Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
I think the big two are cache scaling and blood shard scaling
Torment-only legendaries also being included in caches is the big one for me, since I've plateaued for weeks and can really only improve from targeted upgrades (i.e. another shot at MOTE or IK for my barb).

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
The only really big miss is Kadala. She sucks, and she's not an engaging way to get loot. Even if they significantly upped the blood shard cost and made her hand out only legendaries she'd be much better. There is nothing good about filling your inventory with yellows to sell or salvage over and over again.
Completely agree. Hell I'd even take 500 blood shards for a Legendary over way it is now. I've done 1500 blood shards, no lego. Then I do like a hundred yesterday and get two. It's just frustrating.

Blackyce

Torment-only legendaries also being included in caches is the big one for me, since I've plateaued for weeks and can really only improve from targeted upgrades (i.e. another shot at MOTE or IK for my barb).
Gives an actual reason to run bounties on something other than Normal.

Nadiar

That's sort of what happened to me, except instead of real life I do it with obsessing over different games until I burn out. RoS was my "break" from Dota2, had a friend get me into a match last week and was like hey, it's fun again, and lost the last interest I had in the D3 grind. Keep waiting for it to "feel" like D2, which didn't feel as grindy even if that's all you did was baal/meph over and over (or ubers from mods really), and for whatever reason, I just don't think that's going to happen.
Yeah, this tends to be how I play games too. Once they talked about all of the drop/gamble changes happening in 2.0.5 everyone I know in real life lost motivation to play very much. I log in when I'm bored on the weekends, but it's been interspersed with watching the NFL Draft, playing Trials Fusion, and playing Hearthstone. My girlfriend plays WoW, and that's basically it, and she can't understand the way I play games as marathon races for a few weeks and then I move on. As far as she's concerned, I should just tank Heroics all day every day while she heals me. If she takes a break from WoW for a week, it's to play Zelda or some other old game and watch TV.

In D2 I remember having all of the gear I needed to play my current spec by the time I was level 70. The only time I had an issue was as a Sorc trying to get Tals. I was level 93 and still couldn't complete the fucking set. I had been avoiding d2jsp and similar sites because I assumed that shit would cost a lot of money that soon after a reset, but when I actually saw how cheap it was, I pretty much immediately quit D2.

The game is in great shape right now. RoS offered so many improvements. The bounty and rift system is a fun way to get loot and a more diverse system than anything we had in D2. The torment difficulty slide is soo much better than the Inferno act system we used to have. Crafting is a great way to reliable farm for specific items especially for fresh 70s, but rarely are they best in slot. The only really big miss is Kadala. She sucks, and she's not an engaging way to get loot. Even if they significantly upped the blood shard cost and made her hand out only legendaries she'd be much better. There is nothing good about filling your inventory with yellows to sell or salvage over and over again.
The thing that makes no sense is with weapons costing 15 shards, they should have 3x the chance of getting a legendary. Amulets and Rings should work the same way. They're the hardest thing to get a good roll on already, and they're the most 'important' pieces you need. I think they balanced gambling around getting any legendary, when no one has ever really had issues getting a character into full legendary items. The issue is that most of the legendary items are pretty generic and don't help you with the build you need.

Like I said I'm sure Blizzard wants to do something like this and perhaps we won't get it until the next expansion. I still think most of their efforts this expansion was un-fucking up some of the code that made it so rigid and impossible to customize. I hope now that the effort for that is finished they can work on adding more content to the game. I honestly think their original plan for Diablo3 + Expansions was simply adding new acts and thinking people were fine with the way end-game worked in Inferno. Since that clearly wasn't working they had to re-engineer some of the core of the game to allow for things such as rifts and bounties -- which they pretty much always said was impossible prior to the expansion.
Of all the things Jay's team fucked up (and honestly, they did really well with ability synergy, class distinction, and the combat engine), the UI being some hard coded mess is the one that blows my mind.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Gives an actual reason to run bounties on something other than Normal.
with the way blizzard does their changes, i wouldent doubt if normal for the volume of caches is still better.

even with buffs to rifts, its still not as good as doing ghom or any other elite 60times an hour, just isn't, add in the fact you can run ghom on like t5-6 and it dosent slow you down.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
How can you rag on the combat engine? The combat is fluid and amazing. Fuck the engine is the half the reason I play the game.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
with the way blizzard does their changes, i wouldent doubt if normal for the volume of caches is still better.
This is what I'm afraid of and what I'm sure will happen.

I want to run bounties on T6 and have a good chance at legendary drops. T6 split farm will be difficult or impossible for many--the rewards should be good. But I know that the math will probably work out such that I might as well split farm T1 bounties (does caches dropping Torment legendaries mean you have to farm torment bounties for them?) which is incredibly boring and not fun at all.

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
I think they'll just scale it like they do the torment difficulties- and we'll get the usual arguments/theories about it after the fact. Some people feel like t6 drops them way more stuff, some think there's no noticeable rate difference between t1 and t6. Either way, I'm sure some people will still go 1000 bounties without seeing a set item, and others will post screenshots of opening 5 caches and seeing 5 green beams.

Nadiar

How can you rag on the combat engine? The combat is fluid and amazing. Fuck the engine is the half the reason I play the game.
If you were responding to me, you read it opposite of what I intended.

I said they did well with the combat engine, class ability synergies, and making the classes feel distinctly different.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If you were responding to me, you read it opposite of what I intended.

I said they did well with the combat engine, class ability synergies, and making the classes feel distinctly different.
My bad. Re-read it and I took it wrong the first glance.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
They needed it. Permanent akarats and judgement/resolved were both stupid mechanics and needed changing. Just glad they also handed a lot of other needed changes while nerfing those.

Also holy shit, 1h crusader is maybe an option now?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Some good changes, especially on the element part, they really needed to do that shit before they released but eh. Demon Hunter only change seems like shit, making the passive into a generic monk passive, dex into armor, it's alright I guess but I liked the dodge one for farming specific higher torment shit where you don't get hit often like when you're vaulting very fast.

Monk Bell buff seems pretty nice, might become viable again haven't checked the numbers, but that's a pretty solid buff to a skill that really needed it.

Witch Doctor changes are really strong it seems. Zombie Handler now doesn't suck as much even though I doubt people will run it still, Fetish Sycophants was pretty much buffed even though you can't firebats in town anymore to build an army and shit on a boss instantly, Fierce Loyalty is INSANELY FUCKING GOOD since it's basically 30%movespeed when ooc all the time, Dogs also buffed by quite a lot. Really like these changes, very good buffs.

Crusader buffs look mostly really good, especially the passive changes are fucking awesome. Removing the nephalem shit, giving a 1H passive instead, making Holy Cause work on every build, buffing every shield block skills, giving an additional very strong way to generate wrath through blocks, it's really great. There is however a huge nerf with Judgement Resolved only being 20%crit instead of 80%crit, so I think this one isn't going to be used anymore. They also removed the nephalem globe law sadly. Also Akkarat was fairly nerfed so if you had the full set bonus, I don't think you're gonna see much of an improvement from the patch. No more movespeed akkarat, no more cooldown reduction akkarat. Does have a better effect now but meh. Also doesn't rez you anymore which is pretty annoying but I guess they added a passive for HC crusaders instead.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So with Vyr's does that mean a wizard simply picks the skill rune based on the Archon elemental type he wants? Cause there's likely to be a shit ton of Fire Archon sets after this patch. Teleport Wormhole/Calamity getting nerfed makes the Cosmic Strand useless so grats Mirrorball