Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I just started "playing" this again for seasons. Read: Progress questing the shit out of it with demonbuddy (no fucks given if banned, I only like playing sporadically but like sifting through legendaries when I get home from work.)

I've got a crusader at 70 with about 120 paragon now. I'm running T1 rifts for the moment. I got the phalanx ring and shield within 20 minutes of each other the other day when I was actually playing myself. Fucking awesome. Bot clears T1 rifts way, way faster now. I've only got one Akkhan piece, but a full set of Roland's, which is meh. Got a Darklight and a few other crusader specific weapons and shields too. Crusader is way more fun than I remembered it. I'm using the demon fire-chain summoning 2 hander. That seems to do quite a bit of damage itself.

FYI from a statistical standpoint:

Running T1 regular rifts with my relatively shitty geared crusader is netting a very steady 4.x legendaries an hour.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'm peasant tier loot where I can really only efficiently farm T1 but gearing via GRifts is far, far quicker than normal rifts. I assume that can be extrapolated to higher tiers.
Make a tanky support build and join t6 pubs
smile.png
. That's literally what I did, never had any complaints.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm peasant tier loot where I can really only efficiently farm T1 but gearing via GRifts is far, far quicker than normal rifts. I assume that can be extrapolated to higher tiers.
What level grifts? There's a rough correlation between grift level and Torment. Clearing grifts faster than rifts means either your grift isn't high enough or your Torment is too high. My crusader does T4 rifts in 6 minutes and I'm not pushing up the difficulty.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Make a tanky support build and join t6 pubs
smile.png
. That's literally what I did, never had any complaints.
Sounds boring! I don't mind gearing slowly. I don't play too often but I like the changes they made to the game this patch. Makes it feel very bite sized where I can log in for an hour or so and feel like I actually accomplished something. Before without GRift and 5-keys-per-rift shit it felt like I had to constantly bounty->rift cycle but all I really wanted to do was rifts.

Tenks

What level grifts? There's a rough correlation between grift level and Torment. Clearing grifts faster than rifts means either your grift isn't high enough or your Torment is too high. My crusader does T4 rifts in 6 minutes and I'm not pushing up the difficulty.
I honestly haven't pushed up my Torment level and I probably should re-evaluate it. I also have never failed a GRift I just run a few and upgrade my gems. I think I did a level 14 GRift last night with 8 minutes remaining.

Tenks

That asshole bar doesn't fill up fast enough! They should add those cool bubbles that drop out of elites from GRifts to normal rifts. But just for you Deathwing I'll bump up to T3'ish tonight and see if I can get similar drops. But most of my gear I'm wearing is from me just getting a level 1 key, clearing it to the guardian, doing T1 bounties while waiting for the countdown and killing the boss. Which I still do since I need a RoRG that isn't abysmal.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I leveled to p100 wizard solo on season and quit, was stuck doing T1/T2 most of the time and suddenly you get cindercoat and magefists and T3+ is ez. No Ramaladni drop and never got those treasure faggots to spawn greed portal. Everybody and their mother running fire damage could give them a clue for some kind of choice...

The biggest bottleneck was gold, rerolling legendaries, especially amulets and rings, is crazy expensive and since CC/CD/AS don't scale up with rarity, well rolled rare easily beats the legendary, because I simply didn't have 1M+ per reroll to look for the right stats.

The game is certainly in much more varied now and running bounties doesn't make me want to kill myself, thanks to the seasonal wizard wand which gives you D2 teleport. Levelling gems isn't that bad when you do it on a new character and you have some measure of progress instead of just bumping up the difficulty every once in a while.

I look forward to the next patch some time during winter that will make me play it again.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Sounds boring! I don't mind gearing slowly. I don't play too often but I like the changes they made to the game this patch. Makes it feel very bite sized where I can log in for an hour or so and feel like I actually accomplished something. Before without GRift and 5-keys-per-rift shit it felt like I had to constantly bounty->rift cycle but all I really wanted to do was rifts.
Boring cuz you aren't doing millions of damage? Hell, think about the effective dps you give the group by giving everyone 30% damage constantly... assuming even gear on all dps.. you're getting 120% of one individual's damage. If that's not enough and you just care about huge numbers? Look at them huge toughness numbers for a while.

You'll be geared up like crazy in no time.

Silence_sl

shitlord
I leveled to p100 wizard solo on season and quit, was stuck doing T1/T2 most of the time and suddenly you get cindercoat and magefists and T3+ is ez. No Ramaladni drop and never got those treasure faggots to spawn greed portal. Everybody and their mother running fire damage could give them a clue for some kind of choice...

The biggest bottleneck was gold, rerolling legendaries, especially amulets and rings, is crazy expensive and since CC/CD/AS don't scale up with rarity, well rolled rare easily beats the legendary, because I simply didn't have 1M+ per reroll to look for the right stats.

