Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Since you seem to be wise in these matters; If I have a weapon doing poison damage, but my primary skill turns my damage into holy... will my +10% holy weapon damage affect said poison weapon?
If you are talking about the crusader passive, I think that only affects weapons that have holy damage, the skill doesn't matter. I *think*, someone smarter can probably clarify that.

So that is one instance where the elemental damage on your weapon matters. About the only one.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That's correct, holy cause's dps increase only works on weapons with holy damage affixes. The healing part is nice in heavy AE situations though.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I referred to no such thing, so don't try and stick words in my mouth. What I'm referencing is the good:bad legendary ratio. You know you will never find just good items. You know you just may never see something drop. You know these things because that's how the game is designed and built to work. I know the drop rate is streaky. When I can get 5 legendary/set items in 10 minutes and have 4 of them be keepers, I don't cry when I don't get anything for 3 days. Hell realistically I've kept one item in the last week, but I'm not complaining about not getting loot.

The current rate at which good items are acquired, and then irresponsibly destroyed via enchanting is greater than perfect items are kept. Does trading prevent that? Bigger problems exist that the ability to get loot. Please stop talking about trading or getting more/better loot fixes the bigger and more impactful problems. Would you rather get more loot or more stable servers?
It's fucking hilarious for you to keep bringing up shit not present in any of the discussions. Did you even read the thread? This isn't about finding the perfect roll on an item, it's about being able to even target specific items. Does that mean we can roll with a good version while still targetting a better version, hell yes it does. Does it mean we don't want good while we search for perfect, no it doesn't. So just step of that assumption because you're a fucking idiot for making it.

As well, server stability is fine. I've had one major problem and some minor lag in two occurences. So yes, more loot since you're throwing that up against another strawman that no one brought up.

Oh noes!, my life isn't sucked up into a game that has no end! I get gear, and I get thegear at a pacethat is fine for me. I'm not trying to be fresh lvl 70 Paragon 0 jumping straight into T6 like you guys. I'm not a hardcore gamer because I know that in Diablo, whether you're on 24/7 or just a few hours a day, loot works aneven distribution. You want to finish a video game that took how years to develop in one afternoon? Go suck a dick.
Go ahead and explain the even distribution and "gear at a pace". I'll wait.

What amuses me the most, is that Ao has gotten the rarest (and best) weapon for a WD using the CURRENT IMPLEMENTATION and is whining about it.
I was gifted the rarest and best weapon for a WD from trading, and it's a fucking shame that trading isn't more open. If someone who completely lucked into something awesome is saying the system is broken, maybe the system is broken.

Seriously? xp gem is a bad idea? that's the best you've got?
It's not the best, but it was the easiest. I'm not gonna bother looking at your profile, because I can take apart your arguments about game mechanics without bringing up that your character setups suck (while I also agree my decisions on them are not great).

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
So the buddy I play with has managed to get some very nice Wizard pieces and now has a paperdoll damage >1M and is dropping meteors all over the place. As a result we've been running on Torment 3 and doing fairly well, but mostly because he's carrying me as I still run around with absolutely terrible gear. My monk is basically full support/tank now with Mantra of Healing running and using Exploding Palm plus AE knockback with Strongarm bracers as my offensive contribution.

Very maddening to feel so completely constrained by RNG drops.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
My Wizard is doing a T5 build with meteors Qhue if you want to check it out in my sig. If timing helps it takes me about 5-6 minutes to finish a T5 rift alone.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Stack whatever elemental damage % modifier that your skills are, crit and crit damage should be roughly 1:10 ratio, so 5% crit chance 50% crit damage, attack speed is almost always inferior to crit/crit damage (few specific exceptions to this), always socket emeralds and always have a socket in your weapon(s), never use a 2h unless you're crusader, run at least SOME area damage (50% from paragon is usually enough), pick up % skill mods for your most used/highest damage skill where you can. That's basically the gist of it outside some class specific stuff for mojos/quivers/sources.
Thanks for the post. +1. That's not really easily parsable for me, though.

Basically, I was following the below quote to some degree for my Wizard from the forums. Where's this wrong?

