Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
All I can say after reading the Wizard changes are WTF Blizzard?

The main element that allows Wizards into T5-T6 is fire, using a WoW or MB/MM with Conflag. So what do you do, you give Fire another great spending option by breaking up Archon into elemental damage types. Sigh.

Is anybody going to switch to Lighting or Cold to use Archon? I highly doubt it. Lighting and Cold still suck and now you've weakened Arcane and boosted the crap out of Fire.

I used to be Lightning back when I was doing T1, then I switched to Arcane after getting some good Arcane drops. While as Arcane I got a number of lighting drops and then I got an Odyn's Son. I had about 20% more lightning damage than arcane so I tried a lighting build and got my ass handed to me in T3 which as arcane I can pretty much blow through.

IMO Cold and Lightning just don't have good spenders like Fire and Arcane and making Archon now Fire/Lighting/Cold/Arcane doesn't help Lighting or Cold, nerfs Arcane and gives a giant boost to Fire.

Weren't we supposed to be doing the opposite guys?

/boggle!

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Cold barb may be viable now. I think using that helm from Act3 and cold Seismic Slam could be an option.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Either I missed a lot of notes skimming over it or I am very underwhelmed by the changes with all the time they had. I didn't see them mention fixing % damage on elemental weapons and I didn't see a mention of the cache/rift rewards change.

Tenks

Either I missed a lot of notes skimming over it or I am very underwhelmed by the changes with all the time they had. I didn't see them mention fixing % damage on elemental weapons and I didn't see a mention of the cache/rift rewards change.
These are just data mined stuff not the actual patch notes. I don't think you could really mine the bonus to caches and shards unless they change the strings to convey that information. Same with %dmg on ele.

Blackyce

These are just data mined stuff not the actual patch notes. I don't think you could really mine the bonus to caches and shards unless they change the strings to convey that information. Same with %dmg on ele.
Anyone know when the actual patch notes are coming out?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
There is extra caches, extra legs, and a buffed Kadala along with the normal 100% xp and gold for their anniversary buff. I'm just glad to be getting anything at this point.

The patch is in per the forum posts but wont be live until maintenance is done, I would imagine the notes will come closer to then.

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
Cold slam was always viable with fury ancients, just a bit slow (unlike hota you don't get the high fury crit chance bonus so it does less damage in a bigger area- single target struggles). I'm not sure this'll speed it up much- in fact it's probably worse now because it won't knock-up so you're going to miss strongarm damage. What cold really needed was a weapon throw builder, because due to the range you basically end up playing slam as a ranged class. Giving cold hurricane is a joke, it's one of the most useless runes I've seen in the game.

The stagger change is interesting, I may try it out instead of lightning hota on my lower-torment speed barb. Currently I use lightning hota + wind shear so I'll try replacing hota with it, and also test using frenzy/smite + it and just not bothering to WW anymore since the range/damage is nice and the fury cost is manageable now. The fire change removing the knockback is also a welcome change, it basically made the rune unusable. You could add it to a leap barb now to keep strongarm proc up while ccing the mobs.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Recal I know have your Barbs loot aids. Im at 4 earth pants & 2 gauntlets, WRU helm / shoulders???

Blackyce

There is extra caches, extra legs, and a buffed Kadala along with the normal 100% xp and gold for their anniversary buff. I'm just glad to be getting anything at this point.

The patch is in per the forum posts but wont be live until maintenance is done, I would imagine the notes will come closer to then.
When does the Anniversary Buff happen?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Diablo 3 turns 2 on Wednesday, wouldn't be surprised if the buffs rotate (random buff per rift or something) or some of them are for future events.

Tenks

Cold slam was always viable with fury ancients, just a bit slow (unlike hota you don't get the high fury crit chance bonus so it does less damage in a bigger area- single target struggles). I'm not sure this'll speed it up much- in fact it's probably worse now because it won't knock-up so you're going to miss strongarm damage. What cold really needed was a weapon throw builder, because due to the range you basically end up playing slam as a ranged class. Giving cold hurricane is a joke, it's one of the most useless runes I've seen in the game.

The stagger change is interesting, I may try it out instead of lightning hota on my lower-torment speed barb. Currently I use lightning hota + wind shear so I'll try replacing hota with it, and also test using frenzy/smite + it and just not bothering to WW anymore since the range/damage is nice and the fury cost is manageable now. The fire change removing the knockback is also a welcome change, it basically made the rune unusable. You could add it to a leap barb now to keep strongarm proc up while ccing the mobs.
I wish they changed lightning Revenge's skill to suck in enemies instead of knock them away. Right now the skill is worthless since no one wants to chase mobs around like that.

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
Recal I know have your Barbs loot aids. Im at 4 earth pants & 2 gauntlets, WRU helm / shoulders???
Yea, it sucks. And it's why I can't see myself ever playing ladder or another class unless I get lucky and get a build-defining item while playing my barbs/they implement some form of trading/they introduce a smart-loot toggle. After I finally got my shoulders to drop I got another shoulders the day after. Still haven't found pants, but since I don't have a fire-SoJ (basically the last barb item I really covet, though I wouldn't argue with a witching hour for when I don't have chests to open) it's probably not worth dropping hexing pants to get rid of RoRG yet anyway.

I do enjoy playing both my barbs currently though, and I don't have the stress about absolutely needing a make-or break item (at least until they nerf unity). Obviously the EQ barb's RoRG is better but at low torment it doesn't matter and I don't have to keep swapping gear between them.
Lightning + ancients + movement speed- low torment/bounties.
Earthquake + unity- T6.

Hoping they fix the %damage this patch, my lightning barb will see a nice boost on his TF.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
So with Vyr's does that mean a wizard simply picks the skill rune based on the Archon elemental type he wants? Cause there's likely to be a shit ton of Fire Archon sets after this patch. Teleport Wormhole/Calamity getting nerfed makes the Cosmic Strand useless so grats Mirrorball
Until their is a frostcoat, arcanecoat, etc I would imagine Fire is going to trump most elements.

Check out the notes for TP Calamity, Calamity was nerfed some but you can still TP the same amount basically 3/16 = 0.1875 Teleports/sec right now and once maint drops it should be 2/11 = 0.1818 Teleports/sec per those datamined changes.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
I take back what I said about not needing the 6-piece Akkhan set. Jesus can you imagine:

Fires of Heaven with FotF (buffed up to 960% weapon damage!)
Akarat's Champion: Embodiment of Power for 10 wrath/second PLUS 35% EXTRA DAMAGE with 6-piece Akkhan for 50% RCR and 100% uptime with ~50% CDR
Maybe one extra roll of wrath regen?

Infinite Resources and a buffed FoH beyond what they nerfed it from? Shotgun build is going to be insane. I can't believe they would make these changes!

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Imagine with Fervor as well, going to be interested to see what crusader builds get made out of these changes.

Cannoneer has been good always you bad Wizs

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Thought so too... Maybe it is time to switch back to it.
It matches your attack speed up to 2 attacks per second. It's only insane with a lot of +arcane damage. I was afraid they'd make it some other element.

Cannoneer is so much better than Sparkflint that it totally threw off my tal's 4pc build.