Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Been playing the shit out of this again lately, enjoying the monk 'blow everything up' wave of light build that took all of 2 days to gear for.

Really though as my friends and I play we talk about I posted here some time ago... where's the Warcraft-themed Diablo-style game? A decade of lore, dungeons and other content to build a game out of. Could take the Draenor approach and introduce a Dark Portal between the Diablo and Warcraft universe at some point in time and then have it unfold over multiple paid content packs or expansions.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
would it be a crime to literally copy everything about D2 name it something else make it with new textures and release it?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I tend to believe the rumor that they gutted the d3 team
Doesn't seem to be a big stretch. They dumped the RMAH, so no need to deal with bugs that could have financial consequences for anyone and ultimately removed a bunch of financial-related complexity, while appeasing a good chunk of the fanbase in the process.

Wish they'd bring over the nemesis system and trading (in that order of importance IMO) that the consoles have at least before they washed their hands of it and left it in the hands of interns and people's 20% time.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
would it be a crime to literally copy everything about D2 name it something else make it with new textures and release it?
Shit, that's a lot of work. I'd pay them $30 to just make Diablo 2 Fullscreen work on modern screen resolutions without making my eyes bleed.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I tend to believe the rumor that they gutted the d3 team
They still have 1 more expansion to do, but yeah, the live team handling seasons and so on seems to be non-existent. RoS sold pretty well, but live development is only losing them money. If they increased seasonal content by a decent amount, like extra bosses, item sets etc and sold a pass for 5$, they would make money hand over fist.

If they ever release D2 working on modern resolutions and working with mods, I'd fear for my life.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Can you guys answer a couple casual questions for me? I only play this off and on, and don't really want to try browsing through Blizzard sites trying to find answers.

I leveled a monk back in the day and enjoyed it...have since switched accounts and started fresh. I have a 70 Templar now, tried it since it wasn't in game when I played. It's not bad, I rarely die, but my god it takes forever killing stuff in the Torment levels. I've literally fallen asleep during some battles because I'm just holding two attack buttons and it drags forever.

So my question is...is this the Templar in general, or do all the classes play this way in Torments? Should I just level something else? I thought about DH or Barb, but don't want to waste my time if they're just all slow.

Also, I remember there was a very small cave during a quest line that was good for trying to farm items cause there was a guaranteed elite in it and close to a waypoint...does anything like that still exist? My gear doesn't seem worth a shit, but again that may just be Templar sucking.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Blizz decided campaign and reset farming was bad, because all modern games revolve around instances and that's just the super awesome place everyone wants to be. Xp and gear farming you will do in rifts and greater rifts, only venture outside for specific things like a bounty cache or key farming.

Crypt of the Ancients is worthless now because common enemies don't give shit for xp. Never played a crusader but there's only a couple classes that have more than one good build for T6+, poke around on reddit for builds and threads to find something enjoyable.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
It's kinda dumb that boss fights are completely gone from normal farming gameplay now. Rift bosses don't count at all. They have a bunch of good campaign bosses that never get killed.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Oh come on, there was a season achievement to kill each of them like 50 times, do you need more reasons to kill them ?