Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is your isp cox? I read on the official forums last night they have been having issues w/ cox and are working with them to resolve it. I couldn't even connect to battle.net for awhile last night.
By any chance are you watching Twitch or Youtube at the same time? I had the craziest issue at RoS release where I could not have a stream open at all while I played or I would lag out and d/c all the time.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Checking out a stream randomly, seems the game has changed quite a bit since last time I played, people do T6 really easily now, guess they readjusted difficulty with the new rifts and shit, looks a lot more fun. Also a DH was using Chakram, so guess it's not too garbagy anymore. Maybe I'll reinstall this whenever I have some free time, so like for season 3 or whatever.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I have the Chakram quiver but I've moved over to using Entangling for my builder since I have the bow that confers 25% damage to targets under Entangling's effects. Chakram always felt a bit wonky to me and I didn't really care to use it as my builder.

Sumi_sl

shitlord
For those of us who played the original Diablo III on the PC and then switched to RoS on the PS4, what is the normal mode of progression? I beat the game on normal with a 50 mage over the weekend and then went to check out adventure mode on hard and I like that it gives me objects to do. Even found one of those rift keys which took me to an area to slay enough to trigger the boss. Should I be finishing the normal game on each difficulty, getting to level 70, or continuing to mess with adventure mode?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
For those of us who played the original Diablo III on the PC and then switched to RoS on the PS4, what is the normal mode of progression? I beat the game on normal with a 50 mage over the weekend and then went to check out adventure mode on hard and I like that it gives me objects to do. Even found one of those rift keys which took me to an area to slay enough to trigger the boss. Should I be finishing the normal game on each difficulty, getting to level 70, or continuing to mess with adventure mode?
Don't bother with each difficulty. Just mess with adventure mode. Save your bloodshards until you are 70 (and rift keys as well). Once you hit 70, post here again and you can get better advice.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
I half-expected the shininess of season 2 to wear off fairly quickly but the RNG gods seem to want me to stick around. I got 70 last night on my seasonal monk and they granted me two Incense Torches (meh rolls) and a decent Unity before I logged off for the night. I am thinking about leveling up a WD after I get a Gem of Ease up to rank 25.

Tenks

The RNG gods do not favor me. I'm now p40 or something with almost nothing to show for it
frown.png
I guess I did get some decently rolled Marauder's Gloves eventually last night but that was my only long-term item.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I remember back in the day when I used blood shard to get better-rolled yellows, not legendaries. I'm considering just going back to my non-seasonal monk because the thought of reacquiring all the good shit I already got just to play with gungdo gear on grifts...meh.

Speed farming T6(under 3 minutes on average maps) is more exciting than slogging out high grifts.

Tenks

I don't really find the game enough fun to just curbstomp on an already geared toon. I enjoy the loot grind then I'll hang it up for S3 I'm sure.

penalty_sl

shitlord
Got bored on my monk so I decided to level the gem of ease. I was able to go 1-70 on my new DH in about 1 1/2 hours with it. Definitely nice to know you can roll a new char like its nothing with this gem.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
It's a bit dissapointing that the only way to have a difficult challenge is greater rifts. Wish they would've added T7-10 or something like that.

penalty_sl

shitlord
Yea at this point theres pretty much zero challenge left to this game. Its mindless.

I play to see the shiny star drop on the map and gear my character.. then I get bored and move on. I already geared my monk in 2 days, and I'll be fucked if I'm gonna grind 100 hours to get a single upgrade ancient item. Time to gear a DH which I'll likely get bored of after m6 then its quitting time.

Playing for the leaderboards is pointless with streamers like quin and gaby playing 18 hours a day.

Fun for a few weeks though.

Needless

Toe Sucker
is torch BIS for those EP/pillar builds? i got one last night and it seems to wreck shop

too bad i can't find shit all for armor/jewelry lol

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yes.

Go craft some jewelry, it's the best way to spend those marquise gems. Two yellow main stat/CHC/CHD/socket rings are much better than whatever shit legendary will drop. Replace them whenever you get a good unity/soj/rorg. Same for amulet.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
By any chance are you watching Twitch or Youtube at the same time? I had the craziest issue at RoS release where I could not have a stream open at all while I played or I would lag out and d/c all the time.
I wasn't watching vids at the same time.

The reinstallation helped. I haven't been DCed since, but I still get occasional big lag spikes. Maybe my ISP, gateway or WLAN card sucks. Who knows. At least it is more playable now.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I was jaded for a bit due to duping and whatnot, but after my wife saw me watching streams leading up to S2 and playing w/ friends many evenings on PC, she asked to play Diablo 3 yesterday on PS4. She's got it for PC due to the WoW promo, but isn't a fan of the 'clicking around games' (I have a few friends like this, wtf).

By the end of the day across 2 play sessions we're halfway through act 2 with a couple of Barbarians in their mid-30s. This might be the best couch co-op game I've ever played.

On the S2 front, playing my first HC character, have a WD in the 50s. HC has never really been my thing, but even getting occasionally PL'd on torment 1 by some friends in the 50s-60s (while I was in the 20s) it's quite the wrinkle knowing that a slip up and my work is gone.

Needless

Toe Sucker
they really need to bundle this god damn game up, why is it so expensive still to get into? $80 to start playing from scratch is pretty insane. My woman wants to try it out too since she liked the PS4 version, but the PC is just so much better :\