The game is certainly in much more varied now and running bounties doesn't make me want to kill myself, thanks to the seasonal wizard wand which gives you D2 teleport. Levelling gems isn't that bad when you do it on a new character and you have some measure of progress instead of just bumping up the difficulty every once in a while.

I look forward to the next patch some time during winter that will make me play it again.
If you quit when you just got into T3, then I'd say give it more time. T1-2 doesn't give jack and shit for money, xp or loots. Also, it helps not to spend $ on stuff you know will be replaced easily.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Boring cuz you aren't doing millions of damage? Hell, think about the effective dps you give the group by giving everyone 30% damage constantly... assuming even gear on all dps.. you're getting 120% of one individual's damage. If that's not enough and you just care about huge numbers? Look at them huge toughness numbers for a while.

You'll be geared up like crazy in no time.
I always wonder if my WD can hang with 3 other T6 people because I bring up their damage by 30% (each) and I can keep it up relatively constantly with pets + SMK. I guess that isn't true unless the mobs stay alive long enough for my pets to reduce my CDs via SMK.

Silence_sl

shitlord
I always wonder if my WD can hang with 3 other T6 people because I bring up their damage by 30% (each) and I can keep it up relatively constantly with pets + SMK. I guess that isn't true unless the mobs stay alive long enough for my pets to reduce my CDs via SMK.
I'm up for some duo T6 runs tomorrow if you re down for it. I have a set of Gold Find gear that allows me to Roflwagon T6. Keep in mind, gold is the currency that keeps me alive when I do this, but you'd be welcome to all the drops save for Furnace (mine) or Unity rings (/rand to win).

rrr_img_76292.jpg

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
After playing my monk and crusader for a while, crusader is hilariously better. Now that rifts correctly weight elites for clear speed, it's just an endless cycle of steed -> blow up elites. Open a chest here and there. Only time I fight trash is if I don't find the next elite pack before steed wears off. Also, steed + swiftmount makes bounties really fast.
dunno i find it the opposite way. I had a decently geared crus before 2.1 came (farming t6 np), and a bad geared monk that i geared up on the week beetwen 2.1 and season (made it t6 able in couple of days). Then i made another monk on season. my crus is holy with fotf almsot full akkan, and monks are 1 lightning (dw tf + odyn) and other holy with sunwooku set + flying dragon. i can do rift 30 np on the season monk(holy), and have the dps to go past it, just lacking double unity for survivability. Monks feel WAY WAY faster. On t6 there is no comparison rly both of my monks obliterate my crusader speed wise, and the gear quality is similar ( all of em are over 1.1 mil dps, around 11mil toughness), and on greater rift its the same.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
So I traded in some xb360 games and got this. Not sure why, since I've been gaming my face off with Destiny, but I'd like to give it a shot if someone wants to group up some time.

I tried reading this thread to get some tips/hints for newbies, but everything is over my head. Anyone want to group up some time (with voice chat) and show me the ropes?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
dunno i find it the opposite way. I had a decently geared crus before 2.1 came (farming t6 np), and a bad geared monk that i geared up on the week beetwen 2.1 and season (made it t6 able in couple of days). Then i made another monk on season. my crus is holy with fotf almsot full akkan, and monks are 1 lightning (dw tf + odyn) and other holy with sunwooku set + flying dragon. i can do rift 30 np on the season monk(holy), and have the dps to go past it, just lacking double unity for survivability. Monks feel WAY WAY faster. On t6 there is no comparison rly both of my monks obliterate my crusader speed wise, and the gear quality is similar ( all of em are over 1.1 mil dps, around 11mil toughness), and on greater rift its the same.
I disagree that the gear quality is similar. Full akkhan is about the same jump in power as sunwuko is for monks. By speed, I mean crusader has the crucial ability to skip 80% of the trash. There's nothing in the monk's arsenal that allows them to do that. They can skip a bit by dashing past them, but you're still stuck fighting a decent amount of trash. Most of the trash my crusader kills is just accidental mobs that were hanging around the elites.

Go to the 10 minute mark here to see what I mean:

Blade of Propheccy 2.1 (RIFTS @ T6) - YouTube

What's the time for your monks T6 clears?

Needless

Toe Sucker
I do, Mudcrush, booze and a couple others do i believe.

--

Anybody have a wizard fire build that doesnt revolve around having any firebird pieces? I ask this because i already have: cindercoat, magefist, fire andy helm and fire % bracers... but i have no idea what skills would be best in 2.1 lol (passives as well)

currently using:

Skills
LC: Magic Missile - Conflagrate
RC: Blizzard - Apocalypse
1: Black Hole - Blazar
2: Hydra - Mammoth
3: Teleport - Wormhole
4: Energy Armor - Prismatic Armor

Passives
P1: Unstable Anomaly (required.. playing HC)
P2: Blur
P3: Illusionist
P4: Evocation