Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Only mats I farmed are ones I actually used so I don't feel so bad. Plus I have half a stash full of unique mats I was never gonna use, so that's bonus gold for me! Although 50k isn't that much once you can start farming on Torment 3 or 4, and with gem combines costing so many times more than that.
kCmaDh3.jpg

bout to make bank

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Not likely. It's not effected by CDR, so 6s is a bit too long to make a steady kill skill. Still better serves your clear speed as a mobility skill. Now, whether your mobility skill also doing damage is a better set bonus than other items you can get in those slots, don't know.

The explosion from the set will be mostly extraneous damage, wasted. What does that have to do with sweeping winds? Surely you're not letting it fall off every pack?

Yes, they are solid arguments. You're blathering on about damage when I've already said I don't care about the damage. Address my concerns or shutup.
Solid arguments for what, that the changes are pathetic?

1. You brought up damage in both of your points.
2. Not caring about 4000% weapon damage every 6 seconds for zero spirit doesn't make 4000% weapon damage every 6 seconds for zero spirit a "pathetic" change.
3. Are you claiming that you can kill an elite pack with 75 spirit? That's what it sounds like, and if so I could see how the monkey garb bonus would be wasted. My monk cannot kill an elite pack with 75 spirit and I don't think I have seen any monk that can do that. It would probably not be wasted on 99.9999% of monks.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
What mats tdid they discontinue? other than the unique legendary ones? or was that it?
yeah just the shit like essence of twin seas, I didn't sell those cause I didn't have any but I had a lot of all the other random ones that nobody was ever gonna craft but im a pack rat and I saved them for WHAT IFFFFFFFFFFFF.

kinda like accordions stack up there but a lot bigger.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Solid arguments for what, that the changes are pathetic?

1. You brought up damage in both of your points.
2. Not caring about 4000% weapon damage every 6 seconds for zero spirit doesn't make 4000% weapon damage every 6 seconds for zero spirit a "pathetic" change.
3. Are you claiming that you can kill an elite pack with 75 spirit? That's what it sounds like, and if so I could see how the monkey garb bonus would be wasted. My monk cannot kill an elite pack with 75 spirit and I don't think I have seen any monk that can do that. It would probably not be wasted on 99.9999% of monks.
So? I brought it up to point out that the damage is a waste. What did you do, just search my post for the keyword 'damage'? The mechanics of the set bonuses do not allow for good utilization, hence I don't care what the damage is. And I already said 4 piece monkey would be somewhat useful on elites and bosses. Please try to read to the whole post before getting butthurt just because you play the class.

For the last time, yes, #2 is a pathetic change. The charges for dashing strike only regenerate every 6s, it's a limited resource. Thus, using dashing strike for damage instead of mobility(because doing it for both will be quite rare) has an opportunity cost of the other.

Already addressed #3.

Silence_sl

shitlord
Stack of dumb changes in this patch.

Crafting changes? The zero people that asked for this? Doubling the souls requirement? Now, MUCH less desire to play since it takes just that bit more mindless farming to get shit that I don't want. The doubling of the set piece drop rate still doesn't fix the fact that 99% of the set piece rolls are pure shit.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
36mill crits with dashing strike on my shitty monk, but I don't see it being game changing or anything, sure you can save it and melt a pack of elites pretty quick I guess? if that's how you want to use it.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Still aren't nearly enough viable builds.

Revisit this in a year after you get close-ish to capping out.

/thread

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
So? I brought it up to point out that the damage is a waste. What did you do, just search my post for the keyword 'damage'?
I was responding to this:
You're blathering on about damage when I've already said I don't care about the damage. Address my concerns or shutup.
The mechanics of the set bonuses do not allow for good utilization, hence I don't care what the damage is. And I already said 4 piece monkey would be somewhat useful on elites and bosses. Please try to read to the whole post before getting butthurt just because you play the class.
So, somewhat useful for killing elites and bosses but wasted on trash mobs earns a "pathetic" ruling when considering set bonuses. Understood.

For the last time, yes, #2 is a pathetic change. The charges for dashing strike only regenerate every 6s, it's a limited resource. Thus, using dashing strike for damage instead of mobility(because doing it for both will be quite rare) has an opportunity cost of the other.
Not if you usehttp://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/jawbreaker, but I am guessing that will have no bearing on how pathetic you see the change to be. But whatever, you're entitled to your opinions. I honestly just thought you were trolling based on how different your understanding of the game is from mine.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Stack of dumb changes in this patch.

Crafting changes? The zero people that asked for this? Doubling the souls requirement? Now, MUCH less desire to play since it takes just that bit more mindless farming to get shit that I don't want. The doubling of the set piece drop rate still doesn't fix the fact that 99% of the set piece rolls are pure shit.
Soul Requirements are the same as they've been for ages now. I just made a ton of shit two weeks ago and I assure you it took 2 souls per go. They up the yellow/blue/white cost to varying degrees to remove the unique drop.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm still not seeing how you "got me" with damage.

Unless you get super prison or a random rift packed with elites, what do you spend most of your time killing? That aside, it fails to meet your own criteria for a set bonus. How does monkey 4 piece change your play style?

You're right in your assumption, but I won't just summarily dismiss it. The only way jawbreaker works is if you dash into a pack as you're coming into range. As in, you haven't cycloned yet. Thus, your 15 yard AE probably won't hit everyone. You'll still have to kill the remainders. I could see jawbreaker being marginally useful for instantly killing a straggler or two, thus allowing you to move on immediately and not waste the move speed buff from the star rune. But you could have easily just dashed away anyway and not cared about killing stragglers.

Sabbat, still sore about being called on your kill speed?

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, if its still just 2 souls its been that way since ros launch. If they didn't require two you wouldn't be limited by souls at all for crafting legendaries since you still get one when you salvage the item.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Gonna start making a little bit of room, with the complete obvious names I don't recognize, so anyone can start inviting the actives posting here, and ill do my best.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
How could I possibly be sore about my monks kill speed 2 months ago? I melted shit in T3 and posted a quick little video to show what "melting" looked like (on a monk).

Just stand back and have a look at the way you're treating Tortfeasor. You've had a burning hatred of the Monk, and have treated Monk players with that same hatred. It's not our fault we play differently, or expect different things from the class.

Dashing Strike is a great way to get in and out of trouble, meaning that it's important to know when to use it, and when not too. The added damage on the set bonus is going to make that choice much more important.

So, stop being a cunt.