So, here's what I think is the optimal allocation of affixes on gear, and I'll explain how I arrived at these suggestions below if you want to read that far:

(an X indicates no prioritization from me. You can add whatever affix you want)

Helm: [INT/MainSpell%/CC/VIT]
Shoulders: INT/AR/RR-or-CDR/X
Chest: [INT/3OS/AR/Armor]
Bracers: [INT/element%/CC/AR]
Belt: INT/AR/X/X
Pants: [INT/2OS/Armor/AR]
Boots: INT/MainSpell%/AR/X
Source: INT/MainSpell%/CC/X
Gloves: [INT/CC/CD/VIT]
Ring1: INT/CC/CD/X
Ring2: INT/CC/CD/X
Amulet: [INT/element%/CC/CD]
Weapon: INT/damage%/OS/X

Legend:
INT = intelligence
VIT = Vitatlity
OS = Open Socket
Armor = armor
AR = All Resistance
CC = Critical hit Chance
CD = Critical hit Damage
Element% = Elemental skill deals X% damage
MainSpell% = Increases spell damage by X% (see below)
RR = Resource Reduction
CDR = Cool-Down Reduction
damage% = X% damage to weapon

Suggestions:
Shoulders where X = VIT, %life, armor, area damage
Belt where X = VIT, %life, or armor
Boots where X = VIT, %life, armor, or maybe MS
Source where X is probably APOC or area damage. VIT though gives a high roll here.
Ring where X = anything that you want. Min/max damage, area, damage, RR, CDR, AR, IAS, whatever
Weapon where X = probably %dmg. I like to have RR here for channeling builds

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Hmm your build has me a bit puzzled. You look like everything you are doing is Fire, but dont you want diversity in attacks to maximize the Tal Rasha proc and get all 4 meteors every 8 seconds?

Juvarisx

Florida
He is only using the 3 set bonus, the 4 set is medicore past T4 (you simply dont have the room to branch into 4 different elements at that point, you have to stack either fire or arcane, use prismatic energy armor, etc)

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Don't see anything glaringly wrong with that as a priority system. Might be touch low on VIT overall, but plenty of X areas to fill that in. The only real snags you might hit are going to be certain legendary affixes making you have to scrap the system for that slot (harringtons, set pieces, tasker and theo etc).

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
He is only using the 3 set bonus, the 4 set is medicore past T4 (you simply dont have the room to branch into 4 different elements at that point, you have to stack either fire or arcane, use prismatic energy armor, etc)
He's using ring of grandeur for 4piece, but yea past a certain gear point all that matters is fire skills (right around the cindercoat+magefist point).

Neki

Molten Core Raider
My Wizard is doing a T5 build with meteors Qhue if you want to check it out in my sig. If timing helps it takes me about 5-6 minutes to finish a T5 rift alone.
Why not reroll the +Energy Twister and +Electrocute on pants and mirrorball into +Magic Missile/Meteor?

Juvarisx

Florida
He's using ring of grandeur for 4piece, but yea past a certain gear point all that matters is fire skills (right around the cindercoat+magefist point).
Totally glossed over that grandeur. I'd question not using a Harrington if you had one instead at that point (probably doesnt have one), if only using single element

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not with the way fire is boosted, those meteors hit 7-8 times I think whether AE or single for a lot and nonstop. With the cinder you can pump out 5 casts and rebuild your AP back before the meteors finish.

My fire gear was 1/2 on my WD so I would swap back to SoJ fire + Fire Andy's + Eventuallt fire neck

No Harrington on wiz either =((

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
The number 1 thing I would fix with this game is making monsters drop as many legendaries as chests do. About 70% of your legendaries come from objects of some kind, making the slaying of monsters feel like a chore.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, Diablo 3, Reaper of crates.
I ran 7 T2-T3 rifts in RIF last night and got one legendary - from a destructible.
They were mob dense rifts, however. Probably get more legendary drops from the long hallway full of clickables and destructibles.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
As funny as that is its true, almost all of my set pieces have come from corpses & crates /tinfoilhat on.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Anyone know what the puzzle ring ratio is? I feel like the little goblin craps out a lego like every 3rd or 4th drop.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
It says on the ring doesn't it? Oh you mean... nevermind I got it.