% resource anyways at the start of the next fight. Still nice for some emergency resources mid fight though.

Juvarisx

Florida
Okay working on the spec still, ignore the gear it makes not a whole lot of sense for it its still what I was using for Frozen Orb

Vel - Community - Diablo III

Wishlist:
A higher dps Shard of Hate obviously
Winter Flurry - Game Guide - Diablo III- 20pct cold at 70 + frost nova = money
a SoJ with cold

I am playing around with area damage on this under the belief that sleet storm will proc it making my death zone ridiculous, it might not and if it doesn't then I will change it but currently I can get 100% area dmg which is insane. Enemies that hit me tend to get frozen but it can be a bit dicey so I dropped Glass Cannon (duh) and added Unwavering will which works well so far with this. Arcane Power on Crit works nicely here as long as there is a few mobs you tend to never run out of AP with a high crit chance which I had due to frozen orb. For elites I just sleet storm and target them and Shard of Hate does work in combination.

Another option might be Glacial Spike + Mirror Ball, don't have one of those to try yet however

Crone

Ya, my gear sucks, so the crafted would probably for sure be an upgrade no matter what. Just wasn't sure if bracers were the go to, or if I should look at other things to craft with my materials!

Thanks guys! Even with all rares, still have paperdoll DPS of 617k (with pierce the veil passive) and 4+ million toughness! rawr! Legendaries are for pansies. haha

Tenks

The the advent of so much elemental% paperdoll DPS has become pretty much a worthless metric

Crone

The the advent of so much elemental% paperdoll DPS has become pretty much a worthless metric
Right? They need to redo it! I have +poison damage, +physical damage, and +zombie bears damage. Who knows what my real DPS is. Sucks.

Going to clean up my friends list tonight. Have some people on there that I haven't played with in forever from a few months ago.

Also, in case people didn't know.. you can change your battletag name. So if you all want to change it to match your forum name, you certainly can. Just log into your account on battle.net and make the switch.

Crone#1894, going to add some of you. I play late after 8pm PST.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
leveling a monk... anything I should be looking to spec as a monk while leveling?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Right? They need to redo it! I have +poison damage, +physical damage, and +zombie bears damage. Who knows what my real DPS is. Sucks.

Going to clean up my friends list tonight. Have some people on there that I haven't played with in forever from a few months ago.

Also, in case people didn't know.. you can change your battletag name. So if you all want to change it to match your forum name, you certainly can. Just log into your account on battle.net and make the switch.

Crone#1894, going to add some of you. I play late after 8pm PST.
It literally takes 3 minutes to get a good sample of your eDPS using the butcher. I wouldnt believe 98.5% of the posts of napkin math on any forums. Its much more reliable to run a few butchers and average your eDPS and then swap gear or builds and redo it.

Send me a tell, I want to test out something anyway and I can help you if you need.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
They're a 6 prop bracer with a really nice effect on them. Really no downside.

-edit-

Yeah for Wiz/WD they're only moderately useful since you'll usually be at 100% resource anyways at the start of the next fight. Still nice for some emergency resources mid fight though.
I agree.

Is there anything better for classes besides wiz or wd? I mean for dh it is essentially one of our passives, but even better, and most dhs use the passive so its a pretty good one.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
The Trag Coils or whatever are pretty nice, resets CDs and something else when you click healing well.