Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was wondering if those sucked, I got one of them a few days ago.

Do you think Chillinaks is worth wearing over Harringtons? I tried it last night and it felt like the perm mobility that stacked with sprint was worth it in at least T2.

Tenks

I think one got 2.1k DPS and the other 1.9k DPS. So nothing extraordinary but nothing fantastic. I couldn't figure out the proc chance exactly on the weapons. I was basically running an element-less build using WW/Hurricane as my main damage dealer with Rend to hit them as I'm passing through. I could see it working decently on low torments but it just didn't have the sustained DPS required for Torment3. But since WW/Hurricane and Rend are both Physical skills (along with the proc) I could see stacking physical as a *possible* way of running. It is just so damn hard to stack Physical compared to other elements.

Tenks

Do you think Chillinaks is worth wearing over Harringtons? I tried it last night and it felt like the perm mobility that stacked with sprint was worth it in at least T2.
For pure farming I'd take Chillinak's over Harrington *unless* I have enough fury generation that I can use Sprint without worry of running out. Which basically means you have some form of set bonus like IK4 + COTA w/ Fury. I generally farm on lower Torments anyways so getting a 100% damage boost from Harrington means I'm not really saving that much time.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

I love chili chains because it means I can use war cry(which you should have anyway) instead of sprint. So, it's the same mobility but it frees up an ability slot and reduces your rage usage.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I loved that it stacks, it gives me a chance to keep up with Fletch and other DHs bouncing all over the map.

Tenks

I love chili chains because it means I can use war cry(which you should have anyway) instead of sprint. So, it's the same mobility but it frees up an ability slot and reduces your rage usage.
Like everything it is a give and take. To really make that work you need a decent amount of CDR to maximize War Cry's sprint uptime. So you need a Diamond in your helmet as a minimum requirement. But that only removes about 2.5 seconds off the cooldown. So you'd probably like more but CDR takes up primary slot minimizing your potential DPS. The good thing about Sprint is that it is always there when you need it. You spend the ability slot to enhance your gear potential.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Well, they should be getting the move speed buff from chains too.

On a barb, I have no problems giving up IAS to get more CDR. More CDR is more fury from earthen might, cota, and grim harvest. More IAS is more fury usage instead. I only consider IAS a dps stat when I have the fury gen to sustain it. At this point, I don't.

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
I think one got 2.1k DPS and the other 1.9k DPS. So nothing extraordinary but nothing fantastic. I couldn't figure out the proc chance exactly on the weapons. I was basically running an element-less build using WW/Hurricane as my main damage dealer with Rend to hit them as I'm passing through. I could see it working decently on low torments but it just didn't have the sustained DPS required for Torment3. But since WW/Hurricane and Rend are both Physical skills (along with the proc) I could see stacking physical as a *possible* way of running. It is just so damn hard to stack Physical compared to other elements.
It's ok on low torments, but still any build with a hota focus is going to be better for 2 shotting champ packs rather than spinning around them for 5-8 seconds in a multiplayer game. I have pretty much ideal gear for a BK-ww set (2233 and 2161 dps with near perfect str on each) and it's still awful: 3pc ik + harrington + 20% physical andy's + 19% physical SoJ + 2 pc physical aughilds (shoulders with rend damage) + hexing pants. I can't even think of anything to upgrade that setup unless they fix the movement bug with hexing pants/WW. It seems to work better with a hota-damage aughild's helm and reapers wraps and you just use a physical hota for elites rather than rend and you don't have any fury problems keeping sprint up.

With the bunch of +fury BK set gives I had better luck running it as a spearless boulder toss build before. You can get well over 200 fury with it, and reaper's returns a percentage so you run it with shear/grim harvest to get fury up quick in packs and one shot them with boulders. Can still get 100m-ish crits without spear on elites. My problem with that was that I simply don't like the boulder toss animation- it makes your character come to a complete stop while the animation goes off which just doesn't feel good with WW. And hitting stuff like fast ghosts with it is just miserable.

One of the things I like to do as a change of pace is to join public T1 games and carry hard if there's a rift open. People get really excited and will chain open them on most occasions. I've tried using a few forms with the BK set for this but lightning just always feels faster.

