Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
You start at tier1 rifts, which upon completion give access to tier2 rifts which are harder, which give access to tier3 and so on. It's basically similar to PoE map system where you climb from the shitty "easy" maps to the higher ones. That's my understanding of it at least. They're also what constitutes the ladder ranking, I believe, not level/paragon. Some interesting stuff, Hellfire amulets sound cool, even though if it takes an affix it's gonna be hard to actually be worth using since amulets are already loaded with stupid powerful affixes(elem dmg, crit and crit dmg, with main stat being pretty heavy too). If it's a secondary, or even better a separate effect, then they'll enable a bunch of builds or make some lesser builds more viables. If anything it's good utility for every class, being able to run one more passive.
Sounds like they are also adding the PoE style boss thats a loot pi?ata which will be cool if they are tough mini raids like PoE.

Can anyone give me a quick rundown of what "tiered rifts" are supposed to be compared to the current system?
You're the disp I think I raided with =p

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also

[UPCOMING HOTFIXES]
Barbarian
- Fixing an issue that allowed Rend to gain the benefit of Critical Hit Chance twice.
- This was an unintentional result of the fix made to the +% Damage for Rend affix applied in 2.0.6.

Ramar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Two +1 mirrorballs... such bullshit. I don't even know why they exist; devs must just enjoy trolling people.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Gonna be going for lightning on my barb. Got a really nice odyn and would kill for a tf/soh to go with it. tfw not even seeing one and all your friends have it. Leapquake is cool but meh. I need more excitement

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Well, after more or less getting all the gear I needed for wiz apart from a piece or there (fuck you fire SoJ), I leveled up a WD and am absolutely blown away on how easy it is compared to playing a wizard.

Damage from the gargantuan and fetishes are insane. My pet build is clearing T5 even with suboptimal gear. Can even clear T6 with a odd death here and there by nasty elite combinations.

Difference is like night and day.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I randomly found an ok-ish Odyn, wondering what I should reroll into: Primary stat or % dmg/ias? What is the best overall?

rrr_img_69179.png

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
To be more helpful, main stat, dmg%, or top end roll would probably all provide about the same dps increase. If you really want the CDR, reroll the damage range. Otherwise, reroll CDR to dmg% or dex.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea I rerolled it into 10% dmg. Seems like the best bet, plus then a can swap it around on characters if I want to. Ate all my souls in the process though :l

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm
The DMG sub 2200=reroll.
Reroll the 1074-1342 lightning damage? That's not that far below max, will it make that much of a difference compared to adding another +dmg stat instead of cooldown?
Don't think a mace can go over 2200 dps without IAS or dmg%.
Wups ignore me, deathwing is right.
To be more helpful, main stat, dmg%, or top end roll would probably all provide about the same dps increase. If you really want the CDR, reroll the damage range. Otherwise, reroll CDR to dmg% or dex.
That damage roll is shit. Missing 120 low end and 150 top end. Now 10% dmg is a slight bit better, but does that 'slight' bit offset the CDR? It's close, does your build work with RRC or CDR?

To be more precise about the weapon damage, I believe 2200 damage top end is only possible on a Mad Monarch's. Everything else besides mace's struggle to hit over 2000 damage. Now a mace generally will be a lower 2400 max DPS weapon, with swords being the highest at over 2500 1h for a perfect roll. Attached is a pic of a sword that was found yesterday. Not by me, but damn its a nice roll.

penalty_sl

shitlord
Full maurader sentry build is a little underwhelming. Its incredibly safe and what not, but so slow compared to my barb or WD. Oh well.

It was way more fun doing a full fire clusterfuck build before I finished mauraders set.

Seventh

Golden Squire
Got a decent Nats in T6 last night. What should I be rerolling on this? I DW it with a meh-rolled Calamity, sentry build. I can tear through T5 pretty quickly, T6 is slow but doable.

Full maurader sentry build is a little underwhelming. Its incredibly safe and what not, but so slow compared to my barb or WD. Oh well. It was way more fun doing a full fire clusterfuck build before I finished mauraders set.
I switched to sentries a few days ago too. I like it, but mostly because I ran the CH build for about 200 paragon levels and really wanted a change. I'm liking it so far - it's great for carrying my buddies through higher tiers.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Full maurader sentry build is a little underwhelming. Its incredibly safe and what not, but so slow compared to my barb or WD. Oh well.

It was way more fun doing a full fire clusterfuck build before I finished mauraders set.
Its for sure slower than WD for single bosses but I dont think any class overall has the mobility + ease + dps like DH's do.

You stacked up on %Sentry %CA & % phys / fire?