Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm with you but the efficiency lost is so great that it's simply not worth considering. I wonder how long it will take them to pull their heads out of their asses and make T2-6 worthwhile. 15% is a sad fucking joke, blood shards don't increase AT ALL, and we've already been over the retardation of bounty caches plenty of times here.
Multiplicative 15%. So I can clear T1 with my group in probably 5 minutes or less (haven't tried, not worth the frags). Or I can clear T4 in 10 minutes.

(1.15)*(2) = 2.30 legendary drop rate

vs

(1.15)*(1.15)*(1.15)*(1.15)*2 = 3.5 legendary drop rate

If we figure their 90 minute bullshit legendary "target" before any of this applies you're looking at:

T1: 1 every 40ish minutes

T4: 1 every 26ish minutes

Guess it really comes down to whether you can efficiently clear shit, have low amount of rift frags, or care about blood shards and souls.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think you forgot that the T1 group killed twice as many mobs in the same amount of time using your time figures. A good split-farm group can get T1 rifts down well below 5 minutes, also.

I never run out of frags because the motherfucking A3 cache steadfastly refuses to give me my Pride's Fall. And I care a great deal about blood shards since it's the only way to target specific items in even a small way. I average 25-30 souls a night because, with the exception of a long-overdue Harrington Waistguard I finally got last week, nothing at all usable has dropped for me in 2.5 weeks.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I think you forgot that the T1 group killed twice as many mobs in the same amount of time using your time figures. A good split-farm group can get T1 rifts down well below 5 minutes, also.

I never run out of frags because the motherfucking A3 cache steadfastly refuses to give me my Pride's Fall. And I care a great deal about blood shards since it's the only way to target specific items in even a small way. I average 25-30 souls a night because, with the exception of a long-overdue Harrington Waistguard I finally got last week, nothing at all usable has dropped for me in 2.5 weeks.
drag me with you

Ryoz

<Donor>
ANy suggestions for a newly 70 barbarian build? Newb newb gear. 275k dps, 4.5M toughness at the moment.
I'm sure it's been said many times, HoTA is a fine build. Becomes stronger once you start adding +fire gear and reapers wraps. Can check the build in my sig for deets. Might want to add in CoA as well.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Felt like a hidden nerf to drop rates last night, didn't see nearly as much activity in clan chat despite 50+ people on as usual and I got 1 legendary in ~8 t3 rifts and others in my group weren't faring any better.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Felt like RNGesus was on my side last night. I ended up looting 2 badass Crusader weapons, a second Jekanborg, and a nice Andy's ! gave most of it away as I was on an alt and playing with mains but still lucky.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Felt like RNGesus was on my side last night. I ended up looting 2 badass Crusader weapons, a second Jekanborg, and a nice Andy's ! gave most of it away as I was on an alt and playing with mains but still lucky.
Going to be on tonight? I need some Luxury in my life

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So I was dicking around with a few builds post-nerf of SoH. I still feel Light/WW is viable but possibly not the best. I took the spirit of the build (abuse the fuck out of SoH procs) in a different direction. WW was under the mantra of "proc SoH as much as possible." Now that it obeys proc rates I went with a build that still tries to maximize proc amounts of SoH while also gaining the most you can out of each proc you get. Here is basically what I came up with:

March - Community - Diablo III

(This is my bounty build the rift build takes Leap w/ Arreat -- also my secondary ring is a +STR/Trifecta not sure why it's showing the other one)

So a few things of note. I'm trying to stack CC so each time a SoH bolt hits the fucker crits. I opted against a fury spender in place I took Berserker's Rage. That way when the proc hits it is getting another 25% damage. Brawler for a similar idea. Cleave has an 80% proc rate to fire off SoH. Pretty damn good if you ask me. I am running Cleave instead of Frenzy (75% proc rate .. still damn good) because Odyn can proc as an on-hit instead of a on-use like SoH. So if you hit a bunch of shit with Odyn you can proc it more. It felt like my overall clearing was faster not to mention 210% vs 155% is pretty sizable.

Overpower w/ Spree is there just to get some extra gravy damage in packs but mostly it's 8% CC. The skill itself only procs SoH 1/3 of the time. Again I want it to just supplement Cleave procs.

Revenge is there to cause Knockback. This is important because I'm running Strongarm. Now once I Revenge some elites they're now taking 20% more damage. It is pretty sizable. Leap w/ Arreat achieves the same goal (from what I understand "pull in" procs Strongarm just like "knock back") but also serves to group up mobs so they die in a cleave.

I compared this build to both WW and I swapped in all my Fire gear and went a full HOTA build. It beat both in terms of clearing speed at T3. At T1 it felt like WW was a tad quicker.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Interesting note on Kadala, she can go on streaks with certain slots, and you can join your friend's games when she is paying out legendaries of a certain slot, and easily get legendaries. Video seems legit. Would be nice to get some of these exchanges going with clan members.

Suggestion: There is one legendary pool open at a time from Kadala. Buying from the "wrong legendary pool" wont get you any drops, buying from the "good pool" will get you and any other people joining the game legendary, for just a few shards spent.

Buy some out of each pool, if you suddenly get 1-2 legendary in a row: Bingo. Buy as much/as fast out of that item pool, tell your friends to enter your game so they can buy out of the same item pool, and they will get loot of about 1-3 items per 60 shards.

Further suggestion: Kadala has a time window open for the "legendary pool". It could switch any moment, but also gets reset if all people of the group leave town.

Tip (tested a few times and works great): Let at least one person stay in town, and Kadala won't get reset for still being in her time window! The other people in the game can farm shards and go back to town and buy out of the "good" pool, until the time window ends.

Tenks

Seems like a horribly strange implementation if true. However my own anecdotal evidence is I've seen it get streaky with legendary payout.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah that would kind of make sense with my tin foil hat, I usually get 2-3 gloves when I do or nothing for thousand.

Lets test it out, not like it hurts anything =)

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I don't understand why they would go with that implementation if they did. The programming behind it would easily be 10x more complicated.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Yeah Kadala seems to have a hidden mechanic to it. I got 6 legendary head pieces in one streak. Friend was also gambling on helms and got a good amount as well. With the way RNG is, this looks fishy as fuck.

This also happened with chests once now that i'm trying to remember. Streaks of items in 1 particular category seems awfully common for kadala.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I dont by it. Some dude on the Wizard forum was saying if you click fast and just fill your inventory with whatever slot, Kadala pays out Legendary items. Yes sounds nuts and yes you're damn right I tried it. She did give me 3 Legendary chest pieces from 300 shards! Not the Cindercoat I needed, but she gave me some legs.

Tenks

I dont by it. Some dude on the Wizard forum was saying if you click fast and just fill your inventory with whatever slot, Kadala pays out Legendary items. Yes sounds nuts and yes you're damn right I tried it. She did give me 3 Legendary chest pieces from 300 shards! Not the Cindercoat I needed, but she gave me some legs.
You're aware you are basically undergirding the video's point, yes?