Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I wish they'd look at Jailer. Getting 1 shot by something you can't do anything about is fucking stupid. Make the damage over time while in it, or just lower it period. It feels like your resists don't matter for it. I have 882k hp, 1582 arcane, 5454 armor, and the shit just annihilates me. That's dumb.
Jailer has been fucked forever. Either you get the immune to arcane neck or you just get insta gibbed.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Jelly goblins are cool. Unless you one-shot the initial goblin. Then you get no loot whatsoever.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Jailer has been fucked forever. Either you get the immune to arcane neck or you just get insta gibbed.
Or you're a DH kiting them offscreen with sentries slowing them down, then they never cast it. But yeah it's pretty shit.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
got my 4p IK and 6P wotw, shits legit blender mode lol fun stuff!
I am returning to D3 and have not played since before 2.0 patch. This is my first season character and I am playing a Barb and just hit level 70. My gear is crap. Is there a brief summation of how to effectively hunt for the set pieces I need? Is there a Torment 1 leveling build for Barbs? I have a RROG but it is level 65. Thanks in advance
smile.png

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm playing this as a hardcore crusader, probably gonna hit 70 tonight. Any suggested build and armor set / gear I should be on the look-out for?

Needless

Toe Sucker
I am returning to D3 and have not played since before 2.0 patch. This is my first season character and I am playing a Barb and just hit level 70. My gear is crap. Is there a brief summation of how to effectively hunt for the set pieces I need? Is there a Torment 1 leveling build for Barbs? I have a RROG but it is level 65. Thanks in advance
smile.png
I just used the most damaging wep i could (ancient mighty weapon) and went with a standard whirlwind build in T1-T3, depending if i was soloing or playing with friends.
I got quite a few pieces by gambling as well though. However, once you get 2 pieces of IK things will really start to pick up (permanent ancients = fury generator, or reduce damage taken by 50%).

--

I use WOTB on cooldown, it's basically permanently up for me due to reapers wraps and using rend to help reduce the timer.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Zeus - Community - Diablo III

Anyone have any recommendations on my barb? Looking at the season leaderboards just to see what gear/combo is where, my gear is comparable/better in most cases but I can't seem to get past GRift 40. If I don't run with 50% dmg resist ancients & ignore pain I get liquified even at 35m+ toughness. I can change WotB to 50% defense but damage really starts to suffer at that point.

Other problem is health regen, and WW w/ blood funnel does not honestly do too much when things hit for 30% of your hp at a time through defense.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I wonder when we'll see it.

I don't know what the problem is with keeping max per character. His counter example is dumb. Anyone that pushes grifts knows you can get higher in groups than solo. Nobody is going to be disappointed when they can't upgrade their gems in solo because they pushed much higher in groups.

k^M:

Take a look at the barb in my sig. Couple points:

Why aren't you using rend?
I don't see the point of sprint. Pushing grifts is rarely ever about movement speed. And WW6/IK4 barbs are sometimes tight on rage.
Bloodshed has been "nerfed". Use ITF or StP.

ToA + WW4 should really be enough DR% to tackle GR40+. I've done multiple GR46 with Unity + WW4, best key I've gotten from those runs is GR49. The only times I had trouble is when I'm an idiot and spin into a pack of dune stingers or on RGs where you don't get much health back(this will be problem going forward). I really wish WW6 + BK was competitive with WW6/IK4, damage wise. The amount of healing you get from DWing two LoH weapons is fantastic.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Zeus - Community - Diablo III

Anyone have any recommendations on my barb? Looking at the season leaderboards just to see what gear/combo is where, my gear is comparable/better in most cases but I can't seem to get past GRift 40. If I don't run with 50% dmg resist ancients & ignore pain I get liquified even at 35m+ toughness. I can change WotB to 50% defense but damage really starts to suffer at that point.

Other problem is health regen, and WW w/ blood funnel does not honestly do too much when things hit for 30% of your hp at a time through defense.
Top of my head: life per fury spent. You have very little or none of it. This + rend is like a health pot for me. Use battle shout with impunity maybe? That helps me.

I found that past 40 I get picky with the shit I kill. I don't like that elite pack? WW the fuck away and start mowing down mobs till I hit another pack. I usually make big groups of mobs and just WW on the edge of the pack so my tornadoes hit them all but i'm not sitting in the middle of the pack.
I also use superstition, ground shit starts to hurt at 43+

I don't use Bloodshed for war cry, instead I use SoP and I just WW my way from globes to globes. Makes for good fury generation and ton of health on demand.

penalty_sl

shitlord
Lol @ the blood shard exploit

People with over 750K+ blood shards already so far today. Great game. Great season.

Find bloodshard gob -> open a grift (the higher, the better) and stay in the grift -> let friends kil the BS gob -> get out of the grift and get 4k bloodshards

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, I wonder when we'll see it.

I don't know what the problem is with keeping max per character. His counter example is dumb. Anyone that pushes grifts knows you can get higher in groups than solo. Nobody is going to be disappointed when they can't upgrade their gems in solo because they pushed much higher in groups.

k^M:

Take a look at the barb in my sig. Couple points:

Why aren't you using rend?
I don't see the point of sprint. Pushing grifts is rarely ever about movement speed. And WW6/IK4 barbs are sometimes tight on rage.
Bloodshed has been "nerfed". Use ITF or StP.

ToA + WW4 should really be enough DR% to tackle GR40+. I've done multiple GR46 with Unity + WW4, best key I've gotten from those runs is GR49. The only times I had trouble is when I'm an idiot and spin into a pack of dune stingers or on RGs where you don't get much health back(this will be problem going forward). I really wish WW6 + BK was competitive with WW6/IK4, damage wise. The amount of healing you get from DWing two LoH weapons is fantastic.
Thanks for the thoughts. I don't use sprint in grifts I swap it for IP. I don't use Rend as losing 40% DR to stop and use it made me concerned I'd be one shot but can give it a shot. Also use StP with battle shout was just using those for clearing low grifts.

Getting health back is my #1 issue but point above this calling out LpFS is a big miss point. I'll see if I can't get some more of that where I can find it even with a little bit of dps loss it'd be worth the reliability in regen.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
They shortened the animation of rend, applying it mid WW is near instantaneous. If you hold down WW(notice this is why I have it on a non-mouse button) and then press rend, you'll apply rend and immediately go back to spinning. The loss in DR% is only a concern in grifts where you can be one shot, literally. Then, you have to be more choosy where/when you rend.

I have no problems with health in big packs. The crits and globes are flowing freely then and you're on the move, so you're not actually taking that much damage. It's when you don't have many targets that barb regen kinda sucks. In those situations, either move if the elites are too tough to face or grin and bear the boring RG fight.

Someone had a nice suggestion that Mortick's Brace should allow the Ancient's Fury rune on CoTA and the Thrive on Chaos rune on WoTB. I really want that 5500 LpFS back now.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
So the new dh set, is it better than marauder's from the get go or not until you get focus/restraint/dml? Trying to decide what to roll on next.