Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
How could I possibly be sore about my monks kill speed 2 months ago? I melted shit in T3 and posted a quick little video to show what "melting" looked like (on a monk).

Just stand back and have a look at the way you're treating Tortfeasor. You've had a burning hatred of the Monk, and have treated Monk players with that same hatred. It's not our fault we play differently, or expect different things from the class.

Dashing Strike is a great way to get in and out of trouble, meaning that it's important to know when to use it, and when not too. The added damage on the set bonus is going to make that choice much more important.

So, stop being a cunt.
its just saved for elites, or rounding up a giant pack + elites, zipping through at 36mill crits 3 times is ok, that's with 75% lightning dmg if it matters, could get more, and a 2200 dps wep.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
I'm still not seeing how you "got me" with damage.
That's my point; we don't understand each other.

Unless you get super prison or a random rift packed with elites, what do you spend most of your time killing? That aside, it fails to meet your own criteria for a set bonus. How does monkey 4 piece change your play style?
I never laid out criteria for a set bonus, I simply referred to Blizz's statement of their goals for itemization. But if I had enough of that set I would try it with a tempest rush build and some hexing pants and it would most likely clear a T6 rift in 7 minutes.

You're right in your assumption, but I won't just summarily dismiss it. The only way jawbreaker works is if you dash into a pack as you're coming into range. As in, you haven't cycloned yet. Thus, your 15 yard AE probably won't hit everyone. You'll still have to kill the remainders. I could see jawbreaker being marginally useful for instantly killing a straggler or two, thus allowing you to move on immediately and not waste the move speed buff from the star rune. But you could have easily just dashed away anyway and not cared about killing stragglers.
What if you consider a *different* rune, such as Quicksilver, that gives you a max of 3 charges. Even without any stragglers you could dash in, cyclone, dash out of the pack and dash back in every couple of seconds. That is just one example, but did you consider every possible item/rune combination before mouthshitting into this thread? Or should we have just ascertained the vast processing power of your brain from "meh. changes are pathetic"? You are a colossal asshat and I wish for at least four bad things to happen to you today.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
You guys arguing your opinions even after you realize youre not going to see eye to eye on this are kinda silly.

Anywho over weekend i got my 2nd TF, a SoH, WoW and another Witching Hour. Now im pondering working on my monk a bit and curious if i should go lightning or fire.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
How could I possibly be sore about my monks kill speed 2 months ago? I melted shit in T3 and posted a quick little video to show what "melting" looked like (on a monk).

Just stand back and have a look at the way you're treating Tortfeasor. You've had a burning hatred of the Monk, and have treated Monk players with that same hatred. It's not our fault we play differently, or expect different things from the class.

Dashing Strike is a great way to get in and out of trouble, meaning that it's important to know when to use it, and when not too. The added damage on the set bonus is going to make that choice much more important.

So, stop being a cunt.
You posted a video of the squishiest of elites. I asked for a more normal HP elite and you got mouthy about it.

I don't have a "burning hatred" for the monk class. Still my favorite class excepting the totally broken mechanics of OWE and dodge. That's really my only major problems with the class(every class has minor problems not really worth discussing). You guys act like I fucked your mother when I voice an opinion on the class. You guys can have different expectations, sure, but be prepared to elucidate them. No one has yet to show why these set changes are great, even within the context of personal play styles.

That's my point; we don't understand each other.

I never laid out criteria for a set bonus, I simply referred to Blizz's statement of their goals for itemization. But if I had enough of that set I would try it with a tempest rush build and some hexing pants and it would most likely clear a T6 rift in 7 minutes.

What if you consider a *different* rune, such as Quicksilver, that gives you a max of 3 charges. Even without any stragglers you could dash in, cyclone, dash out of the pack and dash back in every couple of seconds. That is just one example, but did you consider every possible item/rune combination before mouthshitting into this thread? Or should we have just ascertained the vast processing power of your brain from "meh. changes are pathetic"? You are a colossal asshat and I wish for at least four bad things to happen to you today.
I understand you just fine. I understand you posted Blizzard's definition of set pieces and then reinforced that point so you could back out of it.

Tempest rush with monkey garb isn't bad, I'll admit I haven't thought of that one. But, upon some rumination, I don't think that would work too well. You're constantly spending spirit, thus your control of the explosions would be very poor. Are there monks now that speed clear T6 with tempest rush? Also, consider that a lot of TR builds use as much CDR as possible. Would you be giving up 10%-20% CDR to get those explosions? You'll be losing Inner Fire uptime for explosions.

That's your rebuttal? Sacrifice even more mobility so you can cast dashing strike THREE times per pack? And no, you couldn't do that every couple seconds, that's every 12 seconds minimum. You aren't doing that every pack. Just admit it, you saw big numbers and that's all you thought of it. Even tecknoe agrees with me, and he hates me.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'm gonna log on tonight and see if i can finally get a 2nd piece of akkhans with that drop buff
gooby pls ;_;

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's funny when someone says X class sucks and people take it to mean that they personally are shit because they happen to play the class that someone else thinks is terrible.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
You posted a video of the squishiest of elites. I asked for a more normal HP elite and you got mouthy about it.

I don't have a "burning hatred" for the monk class. Still my favorite class excepting the totally broken mechanics of OWE and dodge. That's really my only major problems with the class(every class has minor problems not really worth discussing). You guys act like I fucked your mother when I voice an opinion on the class. You guys can have different expectations, sure, but be prepared to elucidate them. No one has yet to show why these set changes are great, even within the context of personal play styles.

I understand you just fine. I understand you posted Blizzard's definition of set pieces and then reinforced that point so you could back out of it.

Tempest rush with monkey garb isn't bad, I'll admit I haven't thought of that one. But, upon some rumination, I don't think that would work too well. You're constantly spending spirit, thus your control of the explosions would be very poor. Are there monks now that speed clear T6 with tempest rush? Also, consider that a lot of TR builds use as much CDR as possible. Would you be giving up 10%-20% CDR to get those explosions? You'll be losing Inner Fire uptime for explosions.

That's your rebuttal? Sacrifice even more mobility so you can cast dashing strike THREE times per pack? And no, you couldn't do that every couple seconds, that's every 12 seconds minimum. You aren't doing that every pack. Just admit it, you saw big numbers and that's all you thought of it. Even tecknoe agrees with me, and he hates me.
Address my concerns or shutup.
Address my concerns or shutup.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Add me to the new shit, please. Mallik#1794.

I've only had RoS for a week, and haven't really played since a couple of months after vanilla launch (before paragon patch). So I'm lvl 70/50p right now, and just gearing up and relearning the end game.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
So, trying to reroll my helm to have +Arcane Torrent damage... Went through 150mil gold and still nada... Are you fucking kidding me? At 7mil a reroll now...

I think I need to find a new Tal's helm now... fuck

rrr_img_68884.jpg

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Add me to the new shit, please. Mallik#1794.

I've only had RoS for a week, and haven't really played since a couple of months after vanilla launch (before paragon patch). So I'm lvl 70/50p right now, and just gearing up and relearning the end game.
Holy shit Sean playing a game other than console.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So, trying to reroll my helm to have +Arcane Torrent damage... Went through 150mil gold and still nada... Are you fucking kidding me? At 7mil a reroll now...

I think I need to find a new Tal's helm now... fuck

rrr_img_68884.jpg
I thought if you didn't reroll it for a while the cost went down, maybe I read that wrong.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Nemesis bracers were a cache-only Act 2 drop right? Just got them doing Act 2 bounties, but as a random drop, not the cache.