Tenks

Well, they should be getting the move speed buff from chains too.

On a barb, I have no problems giving up IAS to get more CDR. More CDR is more fury from earthen might, cota, and grim harvest. More IAS is more fury usage instead.
Yes and fury usage = dead monsters. Perhaps if Reaper's Wraps didn't exist the conversation would be different but I'd rather run into a pack of shit, Grim Harvest, blow my Fury load then get back to 100 on my way out via globes.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I completed that set yesterday and it sucks ass. I may dick around with more builds and possibly re-roll some Strongarms to Physical% but I was so very, very underwhelmed by the set as a whole.
It sounds fun, but the WW effect isn't very strong and the weapons themselves roll kind of low.
Shut up.

Mine rolled pretty well, well over 2100 dps each. I just need to get the socket to roll on the other one and it's a nice upgrade for a new Barb. I also got the plans for Devastator so I'll have some good weapons to play around with at least.

Tenks

It's ok on low torments, but still any build with a hota focus is going to be better for 2 shotting champ packs rather than spinning around them for 5-8 seconds in a multiplayer game. I have pretty much ideal gear for a BK-ww set (2233 and 2161 dps with near perfect str on each) and it's still awful: 3pc ik + harrington + 20% physical andy's + 19% physical SoJ + 2 pc physical aughilds (shoulders with rend damage) + hexing pants. I can't even think of anything to upgrade that setup unless they fix the movement bug with hexing pants/WW. It seems to work better with a hota-damage aughild's helm and reapers wraps and you just use a physical hota for elites rather than rend and you don't have any fury problems keeping sprint up.

With the bunch of +fury BK set gives I had better luck running it as a spearless boulder toss build before. You can get well over 200 fury with it, and reaper's returns a percentage so you run it with shear/grim harvest to get fury up quick in packs and one shot them with boulders. Can still get 100m-ish crits without spear on elites. My problem with that was that I simply don't like the boulder toss animation- it makes your character come to a complete stop while the animation goes off which just doesn't feel good with WW. And hitting stuff like fast ghosts with it is just miserable.

One of the things I like to do as a change of pace is to join public T1 games and carry hard if there's a rift open. People get really excited and will chain open them on most occasions. I've tried using a few forms with the BK set for this but lightning just always feels faster.
Were you running Physical Strongarms as well with WW/Hurricane? Those alone would be a flat 20% damage increase from the WW's suck-in effect.

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
Were you running Physical Strongarms as well with WW/Hurricane? Those alone would be a flat 20% damage increase from the WW's suck-in effect.
No, have you actually tried hurricane since RoS?

"The original Hurricane rune effect (move at your normal movement speed) was removed and changed to a periodical pull effect with a 35 yard radius, 1 sec per pull frequency, pulled enemies gain a hurricane pull immunity for 5 sec and the pull doesn?t affect elite enemies."

It's awful, it doesn't pull elites and it has a big ICD so it doesn't work in packs of whites either. You just use the nado one or heal on crit one as physical, hurricane is a complete waste of a rune.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yes and fury usage = dead monsters. Perhaps if Reaper's Wraps didn't exist the conversation would be different but I'd rather run into a pack of shit, Grim Harvest, blow my Fury load then get back to 100 on my way out via globes.
On big packs, sure, grim harvest is dependable enough. Smaller, spread out packs, not so much. Keep in mind, you have permanent ancients, you can probably afford to spend your fury a bit more freely.

Even if I had zero fury usage, I still might prefer CDR over IAS, just from a damage standpoint.

Tenks

No, have you actually tried hurricane since RoS?

"The original Hurricane rune effect (move at your normal movement speed) was removed and changed to a periodical pull effect with a 35 yard radius, 1 sec per pull frequency, pulled enemies gain a hurricane pull immunity for 5 sec and the pull doesn?t affect elite enemies."

It's awful, it doesn't pull elites and it has a big ICD so it doesn't work in packs of whites either. You just use the nado one or heal on crit one as physical, hurricane is a complete waste of a rune.
Ah I knew about the 1s ICD but was fine with that since Strongarms debuffs for 5 seconds. Didn't know it failed to proc on elites. In that case fuck Hurricane.